PDA

View Full Version : RECOVERED: Lexus RX400 Hybrid

swampbuggy
01-24-2017, 02:03 AM
***Vehicle has been recovered by CPS***

2008 Lexus RX400H was stolen from Beltline area Monday morning.

Very distinct green color.

Has grey Enkei wheels.

Curt brand hitch on the back.

Plate is/was BSL0905

If anyone sees this vehicle dial 911 and provide location, do not approach.

No, it was not left running.

Thanks everyone!!!

http://i.imgur.com/qFnvpQG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KKAgPdm.png

colsankey
01-24-2017, 03:22 AM
Why scratch out the locense plate if its included in the post its attached to?

dj_rice
01-24-2017, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by colsankey
Why scratch out the locense plate if its included in the post its attached to?

Probably an old photo :rofl:

swampbuggy
01-24-2017, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Probably an old photo :rofl:

This is correct.

BokCh0y
01-25-2017, 01:07 PM
How did they steal it? Doesn't it have a child in key?

Anyway, very unique color, will keep my eyes out for it.

swampbuggy
01-26-2017, 11:37 AM
We had been using the valet key to lock the doors if we started it to warm it up on the cold days, and the key had been left inside the vehicle. They smashed the window and that was that.

Looks like insurance will repair, and we will keep the vehicle.

dirtsniffer
01-26-2017, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by swampbuggy
.....No, it was not left running....

... the key had been left inside the vehicle. They smashed the window and that was that....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rocket1k78
01-26-2017, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The truth shall set you free

Maxx Mazda
01-26-2017, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Rocket1k78

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The truth shall set you free

Hahahahaha busted!!!

max_boost
01-26-2017, 03:58 PM
Lol that's funny

Thaco
01-26-2017, 04:04 PM
every time you see "it was not left running" on something newer than a 90's civic you know its a lie.

shakalaka
01-26-2017, 04:14 PM
Well technically he wasn't lying. :poosie:

swampbuggy
01-27-2017, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Well technically he wasn't lying. :poosie:

This is correct.

The valet key was left inside the vehicle, but we did not start the car and leave it running unlocked and unattended with the key in the ignition.

I don't deny that it created the opportunity for theft, I just meant that we didn't leave it running unlocked.

Same result, different decision.

I understand that it's easy to say we made an idiotic error. We never tried to hide the facts. Insurance company waived deductible with full knowledge that key was in the car.

We made the mistake of leaving a key inside our vehicle. A criminal decided to commit grand theft auto.

revelations
01-27-2017, 01:32 AM

We made the mistake of leaving a key inside our vehicle. A criminal decided to commit grand theft auto.

Unless you're referring to the game, we dont have that criminal charge in Canada. Its usually theft >5000$.

Thaco
01-27-2017, 07:14 AM

No, it was not left running.

We had been using the valet key to lock the doors if we started it to warm it up on the cold days, and the key had been left inside the vehicle.

The valet key was left inside the vehicle, but we did not start the car and leave it running unlocked and unattended with the key in the ignition.

I don't deny that it created the opportunity for theft, I just meant that we didn't leave it running unlocked.

so was it running or not?.........

J-hop
01-27-2017, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Thaco

so was it running or not?.........

I don't believe so. Sounds like the OP leaves the valet key in it so they can walk out in the morning, start the car (with the main set of keys), grab the valet key from inside the vehicle to lock the doors as they go back inside to let it warm up. Valet key was still in the car so the vehicle wasn't started.

speedog
01-27-2017, 07:36 AM
that we didn't leave it running unlocked.

Sounds like it was running. If there wasn't any keys left in the vehicle and it was left running and locked, wouldn't the steering wheel still be locked?

Edit: sorry J-hop, not meant to be a ninja edit, am on an iPad and that's painful.

J-hop
01-27-2017, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by speedog

Sounds like it was running.

, the next line says the keys weren't in the ignition and I don't think that car has push start so?

Valet key was left in vehicle and by the sounds of it wasn't hidden

Edit: don't worry I did too :rofl:

I totally get why the OP does what he does but yea you have to at least hide the key under the seat or lock it in the glovebox to provide an extra barrier. If it was left in the cup holder or somewhere visible then theft is to be expected. I don't know much about the hybrids but I'm assuming the person could have broken the window, "started" it with the valet and cruised down the street on electric so no one would hear a thing. Windows are only barriers to people like you and me. It's amazing how quietly you can break safety glass. No one will hear it.

max_boost
01-27-2017, 08:03 AM
So thief was going for smash and grab and then noticed key in holder so decided to drive off lol

Thaco
01-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by J-hop

, the next line says the keys weren't in the ignition and I don't think that car has push start so?

Valet key was left in vehicle and by the sounds of it wasn't hidden

Edit: don't worry I did too :rofl:

I totally get why the OP does what he does but yea you have to at least hide the key under the seat or lock it in the glovebox to provide an extra barrier. If it was left in the cup holder or somewhere visible then theft is to be expected. I don't know much about the hybrids but I'm assuming the person could have broken the window, "started" it with the valet and cruised down the street on electric so no one would hear a thing. Windows are only barriers to people like you and me. It's amazing how quietly you can break safety glass. No one will hear it.

WOW this just blows my mind!

if this is the case, i am sorry OP for being so hard on you for thinking it was left running, that could be chalked up to a lapse in judgement...

this is WAY WORSE!! holy shit, the only thing about this situation i am surprised about is that it didn't happen sooner... just, wow..... do you leave your house key under the mat at the front door too?

BokCh0y
01-27-2017, 11:12 AM
So OP left a key with the immobilizer chip in the car for convenience, someone broke in, took the key and stole the car? You may have well said you left it running. Pretty much the same thing....you just gave the thief an extra step - actually having to start the car with the key.

Sorry but :rofl: and :facepalm:

riander5
01-27-2017, 11:22 AM
Fuck and this is one of many reasons why we pay so much for insurance. This shit shouldnt be covered.

Glad you got your car back OP - above is just my opinon

BokCh0y
01-27-2017, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by riander5
Fuck and this is one of many reasons why we pay so much for insurance. This shit shouldnt be covered.

Blah blah

^^^^ This

speedog
01-27-2017, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by riander5

Glad you got your car back OP - above is just my opinon

I agree for the most part but instead of no coverage, it should be covered but your premiums increase more drastically to reflect that you had more easily enabled that ability of someone to steal your vehicle. Kind of the opposite of how some policies will give a decrease in rates if you have an alarm system.

Thaco
01-27-2017, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by speedog

I agree for the most part but instead of no coverage, it should be covered but your premiums increase more drastically to reflect that you had more easily enabled that ability of someone to steal your vehicle. Kind of the opposite of how some policies will give a decrease in rates if you have an alarm system. yeah its called higher risk... the exact reason young guys pay so much, except this would be justified because it directly targets the idiot... should be like a normal claim x3, self inflicted insurance claims should definitely be treated differently.