PDA

View Full Version : anybody have the designo magno paint on a recent Benz?

Buster
02-05-2017, 04:26 PM
I'm looking into this, but always shied away from matte paints. But apparently the newer magno paints from MB are really durable, and easier to work with. Of course, you still can't buff them. But overall I've heard very good reports.

If anybody here has had a car for more than a year or two - what are your thoughts on it?

austic
02-06-2017, 01:29 PM
Looked into it when getting the last car, reviews were great. The only thing that stopped me is there were none available in the color and Lonestar couldn't get me one.

Have you actually managed to get one?

Buster
02-06-2017, 04:22 PM
What do you mean? You can order it, can't you?

shakalaka
02-06-2017, 06:00 PM
I have been out of the MB game for a little while, but I thought they only make a limited number of these on various "Edition 1" versions and when an AMG vehicle is newly introduced. So, unless you get an order in right when some new AMG model is announced, the only other option would be to buy used. For example, when you try to build different AMG vehicles on mercedes.ca, the designo magno paint does not appear as an option on most of them but does for the C63 AMG coupe as it was only recently announced. It's not available for sedan as that has been out for a while. :dunno:

Perhaps Rage can chime in.

Buster
02-06-2017, 06:21 PM
The GT and GTS seem to have the magno silver and white as regular part of their build options. Maybe just model specific.

Boosted_TL
02-06-2017, 06:55 PM
My bro in law just bought a GT-S in Magno Silver. Stunning in person

Buster
02-06-2017, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL
My bro in law just bought a GT-S in Magno Silver. Stunning in person

Did he do a lot of research on the paint?

Boosted_TL
02-06-2017, 08:37 PM
I know the purchase was a 6 month decision so I'm assuming the answer is yes. I'll chime back in but the reality is the car is parked for a few months still.

dj_rice
02-06-2017, 10:16 PM
We had a W212 E63 pull into the shop last year. It had the Designo Magno Cashmere White Matte paint on it. Wow I fell in love :love: :love:

heavyD
02-07-2017, 12:51 PM
How do you remove fine scratches on this paint without polishing?

Buster
02-07-2017, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
How do you remove fine scratches on this paint without polishing?

You dont

austic
02-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Buster
What do you mean? You can order it, can't you?

Depends on the car, I was told they had limited production slots as the paint was it was an edition one only color and they were all gone.

Same way you cant get the AMG GT-R in the Green as it was limited production.

rage2
02-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Most of the questions have been answered. My only contribution is that if you ever get into an accident or a door ding that fucks the paint, the whole panel needs to be resprayed, and you're going to have a hell of a time matching the paint perfectly. If you're OCD and anal about perfect match, you're going to be disappointed.