PDA

View Full Version : VW Corrado

speedog
03-13-2017, 06:06 PM
Happened to drive my a VW Corrado today and yupp, I still think that it was one a the best ever looking cars to come out of Europe. Despite being over 20 years since they were produced, they still don't look all year outdated - VW IMO really hit a home run with the Corrado, one would look good in my garage (or a Fiat X1/9).

rage2
03-13-2017, 06:13 PM
It's a shame we didn't get the new Corrado. Such a beautiful car at a great price. Always checked them out when I saw them overseas.

speedog
03-13-2017, 07:40 PM
What does this new Corrado look like - I can't find any mention of it on either the VW UK or German web sites.

NoPulp
03-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Isn't the predecessor and successor the scirocco?
The mk3 was super cool, wish we got them here

The Corrado is awesome. I wouldn't say the best looking, but it's funky and cool for sure.

beyond_ban
03-13-2017, 08:32 PM

R154
03-13-2017, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Happened to drive my a VW Corrado today and yupp, I still think that it was one a the best ever looking cars to come out of Europe. Despite being over 20 years since they were produced, they still don't look all year outdated - VW IMO really hit a home run with the Corrado, one would look good in my garage (or a Fiat X1/9).

This post, in so many ways, had changed my opinion of you.

You my friend, are on the respected list. Gold hall pass.

I am happy about this development.

rage2
03-13-2017, 08:40 PM
My bad. Was thinking sirraco. Did that change your opinion of me for getting something so wrong? :rofl:

R154
03-13-2017, 08:44 PM
Nah, you got a gold hall pass after I saw you drunkenly blow through for whom the bell tolls at karaoke when I was still basically a child. I hate that it's a Hudson's now.

Back on topic, I saw a Corrado on northland drive today. I had the same burning desire to have one that I had when I was first getting into cars.

rage2
03-13-2017, 09:32 PM
Ahh Rips. So many good memories that I can't remember haha.

Back on topic, old schooler turbomiata on here used to have a yellow Corrado G60 modded with everything imaginable back in the mid 90s. It ran pretty rich and when driven hard at race city, would shoot 6ft flames on downshifts under braking. I had video footage of it, but lost it in a HDD crash. Was the greatest thing ever, scared the shit out of everyone following that car.

R154
03-13-2017, 09:35 PM
There was a red Corrado vr6 on bbs wheels that showed up at a driven a loooong time ago. Beautiful car.

swak
03-14-2017, 07:46 AM
I had a Corrado a few years back now... Still one of my favorite cars i've ever owned.
A HUGEEEEE money pit, but sexy af!

Still cream a little when i see one on the road haha. Either in the shop or dead is the going trend it feels like these days

Hallowed_point
03-14-2017, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by R154

This post, in so many ways, had changed my opinion of you.

You my friend, are on the respected list. Gold hall pass.

I am happy about this development. x2 :thumbsup:

Kloubek
03-14-2017, 08:39 AM
I have nothing really to add. Just that I also always liked the look of the Corrado. Unique and with a body that has stood the test of time. Even now I look far longer at them than I should given it's era and relative lack of "specialness".

R154
03-14-2017, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I have nothing really to add. Just that I also always liked the look of the Corrado. Unique and with a body that has stood the test of time. Even now I look far longer at them than I should given it's era and relative lack of "specialness".

You shut your whore mouth.

G60 Corrado were extremely special. I am just a fanboy about the vr6.

TurboMedic
03-16-2017, 12:53 PM
Very hard to find. Also one of my favorites of all time, being a VW guy, I was in early high school when they came out and could never afford one back then. Moved onto GTI's when I had enough $$, never owned one. I'd take one, or maybe a Mk1 GTI. I do the same as Rage, whenever I'm in europe and a Scirocco catches my eye, I'm on it in an instant. I wish we had them here, I'd buy one tomorrow!

http://newarkadvertiser.co.uk/images/motors/reviews/VolkswagenSciroccoR1109.jpg

Speaking of VW's we don't get here, I always think the Amarok is neat too...looks better in person

http://starmoz.com/images/volkswagen-amarok-14.jpg

bjstare
03-16-2017, 02:46 PM
I always wanted a G60 when I was in school. They're actually so sick. One of the earliest cars I remember that had a motorized rear wing (aside from 911).

J-hop
03-16-2017, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by R154

You shut your whore mouth.

G60 Corrado were extremely special. I am just a fanboy about the vr6.

Yea I had a g60 for a year or so. Cool cars. I have a vr6 Jetta as well and I was actually pleased with how much low end the g60 had with that supercharger. Very similar to the VR

Was planning to swap the g60 for a vr6 though. Got all the pieces together and then completely lost interest. The g60 engine really doesn't have much potential. A fully built g60 with 10k under the hood will put down 225whp (I think that is the highest I ever saw). A supercharged vr6 will do that with fully stock block and a few pounds of boost for ~$4k.

But I guess much more than 250whp on FWD kinda sucks ass. Even my essentially stock 24v Jetta will spin the tires no problem.