PDA

View Full Version : Red Light Camera Left turn

ludeAce
03-21-2004, 05:27 AM
Hey

I was turning left on the intersection of Center St. and 21st Ave and I saw two flashes go off behind me. I'm wonderin if they can fine me for running a red while turning left.

can they even see my license plate from that angle?

That.Guy.S30
03-21-2004, 12:28 PM
they can get your plate entering the red light but not when you pass the lights becuase you never passed them. maybe someone also ran the red? anyways i dont think youll get a ticket unless it has one of those "do not turn on red" signs

benyl
03-21-2004, 05:17 PM
At the car show, there was a cop explaining how they fine people. It is very subjective. The just of it though is that if you are already in the intersection when the light is red, you will not get a ticket. If you enter the intersection after it turns red you will get a ticket.

They take a sequence of photos after the light turns red and the camera detects movement.

I think that you will be ok as you probably were in the intersection already before the light was red.

ludeAce
03-21-2004, 06:51 PM
From what I understand tho, is that if I was already in the intersection before it turned red then it wouldn't have flashed in the first place.

SwitchBlade
03-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

benyl
03-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by ludeAce
From what I understand tho, is that if I was already in the intersection before it turned red then it wouldn't have flashed in the first place.

Maybe someone else went through a red light while you were turning.

ludeAce
03-21-2004, 08:43 PM
It was 4am, nobbody else but me

:banghead:

JordanLotoski
03-21-2004, 08:53 PM
i think we should have a radar location section...inform all of us where the heat is ...

SwitchBlade
03-21-2004, 09:34 PM
good call CGP has that, it is a well merited idea :thumbsup:

crazydriver
03-21-2004, 10:07 PM
hmm my dad was in the same situation and he still had to cough up cash for the ticket