PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Car Wash Calgary, Thoughts?

Thaco
01-27-2017, 08:56 PM
I have seen a bunch of likes from friends and ads and stuff on facebook for this place, it looks pretty good, anybody used them? personal experiences?

cyra1ax
01-27-2017, 09:15 PM
Really good, tons of product comes through even when the place is packed. Only downside is that the road going to/from there typically isn't all that clean even in the summer. Time/price ratio seems pretty good too, but I haven't paid too much attention to it. Besides, I'm happy paying a tiny bit more for the amount of product that they provide.

Also, if you have AWD, avoid the touchless wash as they use a conveyor belt system.

Wash bays are basically operated by credit card, you can go into the office or they have a kiosk thingy that you can enter cash into I think.

spikerS
01-27-2017, 09:24 PM
I use them all the time. I buy $50 prepaid cards from them all the time and keep them in the vehicles. Buying the $50 cards gets you a bonus too, just can't recall how much. We use the wand wash mainly, and its about 7-10 a go, depending on which vehicle we bring. Never a shortage of product, and I actually like their wax that they use. Its low pressure, and has great adhesion properties.

3nergiz3d
01-28-2017, 12:32 AM
This is the only car wash I go to now. Awesome lighting and owner's don't care if you dry your car inside when it's not busy. Product is good and no complaints.

EK 2.0
01-28-2017, 10:41 AM
LOVE THIS PLACE!!...

The only negative thing I have to say....and this is in no way the fault of the Car Wash...it is kinda out of the way...but other than that...:thumbsup:

Thaco
01-28-2017, 10:46 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys, i havent tried it yet but it seems like a really good place, just..

Originally posted by EK 2.0
LOVE THIS PLACE!!...

The only negative thing I have to say....and this is in no way the fault of the Car Wash...it is kinda out of the way...but other than that...:thumbsup: have to agree with this, its pretty far for me so i'd have to make sure i have time to dry and all that so i don't waste the wash, i normally like to wash near work or home so my car can drip dry :D

Lately i find all the wand washes are garbage, i normally spend like $6-8 for my mazda 3 and it still comes out filthy, the only way i can get decent results is at co-op automatic thing, it works really well but $12 a pop and usually very busy on nice days.

I was also looking at their detailing packages, seems pretty decent, but a little confusing as to what you actually get for each package, but i am by no means knowledgeable about detailing methods/products etc.

flipstah
01-28-2017, 10:54 AM
They're awesome! I drive that far in the summer to get washes. The foam jet is very strong.

Skyline_Addict
01-28-2017, 06:53 PM
Very nice facility, though a bit pricey. But you get what you pay for and then some. Plus it's not far from my home so it's a no brainer to go to for me.

bourge73
01-28-2017, 08:41 PM
I go there all the time too good place but yeah the wand washes aren't as good as before and can get pricey. You can though go through the auto wash for $6 and add the Lava foam ( fun for the kids to watch through the sunroof ) and it's $8 total and does a great job. If you live far away bring a bunch of Recycling bottles and hit up the near by bottle depot and pay for the wash =win

K3RMiTdot
01-28-2017, 09:37 PM
Been going every week since they opened. I agree its a bit pricey compared to other washes in the city, however its heated and the bays are individual and the water pressure is great. I stopped going to other car washes unless I need a quick rinse.

georgemagana
01-29-2017, 05:35 PM
My favourite car wash in the city! The owners are super friendly too!

Also located near by a Husky gas station. Cant really ask for more haha!

Kijho
01-30-2017, 08:14 AM
I go every week. Best place in the city. I think I've probably posted this in a hundred threads already about car washes :rofl:

Thaco
03-22-2017, 08:40 AM
so i ended up there with my beater on Saturday for my first time, used the auto wash $20 wash, yeah you could say i had high expectations, my car was very dirty, but for $20, i expected magic, and those expectations were far from met....

That said i did message them on facebook and they said they did have some issues with the machines that day and it definitely should not have happened and offered me a credit to come back and try it again. I will go back, but i don't think i'll be using the automatic wash again, i'll just do the wand wash, seems a lot better.

https://s15.postimg.org/66vl45sjf/Photo_Grid_1490193240015.png

gogreen
03-22-2017, 12:37 PM
Love the wand wash. Nicely lit, deep bays, excellent pressure, the wax is great, and the owner's a nice guy. I haven't tried drying inside, but I have stopped the timer and used a wash mitt when it's not too busy.

The only issue I had last time was when I swiped my wash card the machine hung up for a long time trying to read the balance, but I figured it may have been because it was super busy at the time. I like the wash card though, I think $50 gets you a $5 bonus.

I haven't used the auto wash but I'm thinking about trying out their detail service to see how it goes.

ExtremeSi
03-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by bourge73
bring a bunch of Recycling bottles and hit up the near by bottle depot and pay for the wash =win

I may be blind but I have searched for a bottle depot around there after seeing signs for it on Country Hills Blvd and I can't find anything. Where is it?

eglove
03-23-2017, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi

I may be blind but I have searched for a bottle depot around there after seeing signs for it on Country Hills Blvd and I can't find anything. Where is it?

before top gear take the first right and go all the way down, last building on the right

beecue
03-24-2017, 08:44 PM
I do the $10 automatic wash and it does a great job.

flipstah
03-24-2017, 08:56 PM
Just got a wash there and can't be beat. I love the triple foam and the vacuum with shampoo

italianstylez
03-25-2017, 03:01 AM
I tried this place out, it's a nice building, used the tri foam which was more a liquid then a foam, and then rinse, pressure is far to weak to fully rinse out crevices, went Around the car thoroughly as I do with every other wash I use, and finished with wax, the blue traces of the "foam" kept coming out after at least 5$ On rinse, that normally is 2.50-3.25 elsewhere depending. Then it seemed to clear so I finished up and left.

Upon driving through to airdrie the blue crap had again come out and now stained all down the side of the car, being a white car quite annoying, so I again washed it in airdrie and that car wash finally cleared up all of their traces of blue stuff. With a simple 2$ rinse.

On all 3 of my cars I wash the exact same way and have never had this issue, the foam where was much to waterey and the spray is just way to weak. If I'm super close and I need a quick dust off I may use it again, otherwise I'll stick to my travels to the McKnight car wash, (closest to chestermere I know of with foam gun)

heavyD
03-27-2017, 06:57 AM
I hit this place on Saturday in the wife's Outback. The wash bays are clean and the spray nozzles aren't overly high pressure but have good spread. Less than $10 to do the car and I did a pretty thorough wash which is pretty good. Still the location sucks and unless you are in the area it's not worth going out of your way.

AA2001
03-27-2017, 10:29 AM
Went to Top Gear on Sunday and I was impressed with the facility. The foam brush had so much soap that I could clean without having to wait for soap to come out. The shampoo vacuum was great too! It is a little out of the way but I really enjoyed the whole experience.

http://i.imgur.com/SIFkK4R.jpg

BigDL
03-27-2017, 11:01 AM
My dad goes there a lot now, one thing he has noticed is that the machine says its like $8 or $9 but his credit card statement was like $5.

BlueHaloGirl
03-27-2017, 11:22 AM
My all time favorite car wash.
Love the large heated bays and they have lots of products pumping out so you get a great cleaning. The best part is being able to swipe my CC and then just go to town washing for however long I need.
No feeding change or annoying beeping.
I've also tried the auto wash, only the touch-less one and it works great ... however if your car is filthy dirty your better off using the wand wash so you can spend that extra time on the caked up areas.
I love that they are so friendly and they don't mind if you wipe down in the warm bays in the winter if it's not busy.
I also love that it's only 5mins from my house!! BONUS.

jwslam
12-17-2019, 02:41 PM
Bump in response to a question by @rage2 (https://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?u=1) re:PetroCan membership

I found that this place offers a membership as well but it doesn't look share-able since it's RFID tied to car
https://www.topgearcarwash.net/membership

Personally not a great deal for me since I'm too lazy for badminton nowadays so I'm never in the area.
Also the single car is too restrictive for me.