PDA

View Full Version : stock audio system amp bypass

03ozwhip
03-03-2017, 08:50 PM
I'm trying to get some answers on dodge forums etc but I can't get a straight answer or I can't find what I'm looking for. I have the infinity system in my 09 ram and I need a different harness to bypass the amp.

however, those harnesses from visions are $300 ya fuckin right. I know there is a way to bypass these amps but i dont know wtf I'm doing.

has anyone done this on one of these trucks or similar? I'm ready to install a full system and this is the only thing holding me back. TIA.

craigcd
03-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Can you find the harness on amazon/ebay for less?

03ozwhip
03-03-2017, 09:00 PM
I'm having a hard time locating the proper part numbers. there ares alot of misinformation about this. plus I don't know brand names to look for.

craigcd
03-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Gotcha, similar issue on Tundras. Seems like there are parts out there but unsure if they will actually work. Good luck.

zieg
03-03-2017, 09:23 PM
metra is a good resource, see if they have a part number for the harness. Visions wanted 75 for mine, $15 on Amazon.

03ozwhip
03-05-2017, 05:48 PM
well the best I could find was a part that may or may not have been the right one according to Crutchfield lol either way I wasn't waiting for it to come and not be the right one, so I ended up running all new wiring, no wiring harness used at all.

it was at lot of work and I still have a ton more to do. will update with pics when it's done.