View Full Version : All Day Breakfast coming from McDonalds and A&W

Pages : [1] 2

dino_martini
01-26-2017, 12:53 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/mcdonalds-a-w-breakfast-1.3952935

McDonalds launching Feb 21, A&W launching later this spring.:clap:

NoSup4U
01-26-2017, 01:00 PM
I think we need to start lobbying McD's for all day fries to go along with this. The hangover breakfast would be much more appreciated with fries :drool: :nut:

eglove
01-26-2017, 01:13 PM
Big mac with an eggmcmuffin in it here I come

Right EK 2.0???

NoPulp
01-26-2017, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by NoSup4U
I think we need to start lobbying McD's for all day fries to go along with this. The hangover breakfast would be much more appreciated with fries :drool: :nut:
Also larger fries portions...hate pretending I'm ordering for other people :rofl:

And a nugget size between 10 and 20.
10 doesn't satisfy my cravings, if I order 20 I end up eating all of them and hate myself for doing so.

jwslam
01-26-2017, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by NoPulp

Also larger fries portions...hate pretending I'm ordering for other people :rofl:

And a nugget size between 10 and 20.
10 doesn't satisfy my cravings, if I order 20 I end up eating all of them and hate myself for doing so.
Get on board with ordering 3 or 4 happy meals at a time :rofl:
12 or 16 piece nuggets plz

tirebob
01-26-2017, 02:03 PM
Sausage and Eggers... Fuck now I will be eating this shit too often!

Tik-Tok
01-26-2017, 02:10 PM
Thank christ. I start one of my shifts at 3am, so god damn annoying that I can't pick up a breakfast until an hour after my shift starts.

NoPulp
01-26-2017, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

That might actually work!

Large fry is apparently 560 calories, a small fry is 240 calories. So 2.33 small fries to 1 large fry. May still need to get extra fries...
Would also work well with dipping sauce... I hate when they give you 1 sauce for 10 nuggets. dafuq

What about the drink... will they combine all the small drinks into 1 large for me?:rofl:

jwslam
01-26-2017, 02:15 PM
What about the drink... will they combine all the small drinks into 1 large for me?:rofl:
You may just have to "suck it up" and drink out of 4 kids' juices on a tray

Bonus: you'll be quick to collect toys!

pheoxs
01-26-2017, 02:17 PM
I thought McDonalds already did all day breakfast? Or did it disappear for a while?

Xtrema
01-26-2017, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by eglove

Right EK 2.0???

Bacon AND Egg Big Mac!

NoPulp
01-26-2017, 02:20 PM

Totally trying this next time. :thumbsup:
Should go with the girlfriend and get like 6-8 happy meals :rofl:

darthVWader
01-26-2017, 02:27 PM
Have you tried just ordering the kids sized nuggets without the meal?

kertejud2
01-26-2017, 02:34 PM

okvGJEvNwgM

jwslam
01-26-2017, 02:34 PM
Totally trying this next time. :thumbsup:
Should go with the girlfriend and get like 6-8 happy meals :rofl:
"Can I pay with food stamps?" :rofl:

R154
01-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Best news on a long time.

Seth1968
01-26-2017, 03:36 PM
Side note:

I just went to Burger King to get their 2 Big Kings for $5. They've got a 10 nuggets for $2 deal going.

I think McNuggets are tastier, but for that price, it can't be beat.

firebane
01-26-2017, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by pheoxs
I thought McDonalds already did all day breakfast? Or did it disappear for a while?

In the US its been that way for a while but this is new for Canada.

Swank
01-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Waiting for someone to build a McMuffBang :poosie:

Disoblige
01-26-2017, 04:11 PM
All about the A&W Bacon and Eggers.

McDonalds needs to learn to make a breakfast sandwich using their big mac or quarter pounder bun. Or even a breakfast sandwich using their McDouble sized bun.

bulaian
01-26-2017, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

McDonalds needs to learn to make a breakfast sandwich using their big mac or quarter pounder bun. Or even a breakfast sandwich using their McDouble sized bun.

What?!?! The english muffin makes the McMuffin, the McMuffin! Crispy outer with soft chewy inner :drool:

spikerS
01-26-2017, 04:34 PM

McGriddles FTMFW! :clap:

jwslam
01-26-2017, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Swank
Waiting for someone to build a McMuffBang :poosie:

Originally posted by spikerS
I'm going for a Big GriddleMac

NoSup4U
01-26-2017, 05:15 PM

After all the hype this morning, I decided to hit A&W for a sausage n egger, as I have never tired. I will admit, it was good, but it is not hang over cure worthy, and the hash brown is just not there (although 100x better than Tim's). I would still rather the English muffin, as you are basically just having a shitty sausage burger when you get it io a bun.

I am 100% A&W when it comes to fast food burgers, and will make two stops when we eat fast food just for their burger, but I think McD's is still the king for a breakfast sandwich and hashbrown.

saiyajin
01-26-2017, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by NoSup4U

After all the hype this morning, I decided to hit A&W for a sausage n egger, as I have never tired. I will admit, it was good, but it is not hang over cure worthy, and the hash brown is just not there (although 100x better than Tim's). I would still rather the English muffin, as you are basically just having a shitty sausage burger when you get it io a bun.

I am 100% A&W when it comes to fast food burgers, and will make two stops when we eat fast food just for their burger, but I think McD's is still the king for a breakfast sandwich and hashbrown.

love A&W All Canadian breakfast but for a breakfast sandwich then yes McD tastes better but i enjoy the bacon, sausage, sunny side eggs and some toast at A&W :nut:

speedog
01-26-2017, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968
Side note:

I just went to Burger King to get their 2 Big Kings for $5. They've got a 10 nuggets for $2 deal going.

I think McNuggets are tastier, but for that price, it can't be beat.

One has to wonder exactly what part of the chicken they are using to make these $2 nuggets in order to still make some decent profit.

Seth1968
01-26-2017, 09:18 PM
^ The regular price is 10 for $6.

BK Nuggets: Boneless chicken breast with rib meat, water, isolated oat product, potato starch, seasoning (modified corn starch, salt, maltodextrin, yeast extract, chicken stock, flavors, wheat starch, dextrose, propylene glycol and citric acid), salt, sodium phosphates. BATTERED WITH: Water, yellow corn flour, wheat flour, wheat starch, salt, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate), dextrose, spice. BREADED WITH: Wheat flour, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate), spices, salt. Breading set in vegetable oil.

McDonald's McNuggets: White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning [yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid], sodium phosphate, natural flavor (botanical source). Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, dextrose, corn starch. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.

The_Penguin
01-26-2017, 09:26 PM

Yes! A&W breakfast FTW. Bacon & Egger on a fresh bun, awesomeness.

ZenOps
01-26-2017, 09:51 PM
Never liked breakfast all that much. McDouble used to be $1.39 Cdn for the longest time. Crazy deal considering it was pretty much a big mac without the center piece of bread or sesame seeds on the bun, and cheese instead of lettuce.

jhmed
01-26-2017, 10:15 PM
My favorite is a BLT bagel w/cheese and sub in an English muffin cuz their bagels taste like crap

rx7_turbo2
01-26-2017, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by speedog
One has to wonder exactly what part of the chicken they are using to make these $2 nuggets in order to still make some decent profit.
I was just in Ohio. Local McD's promo was two Big Macs, two cheeseburgers, 10pc McNuggets, four small fries, $9. Every time I heard the radio promo I just thought about how it was even possible. I was left thinking that the promo doesn't include beverages so maybe McD's make the money on the soft drinks:dunno:

stillworking
01-27-2017, 01:10 AM
I was reading somewhere that McDonalds all day breakfast is resulting in lower average tickets since it is cannibalizing higher ticket lunch and dinner options.

Here's one: http://nypost.com/2015/10/15/mcdonalds-all-day-breakfast-has-been-a-disaster/

firebane
01-27-2017, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by stillworking
I was reading somewhere that McDonalds all day breakfast is resulting in lower average tickets since it is cannibalizing higher ticket lunch and dinner options.

Here's one: http://nypost.com/2015/10/15/mcdonalds-all-day-breakfast-has-been-a-disaster/

Sounds like a bunch of whiny bitchy owners who just want to complain.

speedog
01-27-2017, 07:57 AM
^ The regular price is 10 for $6.

BK Nuggets: Boneless chicken breast with rib meat, water, isolated oat product, potato starch, seasoning (modified corn starch, salt, maltodextrin, yeast extract, chicken stock, flavors, wheat starch, dextrose, propylene glycol and citric acid), salt, sodium phosphates. BATTERED WITH: Water, yellow corn flour, wheat flour, wheat starch, salt, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate), dextrose, spice. BREADED WITH: Wheat flour, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate), spices, salt. Breading set in vegetable oil.

McDonald's McNuggets: White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning [yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid], sodium phosphate, natural flavor (botanical source). Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, dextrose, corn starch. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.

Well this provides some clues - boneless chicken breast with rib meat, I would bet that there is a much higher proportion of rib to breast meat, the product they are using probably is chicken rib cages left over from the processing plant that still have all of the rib meat attached and some incidental pieces of breast meat. I would suspect there is not much of a market for chicken rib meat and that cast-off usually ends up in soup or pet foods and now possibly nuggets.

The white boneless chicken, now that is an interesting statement. No where have they stated it is meat, just that it is chicken and since these ingredient rules are quite tight one has to wonder exactly what white boneless chicken is. Maybe sphincter muscles with some natural flavouring (whatever that is) added in. Can one even go to the grocery store and buy this natural flavouring?

Please note that I'm not picking on either product but when it comes to ingredients in food, be it human or pet food, companies can include some interesting things just by slightly changing the wording they use in their ingredient lists. Every part of that chicken has some value, some parts less than others but if there is a way to squeeze a bit more profit from any one part of a chicken and it can be done just by changing some wording, then there's a very good chance some company will do that.

EK 2.0
01-27-2017, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by eglove

Right EK 2.0???

IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!:drool:

sputnik
01-27-2017, 09:43 AM
I want a big mac with a hashbrown as the "middle bun".

Seth1968
01-27-2017, 09:57 AM

Well this provides some clues - boneless chicken breast with rib meat, I would bet that there is a much higher proportion of rib to breast meat///SNIP

Maybe, but they sure are tasty. Besides, no one is being forced to eat them, so what are you rambling on about? :)

sabad66
01-27-2017, 10:06 AM
a&w bacon n egger on english muffin > *

speedog
01-27-2017, 10:55 AM

Maybe, but they sure are tasty. Besides, no one is being forced to eat them, so what are you rambling on about? :)

Not rambling but there some out there that will believe that food establishments would not be leading them down the garden path.]

Disoblige
01-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by spikerS

When McDonalds first came out with the McGriddle, they were giving them out for free to try if any of you recall. I ate 4 in one sitting and I don't want to see another McGriddle in my life again. I always ruin things for myself because I have no self control.

R154
01-27-2017, 04:27 PM
Just once in my life, once. I want a double qtr w/ an egg and a medium coke 50% ice. Small fry just for a couple to munch on while waiting for the abomination to be made. Everything must be freshly made. The patties, the egg and of course the fries.

Jesus. I swear I'll go meatless for a week to prepare.

Complete the experience by eating it at a mcdonalds with moms yelling at their kids. Ancient people out having coffee and middle easterners having wildly animated conversations at 11pm.

I can't wait.

cancer man
01-28-2017, 07:47 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NoSup4U
I think we need to start lobbying McD's for all day fries to go along with this. The hangover breakfast would be much more appreciated with fries :drool: :nut: [/QUOTE

I think the Hash Brown paddy is better than the fries.

ExtraSlow
01-28-2017, 09:16 AM

Happy meal plus 10 nuggets is a big win. Me personally, I don't want much coke, but I need a little.

C_Dave45
01-28-2017, 01:37 PM
While this is semi-interesting news, I've always appreciated why a place like McD's would stop serving their breakfast menu at a certain time. A Completely new menu, they have put away a bunch of the ingredients, etc, etc. It's a big hassle to continue with two completely different menus.

What has always ground MY gears, is when Subway stops serving their breakfast sandwich at 11:00.

And only at SOME stores. It's up to the independent owner.

I walked into one the other day, at 11:15 and she says "sorry, it's past 11". I said, "but the eggs are RIGHT THERE....in THAT door. You either grab me an egg, or you grab me a piece of turkey....what's the difference??". She still said "Sorry". WTF?? :banghead:

So I ordered the most disgusting tasting 12" sub, and at the end, said "Actually, I changed my mind. I'm going to head to the Subway down the road. They serve the breakfast sandwich all day long. Tell your boss, he can have this sandwich. Thanks anyways".

FraserB
01-28-2017, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
I walked into one the other day, at 11:15 and she says "sorry, it's past 11". I said, "but the eggs are RIGHT THERE....in THAT door. You either grab me an egg, or you grab me a piece of turkey....what's the difference??". She still said "Sorry". WTF?? :banghead:

So I ordered the most disgusting tasting 12" sub, and at the end, said "Actually, I changed my mind. I'm going to head to the Subway down the road. They serve the breakfast sandwich all day long. Tell your boss, he can have this sandwich. Thanks anyways".

So the employee was following the rules that the owner laid out and you deliberately went out of your way to waste their time and cost them money by ordering something you knew they couldn't sell and you knew you were not purchasing?

Aside from you feeling like you stuck it to the employee by acting like a douche, what did this accomplish?

C_Dave45
01-28-2017, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

So the employee was following the rules that the owner laid out and you deliberately went out of your way to waste their time and cost them money by ordering something you knew they couldn't sell and you knew you were not purchasing?
Yup. Go cry me a fucking river. I'm sure the employee/business will live to see another day.

Originally posted by FraserB

Aside from you feeling like you stuck it to the employee by acting like a douche, what did this accomplish? Maybe the owner will see what a fucking ridiculous policy this is. As, when I went to the Subway down the road the response to "Can I have a breakfast sandwich" was "Sure what would you like?", with a friendly smile on his face.
If a company has a shitty policy that alienates customers, maybe when customers stand up to them, they will learn.

Another Subway used to charge .50 cents when you used the debit machine. They tried that with me one time, and I refused to pay for the sandwich (Again, I was a douche, wasted the poor employees time and cost the business money) Guess what? A week later they no longer had that policy.

01RedDX
01-28-2017, 02:34 PM

Type_S1
01-28-2017, 02:59 PM

Yup. Go cry me a fucking river. I'm sure the employee/business will live to see another day.
Maybe the owner will see what a fucking ridiculous policy this is. As, when I went to the Subway down the road the response to "Can I have a breakfast sandwich" was "Sure what would you like?", with a friendly smile on his face.
If a company has a shitty policy that alienates customers, maybe when customers stand up to them, they will learn.

Another Subway used to charge .50 cents when you used the debit machine. They tried that with me one time, and I refused to pay for the sandwich (Again, I was a douche, wasted the poor employees time and cost the business money) Guess what? A week later they no longer had that policy.

Hopefully this poor employee doesn't have to see you ever again. They were literally doing their job and you acted like a huge dbag and cost the company money. What if someone costed you money by being a dbag and not paying you after you performed services installing tile? As a fellow business owner I thought you would have some level of maturity.

Xtrema
01-28-2017, 03:14 PM

That's the problem with all day breakfast. Some franchisee is already getting quite pissed off on this idea because it may replace a $9 Big Mac Meal with a $6 Breakfast combo.

C_Dave45
01-28-2017, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1

Hopefully this poor employee doesn't have to see you ever again. They were literally doing their job and you acted like a huge dbag and cost the company money. What if someone costed you money by being a dbag and not paying you after you performed services installing tile? As a fellow business owner I thought you would have some level of maturity.
Yeah lemme tell you about that. Last year a contractor asked that I pay for a broken sheet of porcelain that cost me $500 out of my pocket and three days of labour for two guys. $2,000 in extras that he looked me in the eyes, shook my hand, and said "don't worry, I'll make sure you get paid". Come invoice time he basically said "Fuck you, take me to court".
Just before Christmas another contractor approved extras to the tune of over $1,000. On top of that I spent two days of my own time delivering his materials for free. Again he said he wasn't paying a dime of extras and said if I liened the place I wouldn't see one penny of another $5,000 that he owed me.
Last month, after a contractors helper pushed and shoved my female worker and grabbed her wrists to prevent her from calling me for help, we called the cops. The contractor then kicked me off the job and stiffed me for $3,000 on $6,000 still owing
I've been fucked out of over $6,000 and countless days of labour just this past 6 months.

So dont fucking whine to me about some douchebag fast food owner that can't make a $6 sandwich 15 minutes after an arbitrary time, or who tries to scam his customers for "service charges" that are against their TOS with Interac.

Bunch of fucking SJW's that don't have one fucking iota of an idea of what goes on out there with business owners.

Type_S1
01-28-2017, 04:28 PM
^ I wonder why anyone would feel the need to rip you off with the great attitude you often display on this website. The world must owe you so much to give you the attitude that you are above other business owners and minimum wage workers. You are so far above them that it gives you the right to steal from their businesses because installing tile puts you in a higher class and gives you the right to treat sandwich makers (who are doing their job properly) poorly.

At the end of the day you really showed that underage sandwich maker how rational and intelligent business owners should act. When they grow up I'm sure they will take this lessen from you and use it to make the world a better place.

P.S. Aren't you the guy who had a go fund me campaign for himself too when it was your own fault for the accident? The me me me mentality is quite sickening.

C_Dave45
01-28-2017, 04:37 PM
The me me me mentality is quite sickening.
Are you OK? Do you want me to call someone? Help you to your safe place, snowflake?
Like I give a shit what you think of me.

Mixalot27
01-28-2017, 04:42 PM

Any chance you had your "service animal" in the store with you at the time of either of these encounters? That would truly be the ultimate. :rofl:

Type_S1
01-28-2017, 04:55 PM

Are you OK? Do you want me to call someone? Help you to your safe place, snowflake?
Like I give a shit what you think of me.

Good reply. You dont need to care what I think of you but Never expect any business from myself or any associates. Typical trades person mentality, never change tile guy :thumbsup:

Start a gofundme page to combat the strict 11am breakfast time at subway. Or next time maybe take your "service dog " n next time and the dog added to the way you conduct yourself will make the staff think your are mentally challenged and they may actually make you a breakfast wrap out of pity.

I would be ashamed/embarrassed to promote my business on this website with the stupid sh!t you post 99% of the time. It probably has resulted in lost business.

theedge111
01-28-2017, 05:05 PM

Wow, this is incredibly sad, I can't believe this would make you feel better.

FraserB
01-28-2017, 05:08 PM

So dont fucking whine to me about some douchebag fast food owner that can't make a $6 sandwich 15 minutes after an arbitrary time, or who tries to scam his customers for "service charges" that are against their TOS with Interac.

Merchants CAN add a surcharge onto the purchase price so long as they disclose and allow the customer to cancel without penalty.

And it's not like the end times for breakfast are hidden. You asked for special treatment, were denied and then decided to take money directly from the owner's pocket as some sort of petty retaliation.

C_Dave45
01-28-2017, 05:58 PM

Never expect any business from myself or any associates.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/2YjKerTjRFYFW/giphy.gif

max_boost
01-28-2017, 06:14 PM
Ya know Dave, I agree with most of your rants, see your views etc.

I don't agree with giving the employee a hard time. Yes he/she will survive but rant to 1-800Subway or the franchise owner IMO. or fill out their suggestion form which I think they have

TomcoPDR
01-28-2017, 06:14 PM
I ordered the most disgusting tasting 12" sub

What did you order?

I hate lettuce from Subway most have browning on the edges, some Subway onions are slimy/watery but I love onions, and for some reason the sandwich artist always give me the tomatoes with the most stump instead of the mid slices.

Type_S1
01-28-2017, 06:16 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/2YjKerTjRFYFW/giphy.gif

Lol...and this is why your business is not very succesful and you struggle to afford a trailer after driving like a retard and crashing it. :rolleyes:

Have fun installing tile until you are 70 (I can talk down to you just like you talk down to the Subway employees).

Back on topic - mcdonalds breakfast is amazing...my new go to is going to be a sausage mcmuffin and fries.

max_boost
01-28-2017, 06:24 PM
^^^ that mcgriddle is amazing. :love: :drool:

speedog
01-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1 Typical trades person mentality, never change tile guy.

Hey, hey. Now be careful with that very broad paintbrush.

C_Dave45
01-28-2017, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Ya know Dave, I agree with most of your rants, see your views etc.

I don't agree with giving the employee a hard time. Yes he/she will survive but rant to 1-800Subway or the franchise owner IMO. or fill out their suggestion form which I think they have
First of all, I didn't give her a hard time. I was overly polite with her (on purpose). Second, she wasn't some underage employee. Pretty sure the 45 year old Middle Eastern woman was the manager, if not owner. If she was the employee...how did it affect her? She gets paid by the hour. She doesn't give a shit what happens. She shrugged her shoulders and tossed the sandwich in the garbage.

Lol...and this is why your business is not very succesful and you struggle to afford a trailer after driving like a retard and crashing it. :rolleyes:

Have fun installing tile until you are 70 (I can talk down to you just like you talk down to the Subway employees).
Pay attention, retard. I wasn't driving. My wife was. She also wasn't driving like a retard. She was driving under the speed limit with winds gusting up to 100 kmh. The same day, two semis were blown over in the same area.
You know fuck all about me or my business. I've always thought of you as a complete asshole as well, for years...so I guess we're even.

PS: Aren't you the guy that likes to take dealership cars for test drives for no other reason than to bag the shit out of them because you perceive their business practices as slimy?

Hello Pot. :rolleyes:

:dunno:

infected
01-28-2017, 08:07 PM
I'm happy to hear some of you won't be giving your business to Dave based on his passion for a breakfast sub. That just means more opportunity for me to schedule him for my jobs.

OTown
01-29-2017, 08:44 AM
You really showed them Dave! You are a real renegade. That must have taken a lot of planning ahead. But you really showed that multi-billion dollar company who is boss!

I am eager to hear about the results of your feat. Did the subway store in question change its hours of breakfast after your defiant opposition?

Type_S1
01-29-2017, 10:45 AM

First of all, I didn't give her a hard time. I was overly polite with her (on purpose). Second, she wasn't some underage employee. Pretty sure the 45 year old Middle Eastern woman was the manager, if not owner. If she was the employee...how did it affect her? She gets paid by the hour. She doesn't give a shit what happens. She shrugged her shoulders and tossed the sandwich in the garbage.

Pay attention, retard. I wasn't driving. My wife was. She also wasn't driving like a retard. She was driving under the speed limit with winds gusting up to 100 kmh. The same day, two semis were blown over in the same area.
You know fuck all about me or my business. I've always thought of you as a complete asshole as well, for years...so I guess we're even.

PS: Aren't you the guy that likes to take dealership cars for test drives for no other reason than to bag the shit out of them because you perceive their business practices as slimy?

Hello Pot. :rolleyes:

:dunno:

I'm an asshole, but not to innocent people, only to those that deserve it. To be honest everyone on this site knows a lot about you actually as you post a lot of personal things most of which make you look like an asshole/loser.

P.S. the last car I test drove was over a year ago and I bought it :dunno: As an owner/part-owner of 3 businesses I would never intentionally steal from another business owners pocket like you seem to think is okay unless they somehow intentionally harmed me financially. You being able to do this shows you don't know the first thing about business and really are just a tile layer. If you had more of a business mind you would probably already be retired or close to it based on the quality of work people say you put out. But what do I know, don't change Dave, keep stressing out of sandwich girls not making you breakfast and stick it to the man by calling your pooch a service dog.

dj_rice
01-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Can we get back on topic please. This is ridiculous.

FixedGear
01-29-2017, 11:52 AM
While this is semi-interesting news, I've always appreciated why a place like McD's would stop serving their breakfast menu at a certain time. A Completely new menu, they have put away a bunch of the ingredients, etc, etc. It's a big hassle to continue with two completely different menus.

What has always ground MY gears, is when Subway stops serving their breakfast sandwich at 11:00.

And only at SOME stores. It's up to the independent owner.

God damn you are a fucking dbag.

speedog
01-29-2017, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Can we get back on topic please. This is ridiculous.
I'd agree but apparently it's not going to happen. Anyhow, was a McD's yesterday hoping for a breaky sandwich before heading out of town for a quick trip and missed the cutoff - quarter pounder with cheese just didn't quite meet my belly's wants.

The_Rural_Juror
01-29-2017, 03:14 PM
Why do you guys have to ruin a perfectly good thread? Why is this thread in Society/Law/Current Events/Politics? And why are mature adults calling each other retards? Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Do we need to get the principal in here? Anger management please.

CompletelyNumb
01-29-2017, 03:14 PM
This is why we need Beyond charity boxing matches. :whocares:

Also, McD's breakfast sandwiches on the small burger bun are the best. I can't stand their dry english muffin. The breakfast burritos are fkn delicious with a few packets of salsa drenching them too.

R154
01-29-2017, 03:17 PM
I really like the value and the quality of the a&w "full" breakfast. 2 eggs, toast some bacon and a hot coffee for 7 bucks?

I really like a&w breakfast sandwiches because it's always a fresh cooked egg. I ask them to put a bit of seasoning salt on the egg while cooking. Other than their fries, I think a&w> mcdonalds.

Back in the day I'd grab fries and a coke from mcdonalds and then I'd grab either a double teen, or papa with lettuce/tomato from a&w. I never tried their thick patty nor the "gourmet" variant from the clown. Any good?

Thoughts on eating in or getting drive through and eating at home?

Hey old dog, what was a&w really like back in the war times?

*just playing, believe it or not I actually appreciate your old man posts. Like a beyond dad.

speedog
01-29-2017, 04:08 PM
A&W roller skate girls - a whole new meaning to you can look at the menu, just not sample it. Someone really needs to do this again, CB's looks like an old A&W and is set up for it.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/3d/c9/4b/3dc94b3822dbb63724ad751df2842b96.jpg

rx7_turbo2
01-29-2017, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
The breakfast burritos are fkn delicious with a few packets of salsa drenching them too.
I like them as well, they smell weird, the sausage has a strange consistency, the peppers are most just skins, but with two packets of salsa each man they're tastey.

max_boost
01-29-2017, 04:50 PM

lol okay then.

R154
01-29-2017, 05:05 PM
A&W roller skate girls - a whole new meaning to you can look at the menu, just not sample it. Someone really needs to do this again, CB's looks like an old A&W and is set up for it.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/3d/c9/4b/3dc94b3822dbb63724ad751df2842b96.jpg

Christ on a cracker.

You think we could petition to bring this back?

Was there ever a drive in movie theatre in Calgary?

speedog
01-29-2017, 05:22 PM
Drive-in movie theatres, yupp, Calgary had them. I remember the Coral 4 and Sunset Drive-In.

As far as roller skater girls at a drive-in, the food prices would probably have to be increased to accommodate the extra wages but the views as I remember them in the 70's would be well worth it. A nice summer evening, you took your time to consume your burger, fries and root beer - no sense in hurrying when the views were so good.

max_boost
01-29-2017, 05:38 PM
Drive in theater was pretty cool. I remember going to them in high school. Superstore employees on roller skates was pretty cool too

R154
01-29-2017, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Drive in theater was pretty cool. I remember going to them in high school. Superstore employees on roller skates was pretty cool too

That I remember. Superstore.

I kind of wish I could have tasted the products of fast food in the early days to compare against what we have now.

Was the quality really THAT bad? Was it really that unhealthy then?

Disoblige
01-29-2017, 05:55 PM

Also, McD's breakfast sandwiches on the small burger bun are the best. I can't stand their dry english muffin.
Hmm you speak of this as if they do this already. You tried a sausage and egger on a normal McDonalds burger bun? That sounds delicious.

Ona sidenote, I actually really like Mcdonalds hotcakes, so soft and fluffy. Would be sweet to have a few hot cakes, a sausage and egger on soft bun, and fries. OMG
:drool:

OTown
01-29-2017, 06:12 PM
Are there any drive-in theaters near Calgary? Love the comfort of being in your car and surround sound from using your own speakers.

Back east there was one in the middle of nowhere that would show double features and have a massive concession stand and use an FM transmitter to broadcast the movies. Fun times.

ExtraSlow
01-29-2017, 07:47 PM
McD's breackfast burritos are a solid choice. They smell weird, but it ends up awesome somehow. Impossible to eat without the salsa though.

The A&W all-Canadian meal is good too, need my sausage AND bacon bro.

speedog
01-29-2017, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by OTown
Are there any drive-in theaters near Calgary? Love the comfort of being in your car and surround sound from using your own speakers.

Back east there was one in the middle of nowhere that would show double features and have a massive concession stand and use an FM transmitter to broadcast the movies. Fun times.

Starlight Drive-In near Enderby, B.C. is probably your nearest location.

CompletelyNumb
01-29-2017, 07:54 PM

Hmm you speak of this as if they do this already. You tried a sausage and egger on a normal McDonalds burger bun? That sounds delicious.

Ona sidenote, I actually really like Mcdonalds hotcakes, so soft and fluffy. Would be sweet to have a few hot cakes, a sausage and egger on soft bun, and fries. OMG
:drool:

You have to ask very nicely. I've even got them to add ketchup as well. :drool:

Sugarphreak
01-30-2017, 10:04 AM

Disoblige
01-30-2017, 10:10 AM

You have to ask very nicely. I've even got them to add ketchup as well. :drool:
Thanks man! :thumbsup:

C_Dave45
01-30-2017, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Jeeze, you should have just taken a giant shit right in the middle of the store then and then pissed all over the counter. You know... given she gets paid by the hour. That would have learned her real good for follow'n dem dere pol-icy rules... huh-ya.
Still beating that dead horse and all butt-hurt huh? You should start a campaign and maybe go help that poor employee. You know...put your money where your mouth is?

Snowflake.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I always miss the cut off time. (However, I take responsibility for my tardiness and don't be a douche about it to the people who work there)
Wow, you're a regular Dali Lama, aren't you?! How about I write a letter to Nenshi nominating you for citizen of the year.
Maybe one day I can be as grand as you.

Nahhhhhh.

lasimmon
01-30-2017, 10:31 AM

Still beating that dead horse and all butt-hurt huh? You should start a campaign and maybe go help that poor employee. You know...put your money where your mouth is?

Snowflake.

Wow, you're a regular Dali Lama, aren't you?! How about I write a letter to Nenshi nominating you for citizen of the year.
Maybe one day I can be as grand as you.

Nahhhhhh.

I find it comical you keep calling people snow flakes when you wanted special treatment to get your damn breakfast sandwich after 11:00.

:drama:

ExtraSlow
01-30-2017, 10:44 AM
and he enjoys pretending his animal is a service dog so he can bring it into pet-free environments.

So far, the summary I've distilled is that it's not okay for someone to consider themselves special, unless you are Dave, who is VERY special.

C_Dave45
01-30-2017, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by lasimmon

:drama:
:drama: indeed! !
Holy fuck, the amount of whining and crying and bitching from all of you over someone being a dick to a business for a few dollars is downright comical.
Jesus. What do you do...sit at your computers looking for people who kick puppies so you can bragg about what a fantastic, holier than thou person YOU are??

Fuck sakes, if I go to my grave and the worst thing I did was bring my dog inside an arena, and made some fast food employee cry and cost their business $3, I'd be welcomed at the pearly gates with open arms.

The only difference here is, I'm willing to be honest when I'm a dick, and all you guys act the like you've never even stepped on a bug.

Fuck...give it a rest! Fucking whiners.

:whocares: :whocares: :hijack:

C_Dave45
01-30-2017, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
and he enjoys pretending his animal is a service dog so he can bring it into pet-free environments.

So far, the summary I've distilled is that it's not okay for someone to consider themselves special, unless you are Dave, who is VERY special.
Feel better about yourself now, Slow?
Glad I could oblige and be your moral counterpart. :rolleyes:

ExtraSlow
01-30-2017, 11:14 AM
Nah, I still feel like shit and have low self esteem. :(

flipstah
01-30-2017, 11:17 AM
WHAT IS GOING ON!?

I just wanted McGriddles. :cry:

ExtraSlow
01-30-2017, 11:30 AM
Gross, the hotcakes are way better.

R154
01-30-2017, 12:05 PM
I don't know what it is about the mcgriddle but I just can't bring myself to like it.

+1 to the hotcakes @ mcd's. I like the a&w syrup better though.

I wish mcdonalds offered toast. I think that's what really wins me over at a&w. A better hashbrown would also go a long way. I find both variants to be far to greasy to enjoy.

Thoughts?

Mitsu3000gt
01-30-2017, 12:34 PM
I've always wondered why these places don't serve their entire menu at all hours (e.g. a burger for breakfast or breakfast at dinner time.) Is there a business or health code reason why they often don't? Different grill temperatures or cooking equipment required or something like that? I've always felt like it's just missed revenue turning people down when they miss the various cutoffs, or want a burger at 10:55, but it's entirely possible there is a good reason for it that I don't understand.

suntan
01-30-2017, 12:36 PM
At McD's one of the differences is that the oil temp is different for fries vs. hash browns.

R154
01-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Breakfast is cheaper than regular menu for one. There was a post about sales being canabilized by this.

Second, the actual preparation of those menu items would conflict with one another. Breakfast items like the eggs are supposedly not able to "hold" as long. Sunk food cost and labour cost over items that can be "held" like burgers.

The bigger issue is probably that they wouldnt have any accurate measures to predict food cycling. It kind of hurts the semi automated nature and food production systems already in place.

Mitsu3000gt
01-30-2017, 12:52 PM
Interesting, I suspected it had a reason related to the preparation or cooking that would screw up the other items. Sucks as a customer when you miss it by a couple minutes or whatever, but if they have to change temperatures on large equipment or something just for you, it's easier to understand.

Sugarphreak
01-30-2017, 01:06 PM