PDA

View Full Version : RIP X-Fest

2Legit2Quit
02-28-2017, 02:18 PM
X announced they're no longer putting on X-Fest.

Understandable for the flack they've receive the past couple years. Sucks overall imo, maybe try a weekend earlier in summer to try and land some better weather.

https://www.facebook.com/x929calgary/photos/a.374659691218.154701.367157486218/10154543085211219/?type=3&theater

Feruk
02-28-2017, 02:48 PM
No loss there. I went once and discovered it was "all ages" which meant I couldn't even have a beer by the stage. If you wanted to drink, you were locked away off to the side in some stupid "beer garden". They didn't even bother with seating, so it was basically a big square box where you got beer, couldn't see the show, and had to sit on the floor while being worried about drunks falling on you. The food was all food truck garbage with huge lineups.

The music was good, but the event SUCKED.

chkolny541
02-28-2017, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Feruk
No loss there. I went once and discovered it was "all ages" which meant I couldn't even have a beer by the stage. If you wanted to drink, you were locked away off to the side in some stupid "beer garden". They didn't even bother with seating, so it was basically a big square box where you got beer, couldn't see the show, and had to sit on the floor while being worried about drunks falling on you. The food was all food truck garbage with huge lineups.

You kinda just described any large festival. Coachella is exactly the same way.

mzdspd
02-28-2017, 03:10 PM

Perfectly summed up my thoughts on the Edmonton version of X fest (sonic boom).

16hypen3sp
02-28-2017, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by mzdspd

Perfectly summed up my thoughts on the Edmonton version of X fest (sonic boom).

I've been to Sonic Boom and largely agree, but I had a pretty good time once the sun went down and the big acts came out. We left the beer gardens and got up to the stage that night.

But yeah, it could be run so much better.

Feruk
02-28-2017, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
Maybe in North America.

2Legit2Quit
02-28-2017, 04:30 PM
I believe sonic boom is also dead now too

16hypen3sp
02-28-2017, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit
I believe sonic boom is also dead now too

Yah. Their both done.

pheoxs
02-28-2017, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541

Contact Festival at BC place was good about this. 19+ wristband to buy alcohol but you can drink anywhere (All ages fest). Seems BC is more reasonable than here.

My_name_is_Rob
03-01-2017, 12:34 AM

Maybe in North America.

+1

You can't really compare North American festivals to ones in other parts of the world.

But on the X-fest topic, the only one I ever went to, was to see Linkin Park, and I wasn't disappointed. The VIP was a waste of money though. :rolleyes:

googe
03-02-2017, 03:01 AM
Is that like Edgefest for millenials? :rofl: