CKY
03-21-2004, 01:09 PM
the car got halved pretty good

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:09 PM
the front

1badPT
03-21-2004, 01:10 PM
horrific. i wonder what kind of speed was involved.

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:10 PM
this tree halved it (from the bark removed off the tree u can tell it proberly came in contact while in mid air)

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:11 PM
this front again

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:11 PM
theres the back

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:12 PM
another picture of the back

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:13 PM
that looks more like 1 seat to me

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:14 PM
another shot

Benny
03-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Kinda obvious that the person didn't walk away from that alive...

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:15 PM
if this picture didnt come along with the other ones i can't even make out what it is

iceburns288
03-21-2004, 01:15 PM
That's terrible. I would never have known it was an Audi if you hadn't told me. I'm with PT...what do y'all think he was doing? I've never seen anything that bad...even after watching NASCAR.

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:16 PM
the speedo clocked it at somewhere around 100kph before it hit, but its gotta be more than that to split the car

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:16 PM

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:17 PM
the engine proberly flew a few good feet

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:18 PM
notice how far the front and the back flew from the point of impact

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:19 PM
nasty nasty stuff

sleeper
03-21-2004, 01:21 PM
looks to me like the tires were a bit bald. goes to show ya always make sure your tires are good. Replace when they need it. Oh yes and dont drive like idiots

Team_Mclaren
03-21-2004, 01:21 PM
holy shit!!! thats one strongass tree!!!
:eek:

Stratus_Power
03-21-2004, 01:32 PM
no air bag from the steering wheel!?!?!?

EK 2.0
03-21-2004, 01:35 PM
Ouch...sorry to see stuff like that happen...

And its usually avoidable with a lil bit of common sense...

iceburns288
03-21-2004, 01:37 PM
I think it detects those from the front...for a frontal impact. I guess it wasn't triggered. I'm not an airbag expert, I'm jsut guessing.

/////AMG
03-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Audi A3, its on the Audi forum aswell.

CKY
03-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
no air bag from the steering wheel!?!?!?
it was a side impact, and i believe the side airbags they proberly didnt deploy in time:(

supaj87GTS
03-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Crazy.......:(

euro_racer
03-21-2004, 02:01 PM
:barf: i wonder in what kind of shape the driver was in after that

africano
03-21-2004, 02:11 PM
from the second picture i would've guessed it was a civic, man, that's a bad crash

snowboarder206
03-21-2004, 02:30 PM
wow, thats fucked up.. I wonder how theres no blood

illeagle
03-21-2004, 02:37 PM
uh oh, better get Maaco...

Texas
03-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by CKY
nasty nasty stuff Now THIS is an interesting photo. Fusion of the rear bumper with the front....if I am seeing that correctly. and yes...he was well over 100kph, infact (this may sound fucked) but he was going see fast that he didnt knock that tree down. There was little decelleration when the car hit the tree, in fact the tree looks hardly displaced at all. wow, what a neat accident....all the mechanisms..

CKY
03-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Texas
Now THIS is an interesting photo. Fusion of the rear bumper with the front....if I am seeing that correctly. and yes...he was well over 100kph, infact (this may sound fucked) but he was going see fast that he didnt knock that tree down. There was little decelleration when the car hit the tree, in fact the tree looks hardly displaced at all. wow, what a neat accident....all the mechanisms..

I dont get what u meant by the fusion part, all i see is the ripped up front end of the car. And please use spell check, i believe u meant "so" not "see", and if you have any doubts in this accident being made up look in the forth picture under the white blanket, i also believe ripping a few good inches of bark off a tree with the "side" of the car is more than fast, the speedo read 100 doesnt mean it went 100 sideways, and from the audi forum i got this off of the, original poster left out 2 pictures that he did not post because it showed the bodies

Texas
03-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
no air bag from the steering wheel!?!?!? Not all that uncommon believe it or not in side impact collisions...in som,e circumstances, the air bag DOES go off as a result of the ass end wrapping around hitting the FRONT end...strange shit mang!

ZorroAMG
03-21-2004, 03:22 PM
It's a chop. In half.

Texas
03-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by CKY

I dont get what u meant by the fusion part, all i see is the ripped up front end of the car. And please use spell check, i believe u meant "so" not "see", and if you have any doubts in this accident being made up look in the forth picture under the white blanket, i also believe ripping a few good inches of bark off a tree with the "side" of the car is more than fast, the speedo read 100 doesnt mean it went 100 sideways, and from the audi forum i got this off of the, original poster left out 2 pictures that he did not post because it showed the bodies I didnt once say I doubted anything there did I?Yeah I work along side the Medical Examiner when I am in Dallas...Bodies? Ive probably seen more disgusting human carnage than anyone or everyone put together on this site...I appreciuate you picking apart my spelling....... The speedo? are you actually crediting the readout on the speedo with any accuracy??? Go get some experience in MVA patholgy and/or mapping...then flap your gums about how much you know. ripping bark? I said the tree was hardly displaced at all....Im not getting where you felt that your intellect was challenged here? I agreed that it was a high speed collision...I made the observation that it appeared that there was contact between the front and rear portions of the car before separation....are you ok? Oh.....I get it, your one of those self proclaimed CSI watchers that can disect even the most challenging events...

CKY
03-21-2004, 03:41 PM
i am not anything u have mentioned, i've just put up what i've read and what i think it is, now we should all calm down and relax before someone goes too far and gets banned.

Texas
03-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Like there may have been some static displacement...elasticity of the wood...as for the structural integrity of the car....I forgot what we are even argueing about...have a great and wonderful day!

Texas
03-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Texas
Like there may have been some static displacement...elasticity of the wood...as for the structural integrity of the car....I forgot what we are even argueing about...have a great and wonderful day! I withdraw my comment towards you...so sorry.

Seanith
03-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Worst accident evar! :eek:

crazydriver
03-21-2004, 10:35 PM
:( ouch!.. but i wonder how the tree can still be standing after it ripped the audi in 1/2:dunno: , that tree doesn't look that big..

A2VR6
03-21-2004, 11:46 PM
All i have to say is damn the steering wheel is bent pretty bad.

Altezza
03-22-2004, 02:18 AM
:eek: :eek: :(

I hope the driver and passengers are OK...although it's doubtful given what we see.

RiceCake
03-22-2004, 03:03 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Damn, that ought to buff right out!:eek: :eek: :eek:

5.9 R/T
03-22-2004, 03:55 AM
I was a passenger in a sunfire that hit a tree head on at about 50 - 60kph. The only damage to the tree was some missing bark. The car was a total write off. The tree was about 3 inches thick. The tree above looks about 8-12 inches thick. I'm not surprised it didn't move.

yakish
03-22-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
Audi A3, its on the Audi forum aswell.
what forum are you talking about?
can u post a link?

CKY
03-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by yakish

what forum are you talking about?
can u post a link?

i can give you the link gimme a little time cuz im in school right now

SinisterProbeGt
03-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by CKY
the speedo clocked it at somewhere around 100kph before it hit, but its gotta be more than that to split the car

Looks like the car was stolen
Take a look at the Ignition there is a knife in it thats why the air bag did not deploy.

Haha to much car for you crooks

RC-Cola
03-22-2004, 12:43 PM
That's a bad accident. Thief or not there were going to be in rough shape. I'm thinking because of the lack of blood the passengers must have been tossed from the car. I'm not surprized about the tree though. Roots on fir trees like that can reach hundreds of feet and intertwine with all of the other trees making them VERY strong.

CKY
03-22-2004, 05:05 PM
the audi forum is down right now for maintenance of some sort so :dunno:

Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt

Looks like the car was stolen
Take a look at the Ignition there is a knife in it thats why the air bag did not deploy.

Haha to much car for you crooks
actually from what i've read that is the shape of the audi keys just with the plastic handle part knock off (proberly from the crash), i'll get a picture of what the key should look like once the audi forum is back up

rc2002
03-22-2004, 05:17 PM
OMFG, that is insane! :eek:

SinisterProbeGT, you've got a good eye, I didn't even notice the knife in the ignition. Serves that guy right for stealing... That's a good idea for a car alarm though - lock the thief in the car and accelerate into a stationary object at top speed. :D

rc2002
03-22-2004, 05:17 PM
OMFG, that is insane! :eek:

SinisterProbeGT, you've got a good eye, I didn't even notice the knife in the ignition. Serves that guy right for stealing... That's a good idea for a car alarm though - lock the thief in the car and accelerate into a stationary object at top speed. :D

CKY
03-22-2004, 05:21 PM
i think that thread was closed by the audiforum mods or something because i tried searching it it wouldnt work but the site is www.audiworld.com/forum/ originally found under one of the s-4 columns but now its gone the original thread was #1584624, if u search that thread number theres some details about it but thats it the pics and older posts are all gone or moved maybe somewhere else

A2VR6
03-22-2004, 10:59 PM
heres the original link to audiworld: http://forums.audiworld.com/a3/msgs/17657.phtml

and heres the one to the german A3 site.
http://www.a3-freunde.de/forum/thread.php?id=31903&tmp=251031

And as for the driver and or passenger well if you look at some of the pictures, you have to wonder whats under those white sheets... they look like body bags to me.

yakish
03-23-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6
heres the original link to audiworld: http://forums.audiworld.com/a3/msgs/17657.phtml

and heres the one to the german A3 site.
http://www.a3-freunde.de/forum/thread.php?id=31903&tmp=251031

And as for the driver and or passenger well if you look at some of the pictures, you have to wonder whats under those white sheets... they look like body bags to me.

This accident happened on the 20th February around 7:30 here in Portugal. Both occupants, male, were instantly killed, the driver 27y.o. and the passenger 21y.o.

It was the Carnival, and they were coming from one of the most famous carnivals in this country, in the town of Ovar.

The road, connecting Ovar to nearby Maceda, is not suitable for speeds above 90Kph (not to mention that this is not the legal speed limit).

All these places mentioned above are part of Aveiro's district, and can be found on a map looking in between the towns of Aveiro and Oporto (northern part of Portugal's west coast).

I've read many "experts" on the same subject on A4's forum.
I can garantee to all of you that, sometimes, reality is stranger than fiction; no blood on the car, no blasted glass spreaded all over the floor to be seen, the hand brake pulled up... Nevertheless it happened just like those pictures show it.

To all of you that still doubt it, just choose portuguese google www.google.pt and type "acidente audi a3".

The calculated speed upon impact was about 150kph, flying several meters making an-almost-180º turn while flying towards that pinetree.

fuck that is so bad, makes you think about speeding again...

XylathaneGTR
03-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Holy shit...
thats sad to see, makes me think back on those times when i've been w/ my friends topping out their cars...
holy shit.
Those white sheets are prolly covering the bodies.

hyperwhite
03-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
That's terrible. I would never have known it was an Audi if you hadn't told me. I'm with PT...what do y'all think he was doing? I've never seen anything that bad...even after watching NASCAR.

i'm no nascar expert but i'm pretty sure they don't have trees in the middle of the track. plus nascars are very safe, the drivers are in a cage of teel tubbing. but ya that a pretty nasty wreck :barf:

Mahk Uno
03-23-2004, 04:12 PM
its weird how the steering wheel is bent where it is, not only indicating the air bags didnt deploy, but the fact that if the car was 180 sideways there must have been prior contact "front end" to force his arm through the weel like its shown...either that or it was his head sometime during the ordeal....whatever the case i would rather have been ejected.

BebeAphrodite
03-23-2004, 04:30 PM
wow

Roadrage
03-23-2004, 04:42 PM
OK...maybe it's my eyes but I don't see any fluids around the scene. Shouldn't there be transmission, anti-freeze, oil, etc. around?

CalgaryB5
03-23-2004, 04:54 PM
By looking the engine and the cover, I think that is a TDI A3.

I think the tree need a band-aid cause the skin ripped off.

Chim
03-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Looks fake to me, as some people in that Audi forum have pointed out. The car might've been in an accident, but those pictures are definitely staged:

#1. The tree would've collasped from a collision of that magnitude. Or at least be bent....

#2. Look around the engine, there's no fluids.

#3. No blood on the seats, or steering wheel where the guy's head probably hit

#4. No tire tracks leading up to the accident

I still dont understand how the accident is "supposed to" happen either. It looks like he skidded out of control, nailed the tree with the side of the car, and thats what split it in half. But that doesnt explain why the front and top is all smashed up.

Audi Kid
03-23-2004, 06:08 PM
wow and audi's are built like tanks :thumbsdow

A_3
03-23-2004, 06:36 PM
wow... sniff poor audi a3. To me it looks real but i could be wrong, there are sheets in a couple pic's covering things up such as bodies or body parts and i bet the crash had been there for a few hours... time enough for firemen to get in there and get any potentially flammable fluids. The guy could been thrown clear of the car after impact which would explain the lack of guts in the car. Anyways that just my opinion... poor car and driver.

dogmaiwli
03-23-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm thinkin the bags aren't for bodies, they're for body parts :barf:

iceburns288
03-23-2004, 07:41 PM
BTW someone quoted an article which said the handbrak had not been pulled up...it has. Also, I don't think that thing in the ignition is a broken key. The cut on the end is clean, and why would you grab for the key flying through the air at __(insert high speed).

Ben
03-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Chim
Looks fake to me, as some people in that Audi forum have pointed out. The car might've been in an accident, but those pictures are definitely staged:

#1. The tree would've collasped from a collision of that magnitude. Or at least be bent....

#2. Look around the engine, there's no fluids.

#3. No blood on the seats, or steering wheel where the guy's head probably hit

#4. No tire tracks leading up to the accident

I still dont understand how the accident is "supposed to" happen either. It looks like he skidded out of control, nailed the tree with the side of the car, and thats what split it in half. But that doesnt explain why the front and top is all smashed up.

You're ignorant.

1. You people underestimate the strength of trees. They DONT MOVE. Cars are like eggs against them. Exo-skeleton designed to crumple when impacted. Its not a tank. You would also have to have a ton of time on your hands to custom fabricate the passenger side of the vehicles parts to wrap them around that tree. is the tree staged too?

2. what fluids would be there? Other than maybe rad fluid which might not be viewable from that angle. Oil may not leak if the engine is intact. The radiator (which would hold a lot of fluid is no where to be seen in any of those pics either.

3. This isn't the movies. People dont always explode into liquid when in car accidents, that and he was probably ejected from the vehicle anyways. at moment of impact (note the white cloths/bags everywhere, they often use those to cover limbs, torso etc, blood doesn't show up very obvious when in dirt and grass either.

4. Tire tracks? There ae no pictures shown that would show where the tire tracks would be anyways. No shots from up the road, etc.

Also note in one of the pictures, there is an ambulance, and in the other a cop with a tape measure. would HAVE to be a staged movie to have that all replicated. And I doubt it.

And yes, that was a Diesel Audi, both the motor and the Tachometer are evidence of that.

To properly assess the scene, you would need to be there, or a bunch more pictures. To say that it's fake based on what has been shown, is not a good assumption.

Merkur
03-23-2004, 10:34 PM
trees are STRONG..i knew a guy who wrote off his 1/2 ton dodge truck, hit a tree that is maybe 6 inches across, i'm guessing more like 5 ish

CKY
03-24-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Mahk Uno
its weird how the steering wheel is bent where it is, not only indicating the air bags didnt deploy, but the fact that if the car was 180 sideways there must have been prior contact "front end" to force his arm through the weel like its shown...either that or it was his head sometime during the ordeal....whatever the case i would rather have been ejected.

i think that it was a side impact collision ss the front airbags did not deploy and some people from the audi forum thinks that the bent wheel might of been from the driver's head :nut:

yakish
03-24-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Ben

You're ignorant.

1. You people underestimate the strength of trees. They DONT MOVE. Cars are like eggs against them. Exo-skeleton designed to crumple when impacted. Its not a tank. You would also have to have a ton of time on your hands to custom fabricate the passenger side of the vehicles parts to wrap them around that tree. is the tree staged too?
plus what I'm seeing the tree was not really hit too much, only the frame hit the tree, but the engine, that no doubt has a lot of weight flew from the hood....

2. what fluids would be there? Other than maybe rad fluid which might not be viewable from that angle. Oil may not leak if the engine is intact. The radiator (which would hold a lot of fluid is no where to be seen in any of those pics either.

exactly, plus look at the ground, this is the wood with all those needles on the ground, all fluids were able just to go though that very quikly without leaving any marks..... lus as Ben pointed out that might have been only the rad fluid...

3. This isn't the movies. People dont always explode into liquid when in car accidents, that and he was probably ejected from the vehicle anyways. at moment of impact (note the white cloths/bags everywhere, they often use those to cover limbs, torso etc, blood doesn't show up very obvious when in dirt and grass either.

4. Tire tracks? There ae no pictures shown that would show where the tire tracks would be anyways. No shots from up the road, etc.

what kind of track you want to get, I think that the car was spinning in the air before it actually hit the tree...

Also note in one of the pictures, there is an ambulance, and in the other a cop with a tape measure. would HAVE to be a staged movie to have that all replicated. And I doubt it.

And yes, that was a Diesel Audi, both the motor and the Tachometer are evidence of that.

To properly assess the scene, you would need to be there, or a bunch more pictures. To say that it's fake based on what has been shown, is not a good assumption.

Mahk Uno
03-24-2004, 10:10 AM
I doubt the steering wheel was from his head, firsdt of all if he was sideways on initial impact his head would have been through the window, plus it would take more then the inertia of the accident throwing him around to throw his head through the wheel like that...and how ironic that where the wheel is bent is exactly where any 5-6 speed driver would have his hand placed...plus if you take into account where the bodies are laying and where the two ends of the car are if he was ejected from the inital contact of the tree, most likely the driver would have been thrown just as far if not farther away then the 2 ends of the car...either this is a fake with loop holes in it or there was definatly either contact or rolling before the tree got hit...yet no skid marks up to that point.

Mahk Uno
03-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Its also kinda screwy that none of the tires are blown...a bit of rim damage and thats it....Ive been drifting in my car before and pulled tires clear off my rim...if he was sideways going as fast as he would had to have been going at least the tires would have peeled off a little bit.

RMKS13
03-24-2004, 10:48 AM
damn.. that's disturbing...

missblondie
03-24-2004, 12:51 PM
looks like pure stupidity to me... really sad to see still

Ben
03-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Mahk Uno
Its also kinda screwy that none of the tires are blown...a bit of rim damage and thats it....Ive been drifting in my car before and pulled tires clear off my rim...if he was sideways going as fast as he would had to have been going at least the tires would have peeled off a little bit.

Tires are pretty bald, and look at the settings, I'm sure that road was not high quality sticky asphault, cant see there being any way you could peel the rubber off the rim. Not enough grip at all.

Mahk Uno
03-25-2004, 10:01 AM
no man going that fast and hiting ground sideways at keast the driver side "impact side" the tires should have. it has nothing to do with the tires being bald or not.