PDA

View Full Version : Six sigma training/certification - green belt

finboy
01-23-2017, 04:09 PM
Things have finally calmed down at work, and I have some time to build up some resume/career skills. I have been looking at some green belt certifications available in calgary, but was wondering if anyone had experience/recommendations for where to go. U of c seems to have an offering but $3k or more for certification versus some others that are under $2k.

My background is scm, management consulting and a lot of process improvement and project management in various roles.

zerofighter
01-24-2017, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by finboy
Things have finally calmed down at work, and I have some time to build up some resume/career skills. I have been looking at some green belt certifications available in calgary, but was wondering if anyone had experience/recommendations for where to go. U of c seems to have an offering but $3k or more for certification versus some others that are under $2k.

My background is scm, management consulting and a lot of process improvement and project management in various roles.

Perhaps a step back, what do you plan on doing with the LSS GB? Going to do the Black Belt later on? External/internal consulting?

Seeing that you already have some MC and process improvement experience, you may not need to do the LSS GB, depending what you plan on doing of course.

Feel free to PM me, I took a LSS GB course and am currently at a consultancy.

finboy
01-24-2017, 08:11 AM
Pm

rinny
01-24-2017, 09:01 PM
What is this training all about anyway? Seems like a bunch of jargon used to make managers seem more self-important. I'm actually curious how this training is beneficial.

spikerS
01-24-2017, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by rinny
What is this training all about anyway? Seems like a bunch of jargon used to make managers seem more self-important. I'm actually curious how this training is beneficial.

Honestly, my take is as follows:
It is a course that these "academies" or whatever develop and deliver to management to help streamline processes and develop inter-departmental relations and relationships between companies. Sets of contracts if you will.

Each of these academies are basically teaching the same thing, just with different jargon which I swear is intentionally meant to confuse people into thinking that each different strategy is the best.

Makes directors, VPs, SVPs and CEOs wet if you have it on your resume though.