PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead

RMKS13
03-21-2004, 04:16 PM
I saw Dawn of the Dead on Friday, and I thought it was an incredibly good remake of the original. I'm a big fan of zombie movies, and I think that this has been the best that I've seen, beating the Night of the Living Dead remake.

I liked the movie because the peoples' actions seemed realistic if a tragedy like that ever happened. There weren't a lot of people acting like big heros, or like they knew everything. Their acting portrayed them as genuinely scared, but able to take on what they were facing. Also, there were a couple interesting gore scenes and comic relief by one of the actors who took on the role so well, you'd love to beat the piss out of him.

I would not recommend this movie for people who are offended or disturbed by gore, or people who don't like to be (or shouldn't be) startled.

I would, however recommend this movie to people who love zombie, vampire, or undead movies. The producer and director did a good job paying tribute to the original, and even threw in some of the old actors and had stores named after a couple of the actors and their roles. Some of you may even recognize a sherrif as "Sex Machine" in "From Dusk till Dawn" ;) Go in without any expectations or predispositions, and I think you'll come out pleasantly surprised :)

Jay -- n00b movie critic

kevie88
03-21-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm goin this week I think!

three.eighteen.
03-21-2004, 04:44 PM
it was just a good zombie movie :thumbsup:

topher91
03-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Excellent "Zombie" movie ^^ I thought as well. Worth the $11 I spent for the movie. DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE TO WATCH!!

3g4me
03-22-2004, 02:32 PM
I saw it. It was o.k. I thought that 28 days later was by FAR better than this movie, but it was entertaining. Do horror movies have like certain criteria that they have to go by, like. "oh theres zombies everywhere, lets split up and check out all the dark corners in the mall"? :rolleyes: :D

JAYMEZ
03-22-2004, 03:20 PM
^^^^ lol thats so true hey , they love to split up hehehe , ya i though it was a good movie ... That lil girl at the begining was trippy heheh

3g4me
03-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Ya that little girl freaked me right out.:eek: :D

izzoblitzo
03-22-2004, 03:45 PM
I havent seen this movie yet, but from what I've read, and seen on tv, this looks to be a pretty cool movie.

some things I will never understand about these kinds of movies.. I mean, its only cool when they are being chased and all, but why are all the zombies honing or surrounding the mall all of a sudden? do they have some kinda radar or something that attracts them to the living?

Take Resident Evil for instance, the zombies know exactly where to go.. in the sewers, and access ducts of all places. Most zombie movies have zombies as slow creatures dragging themselves along. but this one and 28days had them running and all that, which is even creepier, to say the least. ;)

RMKS13
03-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
I'm goin this week I think!

Originally posted by izzoblitzo
I havent seen this movie yet, but from what I've read, and seen on tv, this looks to be a pretty cool movie.

Remember to tell us what you thought of the movie!

some things I will never understand about these kinds of movies.. I mean, its only cool when they are being chased and all, but why are all the zombies honing or surrounding the mall all of a sudden? do they have some kinda radar or something that attracts them to the living?

If you see the movie, they'll actually answer this question...

Take Resident Evil for instance, the zombies know exactly where to go.. in the sewers, and access ducts of all places. Most zombie movies have zombies as slow creatures dragging themselves along. but this one and 28days had them running and all that, which is even creepier, to say the least. ;)

Do the zombies really know where to go? I'd be thinking to myself "Why the hell are zombies in the sewers and air ducts??" hahaha Maybe they have some sort of thing for hiding in small and dark places or something :dunno: I agree that having faster zombies running around is a lot freakier, since they can REALLY catch you off guard. The makers of the film thought that the slowness of the zombies in the traditional zombie movies would be too easy to get away from. If you watch the movie, there's a couple of funny and clever things that the zombies actually do :)

XylathaneGTR
03-23-2004, 01:17 PM
I never saw the original.
I saw it on friday, and i have to say...It's a good zombie movie, but the fun stops right there.
It could have been better if the plot was...more complete.

**Spoilers**

There were some plot holes i noticed...Like, the theme of the movie is "When hell is full, the dead will walk the earth." Right?
So...In the scene in the bathroom, when Mekhi's character is talking to the cop and he mentions "He's done some really bad things in his life." So, when you do really bad things in your life, you goto hell, right? So, when Mekhi's character gets shot, and he dies on that bed with his wife...He stays dead. I know he hasn't been bitten by zombies or anything, but since he went to hell, and hell is full and the dead are walking the earth, shouldn't he be back, and craving that sweet sweet human flesh?
I dunno, pretty minor, but i guess it was an alright movie.

I agree that faster moving zombies make it much scarier.

403Gemini
03-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
I never saw the original.
I saw it on friday, and i have to say...It's a good zombie movie, but the fun stops right there.
It could have been better if the plot was...more complete.

**Spoilers**

There were some plot holes i noticed...Like, the theme of the movie is "When hell is full, the dead will walk the earth." Right?
So...In the scene in the bathroom, when Mekhi's character is talking to the cop and he mentions "He's done some really bad things in his life." So, when you do really bad things in your life, you goto hell, right? So, when Mekhi's character gets shot, and he dies on that bed with his wife...He stays dead. I know he hasn't been bitten by zombies or anything, but since he went to hell, and hell is full and the dead are walking the earth, shouldn't he be back, and craving that sweet sweet human flesh?
I dunno, pretty minor, but i guess it was an alright movie.

I agree that faster moving zombies make it much scarier.

its a slogan, its not what the movies about. its a catch phrase like "read inbetween the lines" ;)

the reason is, from the original they talk about how people live their lives systematically. your bored, you goto the mall. its a MINDLESS activity, which is exactally what zombies are. mindless. just like resident evil and ALL zombie flicks, zombies have the most primitive funcitons, rage and the need to feed.

they goto the mall because its what they did in their "past life" so its just something in their brain that clicks "im going here". like if your a student, and you became a zombie youd goto your school.

Hakkola
03-23-2004, 01:36 PM
I loved the movie :thumbsup: There's one sniper part that is one of the funniest scenes I've seen in a long time.

RMKS13
03-23-2004, 01:56 PM
:werd: to 403Gemini

Well said!

XylathaneGTR
03-23-2004, 02:02 PM
403...Yeah, i guess i was looking to deep into it...

403Gemini
03-23-2004, 02:43 PM
403...Yeah, i guess i was looking to deep into it...

... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT CREATURE IN YOUR SIG!@ ive always wondered that... i dont care if its off topic! IT SCARES ME! IT KEEPS HOPPIN AROUND!!!

962 kid
03-23-2004, 06:04 PM
maddox liked it

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=dawn_rules

XylathaneGTR
03-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT CREATURE IN YOUR SIG!@ ive always wondered that... i dont care if its off topic! IT SCARES ME! IT KEEPS HOPPIN AROUND!!!

ALPACA FO' LIFE
I don't...really know what it is.
I frequent e46fanatics.com often, and a while back there was a big hootenany about the "Alpaca Club."
The gif in my sig was their logo, and...it made me laugh my ass off, so i stole it and ever since have used it in my sig.

btw, Maddox = one of the funniest movie reviews, evar.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/dawn_zomb2.jpg
:rofl:

cujo_cjc
03-23-2004, 06:23 PM
i thought it was pretty good :)

*SPOILER*

i thought when that guy got hit by the ambulence out of no where in the beginning was so funny :rofl:

sti_power
03-23-2004, 07:38 PM
one fuckin scary movie!:devil:

RMKS13
03-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by 962 kid
maddox liked it

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=dawn_rules

ALPACA FO' LIFE
btw, Maddox = one of the funniest movie reviews, evar.
:rofl:

:werd: :thumbsup: