PDA

View Full Version : Auto Match Canada?

shakalaka
02-10-2017, 01:14 PM
www.automatchcanada.net

Has anyone heard of this site, have reviews etc? I got a message from the owner on Kijji in response to my car sale add and he told me to get on the site and fill details of my vehicle as he has dealers that are interested in purchasing the vehicle that meet the specs etc.

He apparently matches the dealers to potential sellers and buyers, arranges financing etc. Anyway, figured what better place to ask about it than here. Obviously I am not going to blindly just put in my details without doing my due diligence to make sure it's something legit.

Nufy
02-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Wasn't some guy doing this from a Starbucks a few years back.

Caused quite stir here on Beyond if I recall...

jwslam
02-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Someone called me (off my kijiji ad) offering a similar service (or maybe it was Auto Match...). I think they said they wanted a $500 fee, and for my $3000 car that seems steep especially since it's kinda consignment deal where I still pay if it never sells.

Brent.ff
02-10-2017, 01:45 PM
..same address as the Hyundai dealership?

quick_scar
02-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Nufy
Wasn't some guy doing this from a Starbucks a few years back.

Caused quite stir here on Beyond if I recall...

James Stewart. Looks like he is still scamming people and fraudulently representing companies on his website to try and make it look legit.

quick_scar
02-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
www.automatchcanada.net

Has anyone heard of this site, have reviews etc? I got a message from the owner on Kijji in response to my car sale add and he told me to get on the site and fill details of my vehicle as he has dealers that are interested in purchasing the vehicle that meet the specs etc.

He apparently matches the dealers to potential sellers and buyers, arranges financing etc. Anyway, figured what better place to ask about it than here. Obviously I am not going to blindly just put in my details without doing my due diligence to make sure it's something legit.

Looks like a scam. Business location is suspect, contact info points to a "leadcoretechnology.com" domain with no website.
Looks like the guy is running multiple "businesses" out of the same place

https://www.facebook.com/pg/First-Nation-Auto-Finance-117577088731163/about/
https://www.facebook.com/pg/liftedlifetrucks/about/

Both started very recently

Call the Hyundai dealership and see if these businesses are affiliated with them. They are definitely all being run (or made to look like they are run) out of the dealership.

Brent.ff
02-10-2017, 02:00 PM
"This truck is fully loaded except roof"

hahaha yes!

shakalaka
02-10-2017, 02:09 PM
He didn't mention any fee or anything that i would need to pay and it doesn't really sound like a consignment sort of deal either. The guy emailed me said his name was Chris.

Here is his first meal;

Had someone in our dealer group looking to get financing on a similar vehicle. If I paid you enough for your vehicle, would you consider trading it in for a different vehicle?

I replied saying not really interested in trading and asked him which dealer group he belonged to....and he replied with;

I manage the Alberta division of AutoMatch. I connect the dealers to the people who have the inventory they are looking for at their store. I can match you up with the store that has that vehicle and is willing to pay you that kind of money for your car. I work with over 50 dealerships in Alberta that pay a subscription to the site and request me to find certain vehicles for them. It's up to me to figure out if the sellers would be willing to trade and if so what they are after. What you want for your vehicle is within the parameters I was to search for. If you want to be matched to the highest paying dealership, for your vehicle, the next step would be going to the website www.automatchcanada.net and click 'Trade or Sell Your Ride'. All you need to enter would be your name, number, vehicle info, and what you'd want to replace your vehicle with. If you don't have the time i can always do it on your behalf. The dealers then compete between each other (only knowing your trade and desired vehicle) to earn your business. The ONE dealer that's most willing to satisfy your needs and pay the most for your trade, will be the one given your contact information.

Mista Bob
02-10-2017, 02:28 PM
If you have to make a beyond thread asking about it, it's probably a scam.

Stuart
02-10-2017, 02:37 PM
A few other sketchy points for this business:
-Lists a 403 number but is located in 780 area. Fax is 780 though so at least the latest technology is being used.
-On the homepage both the "sell your ride" and "trade your ride" are followed by "I'm a paragraph. Click here to add
your own text and edit me." and then the "start here" button seems to lead to an uncompleted page.
-Claims "1000+ vehicles" but has no viewable listings.

Sonic
02-10-2017, 04:37 PM
"If I paid you enough"..hahahahahah:thumbsup:

Xtrema
02-10-2017, 04:44 PM
While this serves as a good PSA about scammer, if anyone approach me for my listing on internet other than for a test drive/inspection or money on hood, I won't even waste time on a response.

All car consignments services are BS.

Mitsu3000gt
02-10-2017, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
While this serves as a good PSA about scammer, if anyone approach me for my listing on internet other than for a test drive/inspection or money on hood, I won't even waste time on a response.

All car consignments services are BS.

I have this attitude as well - I won't even reply to people like that. There is no way adding a middle man is going to get you more for your car than not having one, and on top of that they are all scams in some form or another.

max_boost
02-10-2017, 05:18 PM
I have sold all my cars through Beyond. I didn't even bother with Trader or Kijiji this time around on the 911. Maybe it'll sell, maybe not. :nut: :dunno: