PDA

View Full Version : Boating - Pull your drain plug

Brent.ff
03-07-2017, 01:40 PM
If you didn't know, pulling your drain plug is mandatory within Alberta when transporting boats:

http://aep.alberta.ca/recreation-public-use/boating/clean-drain-dry-your-boat.aspx

and should be noted that last year they were giving people a warning for this, and this year they will be fining for it (I spoke to the invasives person who indicated that they're not giving anyone anymore warnings). Particularly important with Whirling Disease in AB.

http://aep.alberta.ca/fish-wildlife/wildlife-diseases/whirling-disease/default.aspx

J-hop
03-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Good practice to pull it everytime anyways

cam_wmh
03-10-2017, 09:42 AM
Don't forget to screw it back in, before you launch this spring!!
:rofl: :rofl:

lasimmon
03-10-2017, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by cam_wmh
Don't forget to screw it back in, before you launch this spring!!
:rofl: :rofl:

I have about a 4 year streak of launching the boat without the plug in going right now.

Its a nice rush to get to the hoist and crank it out of the water haha :rofl:

ae92gts
03-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by lasimmon

I have about a 4 year streak of launching the boat without the plug in going right now.

With all the rain we had last year, I must have launched mine at least a half dozen times without the plug... its definitely a rush lol

cam_wmh
03-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon

ahaha, i don't feel so bad now. :rofl: :rofl:

SJW
03-10-2017, 11:20 PM
I have checks in place every time I launch. Cover off. Plug in. Kicker up. Outboard lock off. Every time.

My pops left the plug out once. I guess that's why I'm so careful. It scared me as a kid to know our boat was sinking.