PDA

View Full Version : Very Cool Movie!

Wildcat
03-21-2004, 03:03 PM
probly wont come to north america, well at least for a while...

http://www.apple.co.jp/quicktime/trailers/casshern_large.html

cost something like 8 billion yen or 6 million US :eek:

CKY
03-21-2004, 03:24 PM
saw the trailer once before, looks amazing. its like the "japanese" matrix, but i had no clue they put much money into the movie:eek:

Stratus_Power
03-21-2004, 03:57 PM
6 mill is nothing compare to the movies here in North America though eh.. didnt Passion of the Christ cost 150mill

and wasnt Juliet Robert's paycheck for Mona Lisa smile 20 mill

thich
03-21-2004, 03:59 PM
6 million is a lot in Asia.
but i think what wildcat was saying was they did THAT with 6 million??

what is it about? it looks cool.

RMKS13
03-21-2004, 04:04 PM
I've seen that trailer before, a few weeks back. It looks really cool for anyone that likes the Matrix, anime, or ninja video games. To me, it looks like Shinobi meets Ghost in the Shell with a lil bit of Final Fantasy thrown in :)

I really hope it comes to Canada :)

Wildcat
03-21-2004, 04:53 PM
heres a quick synopsis:

PLOT: The world has taken a different path as we know it today. The great war has gone on for 50 years and the world is divided into two groups, the Republic of Asia and the European Union. After the long battle, the Republic of Asia came out as the victor and it has come to take over the Eurasian Continent. However, the only thing that came out of this was the demise of the human spirit, chemical weapons, germ warfare, viruses derived from nuclear bombs, the prognostic symptoms of radioactivity, and the razed land. Will mankind just sit there and look at the fall of its kind?

The film is the continuation of a 70s Japanese anime known as "Shinzo Ningen Casshern", or "Casshan - Robot Hunter"

The film is Kazuaki Kiriya's directorial debut. He's a music video director

It features an all-star Japanese cast

:thumbsup: , i hope this movie comes to canada, ive watched this trailer like 10 times already :rofl:

Seanith
03-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
6 mill is nothing compare to the movies here in North America though eh.. didnt Passion of the Christ cost 150mill

Your mistaken about the passion of the christ. the movie only cost like $25million out of mels pocket, and i think it has grossed about $125million thus far!

bunos
03-21-2004, 09:58 PM
That will be good, english subtitled at least I hope:thumbsup:

Superesc
03-21-2004, 10:02 PM
oh damn!!! I didn't even know the japanese Apple site have their own trailer site!!! Very good find!!!! :thumbsup:

Wildcat
03-22-2004, 12:12 AM
on a related topic, heres the trailer for the new final fantasy movie (with cloud and the characters from FF7 :D ) i dont believe itll hit the box office, itll just go straight to dvd;

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_finalfantasy7_ac_2.html

lam-boy
03-22-2004, 11:48 AM
oh man sweet!!!!!

CKY
03-22-2004, 11:57 AM
im 100% sure the FF7 movie will go to box office, cuz it is sony's attempt to "redeem" themselves from the horrific final fantasy: the spirits within. and i don't know about casshern, i think it'll go on box office depending on the sales in japan

thich
03-22-2004, 01:18 PM
the FF7 movie is slated for a direct to DVD release... haven't heard of it going to screens anywhere - even in Japan

Xtrema
03-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Direct to DVD would be a wiser choice for FF7. Distribution and promotion cost for a theater release for something with only cult following doesn't make sense any more.

And DVD series like Family Guys and Soprano makes quite a bit of $$$$.

Wildcat
03-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Direct to DVD would be a wiser choice for FF7. Distribution and promotion cost for a theater release for something with only cult following doesn't make sense any more.

And DVD series like Family Guys and Soprano makes quite a bit of $$$$.

thats true, id be just as happy if it only came out on dvd regardless

chukilabs
03-23-2004, 02:11 AM
looks like a crazy movie, hope to see it.

Kamen
03-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Man, I'll definately be checking those out. :thumbsup: