PDA

View Full Version : enclosed transport from Toronto

Buster
03-25-2017, 10:24 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations on who to use for enclosed transport from Ontario?

Open transport is not an option.

bjstare
03-25-2017, 11:17 AM
What did you buy??

Buster
03-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
What did you buy??

PPI this week, don't want to jinx it. :)

nismodrifter
03-25-2017, 12:14 PM
TFX

Buster
03-25-2017, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
TFX

Thanks, just sent them a note for a quote.

you&me
03-27-2017, 11:48 AM
Call Thorson's also. Both are top notch, but scheduling can be a pain, so it's worth checking with both in case you can catch an earlier truck.

Buster
03-27-2017, 12:06 PM
I've done a lot of transporting of cars. It's a huge pain in the ass.

Sounds like Thorsons and TFX are both good. Do these guys run their own trucks, or is it a broker thing?

I remember shipping a car from the states once, and somehow got a hold of some russian guy. Sounded a bit sketchy, so I went with a broker for a few hundred more. Turned out to be the same sketchy russian guy anyway.

you&me
03-27-2017, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Buster
I've done a lot of transporting of cars. It's a huge pain in the ass.

Sounds like Thorsons and TFX are both good. Do these guys run their own trucks, or is it a broker thing?

I remember shipping a car from the states once, and somehow got a hold of some russian guy. Sounded a bit sketchy, so I went with a broker for a few hundred more. Turned out to be the same sketchy russian guy anyway.

Thorsons and TFX both exclusively run their own trucks. You should try Blueline Distribution as well.

Auto transport has to be the most broker-intensive business out there.

bourge73
03-27-2017, 04:21 PM
Rail would be cheaper. Takes a bit longer but just as safe I would say. Hit them up for.a quote. Try Hansens or maybe J Simons

Buster
03-27-2017, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
Rail would be cheaper. Takes a bit longer but just as safe I would say. Hit them up for.a quote. Try Hansens or maybe J Simons

But then your car is sitting around rail yards, and being driven by a bunch of yahoos at various stages, right?

BavarianBeast
03-27-2017, 04:47 PM
A friend of mine had his vehicle written off when he shipped it via rail. Two of the guys who were supposed to move it from the train cart to the flat deck wrapped it around a pole.

bourge73
03-27-2017, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Buster

But then your car is sitting around rail yards, and being driven by a bunch of yahoos at various stages, right?

You do have a point there

Buster
03-27-2017, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast
A friend of mine had his vehicle written off when he shipped it via rail. Two of the guys who were supposed to move it from the train cart to the flat deck wrapped it around a pole.

I don't think the price difference is worth it.