PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand this CarProof.

94CoRd
03-23-2017, 02:53 PM
Just looking to get some help from beyond. I'm not sure how to interpret the lease / registration renewal in this carproof.

https://reports.carproof.com/main?id=78Z+IU4lyIUH/jLs5seVRB3Igii52ZVf

Is this a vehicle that was just rotated through? or a bunch of new owners - Lease changed every couple of months? Is that normal for leases?

Buster
03-23-2017, 02:58 PM
That's really weird. I've never seen that.

Nufy
03-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Kinda looks like a rental that was traded amongst a bunch of branches in a short time.

If they work that way...:dunno:

jacky4566
03-23-2017, 04:22 PM
The SiriusXM thing is kinda funny :rofl: Like what possible information could you get from that?

That is a really weird carproof. Get a good inspection and go from there.

Rocket1k78
03-23-2017, 04:36 PM
Maybe a lemon they keep trying to pass around:dunno:

94CoRd
03-23-2017, 06:16 PM
:dunno: is right!

Would there not be 'Vehicle Serviced' information if it were a lease? I've never leased before, but I assume you usually take it back to the dealership to have service done. Service appears in other Carproofs - why not this one?

notoriouss
03-23-2017, 06:32 PM
It could have gone through lease transfers amongst different people. I would get a inspection done or just pass on it.

BokCh0y
03-23-2017, 07:04 PM
Looks like a lease car or a fleet car of some sort. Maybe a company car? I don't understand the random renewals though unless it went from branch to branch.

94CoRd
03-23-2017, 08:44 PM
Best explanation so far from a registry agent - if it was a company vehicle and was assigned to an employee, if the vehicle assignment changed within the company, the registration would also be changed / renewed.

thetransporter
03-23-2017, 10:39 PM
did you also try calgaryfinde vehicle history search sometimes they archive reports as far back as 2002 so you can see. i believe its still free

dannie
03-23-2017, 10:52 PM
The explanation you got, doesn't make sense. It doesn't work that way. Ie: if cenovus gives you a company vehicle to use, it stays in the name of cenovus but a registered address might apply so you receive your own tickets. A corporation *rarely* allows an individual employee to register the car. Leases would have to change, the corp wouldn't "own" the vehicle anymore etc etc.

The lease thing is normal if it's a leased vehicle. That didn't worry me. However, the multiple renewals over a year, does. Do you have a copy of the registration? Is it a private sale?

My initial thought is it's a cloned vehicle. But I'd need more info to give you a better assessment.

craigcd
03-23-2017, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by dannie
The explanation you got, doesn't make sense. It doesn't work that way. Ie: if cenovus gives you a company vehicle to use, it stays in the name of cenovus but a registered address might apply so you receive your own tickets. A corporation *rarely* allows an individual employee to register the car. Leases would have to change, the corp wouldn't "own" the vehicle anymore etc etc.

The lease thing is normal if it's a leased vehicle. That didn't worry me. However, the multiple renewals over a year, does. Do you have a copy of the registration? Is it a private sale?

My initial thought is it's a cloned vehicle. But I'd need more info to give you a better assessment.

Some companies do register at a division level rather than under the main corp. For example their could be a "Cenovus" "Cenovus Drilling" "Cenovus Exploration".Still seems super odd to have a vehicle move around that much from group to group.

Also pretty sure you would need a MVID for each corp. with mailing addresses so I cant see the ticket thing you mentioned happening.....

Just a thought, not a expert by any means haha

dannie
03-23-2017, 11:03 PM
^ I am :)

Cenovus (bad example as they don't swap), could do a branch to branch. But - that would not result in renewal. Additionally, their renewal month would stay the same and because they're commercially registered, they can't renew ultra early as the report is suggesting.

craigcd
03-24-2017, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by dannie
^ I am :)

Cenovus (bad example as they don't swap), could do a branch to branch. But - that would not result in renewal. Additionally, their renewal month would stay the same and because they're commercially registered, they can't renew ultra early as the report is suggesting.

Haha, for some reason I thought you were the Beyond "registry" guy! I was in the fleet world for years so was basing it off that but its been ages :)

94CoRd
03-26-2017, 01:27 PM
Thanks everyone. There were a few issues with the vehicle itself, but between the unexplainable carproof, the issues, and my overall gut feel from the dealership - I passed on it.