PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Office Furniture

imranm
02-28-2017, 12:10 PM
Hey Beyonders

My office will be moving in the next couple of months and we are starting to look for new office furniture.

We have about 40 employees - 8 offices, reception, three distinct bullpen areas, 4 meeting rooms, and a boardroom.

Trying to do this on a budget and thought I would see if there are any recommendations for USED/Auction office furniture companies you might recommend?

Thanks!

R-Audi
02-28-2017, 01:09 PM
For desks, there is a lot of used furniture at various dealers.. try the big ones: McCrums, COI, RGO etc.

mr2mike
02-28-2017, 01:36 PM
Kijiji too. Small companies will post sell offs there too.
Generally, it's a you come and remove it from the office as they are not paying to deliver it.

imranm
03-01-2017, 08:25 AM
Thanks I will check those out. I thought it would be easier to find used/off lease stuff with all the office closures but none of these places have large quantities of stuff.

Proyecto2000
03-01-2017, 09:44 AM
we used stor office furniture a few years ago and their prices were cheap. Quality is good provided that you don't move the desks around as its all overseas particle board stuff.

darthVWader
03-01-2017, 09:44 AM
Most of the med to large players with empty space to sublease are including the furniture if you take the floors. And most companies looking for space DT want the furniture included. If this wasn't the case I would have close to 400 suites to sell right now.
Did you already sign a deal for a new office?

imranm
03-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by darthVWader
Most of the med to large players with empty space to sublease are including the furniture if you take the floors. And most companies looking for space DT want the furniture included. If this wasn't the case I would have close to 400 suites to sell right now.
Did you already sign a deal for a new office?

Yup lease signed, blank slate!

AndrewMZ3
03-02-2017, 06:35 AM
When we first started up, we purchased all of our office furniture from Source (https://www.source.ca). Prices were great, quality was good enough (desks would support the weight of 6 monitors plus mount) and an okay variety of styles to choose from. Since then we've moved and purchased new furniture from COI. But if budget is a concern, I'd highly recommend source.

Masked Bandit
03-02-2017, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by AndrewMZ3
When we first started up, we purchased all of our office furniture from Source (https://www.source.ca). Prices were great, quality was good enough (desks would support the weight of 6 monitors plus mount) and an okay variety of styles to choose from. Since then we've moved and purchased new furniture from COI. But if budget is a concern, I'd highly recommend source.

+1 for Source. It's not high end but it's better than Ikea and I've found them good to deal with. I don't know about volume pricing though because I was only outfitting for an office of four.

imranm
03-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Thanks looks like Source will be one of my Stop points!

darthVWader
03-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Try and breakdown what you need for furniture per office and what you want to spend per office. Desk, cabinets and chairs.
Price out new from the source, grand and toy and any of the real office furniture players like RGO, McCrums, COI and DIRTT. See what they can offer for new and see what they have for used.

Right now Calgary has a glut of used furniture in the market.

I would hit RGO and McCrums for good used. Just make sure to work in low costs for delivery and install as that is where they can nail you.

blindsight
03-02-2017, 10:24 AM

imranm
03-02-2017, 10:37 AM
I am getting quotes from RGO, Element, and AllSold - two of which do used. I will contact McCrums.

Because we are in the finance business being Downtown is a must.

For Fullly furnished, the space is 99% sublease so if you are looking short term its fine, unfortunately, we needed a long term space, a lot of which comes blank with TI.