PDA

View Full Version : Car broken into, driver side back seat window broken

Hakkola
03-19-2017, 01:40 PM
Where can I get it replaced on a Sunday?

speedog
03-19-2017, 02:29 PM
Chances you're SOL on a Sunday.

Hakkola
03-19-2017, 02:37 PM
Yeah that's what I figured, found a 24-7 glass replacement place but they aren't actually, they said they have no tech's on today.

jwslam
03-20-2017, 07:57 AM
Kind of on topic:

I had my rear passenger door window broken on a beater. $200 something to replace

Soon after some f*cker left a giant dent in the same door. An entire door replacement from pick n' pull with intact glass: $40. I just lucked out they had the same color and trim level (manual lock & crank window)

Thaco
03-20-2017, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by jwslam
Kind of on topic:

I had my rear passenger door window broken on a beater. $200 something to replace

Soon after some f*cker left a giant dent in the same door. An entire door replacement from pick n' pull with intact glass: $40. I just lucked out they had the same color and trim level (manual lock & crank window) thats usually the easier option if you can find the part or live with it being a different colour etc... otherwise you could just replace the window, but thats a lot of work compared to the entire door. But that only works if it was a door window and he didnt say it was a rear door window, he said back seat drivers side, so if it was a sealed window in the rear quarter (mostly coupes) then that doesn't really help any

In these situations basically all you can do is use some cardboard and tape or something to seal the hole until you can get it in to a shop, and don't leave any valuables in there so nobody has a reason to go through the already broken window.