PDA

View Full Version : What did you pay for your ST?

swak
03-31-2017, 10:42 AM
Every dealer says they're giving you the best price *blah blah blah*...
But curious what everyone actually paid for their ST?
... Could be of benefit to some/you/us in buying another or our first ST too if we can compare sales prices.

----------

I bought mine in January '17
2016 Focus ST, 401A ST3, Oxford White.
- Fully loaded, including an extra set of tires (winter), tint, extended warranty and 4yr/100k service package.
- Trade in had essentially no +/- value on the deal... maybe a $400 difference in my favor.

TOTAL: $36,88x.xx

eglove
03-31-2017, 10:51 AM
My 13 FoST was $39xxx can't remember it exactly when I bought in feb 2013
My 16 FiST was $30,060

Mitsu3000gt
03-31-2017, 11:09 AM
Any reputable dealer should be showing you the Car Cost Canada report on the vehicle before your purchase, and negotiating their profit from there. I believe Ford's holdback is 3% as well, so the dealer gets that on the back-end even if they sell it to you at "cost".

HiTempguy1
03-31-2017, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Any reputable dealer should be showing you the Car Cost Canada report on the vehicle before your purchase

Have literally NEVER seen or heard of this. Ever. :dunno:

Disoblige
03-31-2017, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Well, that makes sense. How many reputable dealerships do you know? :rofl:

Mitsu3000gt
03-31-2017, 11:41 AM

The last 4 vehicle purchases I have either made myself or been a part of have worked this way. Did you ask to see it?

It costs what, $30 for a CCC report if you can't find the cost on a forum for free? Everyone is going to do that. You're going to find out either way, so the dealer might as well be showing you to cut through some of the BS as a gesture. If the dealer says F-you, go buy it yourself, maybe you will go buy the car from another dealer. The way I see it, it's in their best interest to show you because you're going to know their cost before buying one way or another.

Originally posted by Disoblige

+1 Haha - possibly the simplest explanation.

swak
03-31-2017, 11:48 AM
Any reputable dealer should be showing you the Car Cost Canada report on the vehicle before your purchase, and negotiating their profit from there. I believe Ford's holdback is 3% as well, so the dealer gets that on the back-end even if they sell it to you at "cost".

Why the "at cost" in quotes lol.
I was at one dealer before i bought the car that i did, where the sales manager led me to his office and showed me his screen where he would be losing approx $2000 if he sold me to the price he wanted to close on with me.
I felt there was some BS going on there, doesnt make sense that they would sell a car at a loss :dunno:

HiTempguy1
03-31-2017, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

None. But to act as if Car Cost Canada isn't a benefit to dealerships (spoiler alert, it is) is an odd attitude to have about it.

By utilizing CCC, dealers can basically go "well, here are the numbers provided from an independent source, we can't go any lower than this". If you haven't noticed, dealers are CONTACTED by CCC when you order a report. CCC isn't for consumers, its for dealers :dunno:

The last 4 vehicle purchases I have either made myself or been a part of have worked this way. Did you ask to see it?

You said "should be showing you". Not "did you ask for or bring a CCC with you and negotiate off of it?"

I'm sure its available. Just never have heard or seen a dealership bring it out voluntarily. As I mentioned above, CCC is basically a way for dealerships to get out of negotiating with cheap asses.

Therefore, I use it for basic info and thats about it (mainly rebate program information).

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-31-2017, 12:59 PM
My 17' FiST was $28000 exactly out the door, however I cancelled my order after finally finding one to sit in and finding I couldn't get comfortable.

pheoxs
03-31-2017, 01:24 PM
My ford site says:

Amount Financed $23,375.06
Contract Date 08/30/2014
Current Term 48

And I put 5k down so I guess 28,375.06 back in 2014 when they were never around on lots. Drove up to Edmonton to get it.

Edit: 2014 Molten Orange with Sunroof

Nismorphed
03-31-2017, 02:11 PM
You put a deposit on a car you never sat in or tested???

Disoblige
03-31-2017, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Nismorphed
I did, and love it :D

blitz
03-31-2017, 03:38 PM
My base (No sunroof, no Nav) 2015 Fiesta ST was $25,600 all in. Plus 0% financing for 72 months, lol.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-31-2017, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Nismorphed

Not a single one within 100km of the Calgary area, new or used when I was looking. I had to special order one.

tehwegz
04-01-2017, 01:36 AM
Spirit (aka Performance) Blue Focus ST3, premium rado grey wheel package w/ painted calipers, tech, nav, sunroof, etc. November 2014 build date, bought car April 2015, so it sat unappreciated for a while at the dealer.

Paid 28,600+tax (about 30k on the dot) then 600 for interest before being paid off = 30,700 all in all. Took the car at cost and got the fudge out. Funny I went in wanting a FiST and saying I wouldn't spend more than 20-25k. They had a Molten Orange FiST but the transmission in it was blown, or I would've bought that.

They also had a new '14 Oxford White and '14 Ingot Silver at the time but those two didn't have sunroof or the wheels/calipers and were going to be sold at the same price. I wanted the blue anyway so it worked out. This was when 2015 facelift ST's were rolling out. I miss out on heated flat bottom steering wheel, back up camera, and the Sync 3 (whenever they switched to that) but I don't mind Sync 2 either.

Edit: Interested to see some used prices as well.

Buddy bought a used 2013, 60xxx kms, that came with at least $12k of mods done to it. Paid $24k all in all for it at a dealer. Stage 3, unknown brand intercooler, new rims/tires, custom magnaflow exhaust, FSwerks intake, downpipe, tint, wing risers, mud flaps, front lip, short shifter, lower springs, RMM etc. thing is awesome, need balls to buy something modded like that. I could tell from looking it over that the previous owner knew their stuff. Even had a hunch to stick my head under the back bumper to see, and not to my surprise: a very nice n thick rear sway bar. Dealer and my buddy didn't know about that one. I could tell so much about that car by driving it and comparing it to my stock car.

Mitsu3000gt
04-01-2017, 12:17 PM

You said "should be showing you". Not "did you ask for or bring a CCC with you and negotiate off of it?"

I'm sure its available. Just never have heard or seen a dealership bring it out voluntarily. As I mentioned above, CCC is basically a way for dealerships to get out of negotiating with cheap asses.

Therefore, I use it for basic info and thats about it (mainly rebate program information).

I've never asked to see one, I was just curious if you did since they never showed you. The best dealers (or more accurately, sales people) negotiate with an open book and no BS. I don't know anyone who buys a car anymore without knowing dealer cost when it's so easy/cheap to obtain. For between free and $30 you can entirely eliminate the chance of overpaying. I wouldn't buy a car form someone who wouldn't tell me that info, because I'm going to have it regardless so the only reason they would be saying "no" would be if they didn't want the sale.

Sugarphreak
04-01-2017, 06:51 PM

Shlade
04-02-2017, 07:58 AM
When I bought my 2014 Focus ST fully optioned with sunroof and NAV i got it for 35k all in.

Sold the car a couple years ago now.

GTS Jeff
04-12-2017, 01:00 PM
I just sold my 2015 with 4000km for $16,000 after having a bunch of deadbeats looking at it for 6 months.

LUDELVR
04-12-2017, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
I just sold my 2015 with 4000km for $16,000 after having a bunch of deadbeats looking at it for 6 months.

You finally got rid of it? I would have bought it!!

Sugarphreak
04-12-2017, 01:52 PM

Aleks
04-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Brutal!

I think the car doesn't have a high enough profile for what it is. That makes it difficult to sell.

Nearly everybody I talk to that isn't a gear head seems to think it is a Fiesta with a appearance trim package... scratch that, even a lot of gear heads don't even get it until you stick them in one.

Part of the issue is the shitty 0-60, which isn't reflective of what the car actually can do.

The other issue is that the demographic that is looking specifically for this car know exactly how it has been treated. With the low starting price, I wouldn't even consider a well priced used one.

Personally, I plan to continue to drive the crap out of my car and then use it as a low mileage trade in later on, haha. Only if I don't roll it first!

None of your resale excuses are valid.
Here I circled the problem:

https://www.android.com/static/2016/img/auto/logos/ford_w_1x.jpg

:burnout:

Sugarphreak
04-12-2017, 01:57 PM

Aleks
04-12-2017, 02:08 PM
Seriously though, I can't think of anything else for $16k and 4k kms that would be as fun to drive on the market today.

blitz
04-12-2017, 02:28 PM
I'd bet the wilder colors are partially to blame for resale. The green and orange FiST ones are definitely very love it or hate it.

eglove
04-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by blitz
I'd bet the wilder colors are partially to blame for resale. The green and orange FiST ones are definitely very love it or hate it.

Somedays I wish I got the grey one...

pheoxs
04-12-2017, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Its funny, I'm ready to get rid of mine in favour of a SUV (need more space) but seeing yours for sale drop that much has me thinking of just sucking it up and keeping it

GTS Jeff
04-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Haha man I was so flabbergasted. I think the main problem is that most people have no idea what a special car it is, and then even so, the usual demographic is quite young and needs financing. Also due to age, they have no idea what they're doing.

I had one guy want to take it for a private inspection...in spite of the new car warranty.

I had another kid come "test drive" it with his dad, who basically ended by saying "thanks" and I suspect they just wanted to go for a joy ride.

I don't buy the "I refuse to buy because it's been bagged on" excuse because at 4000km that's almost impossible, and such a concern would rule out every fun car out there. Subarus have insanely high resale and they are all 100% abused and have cracked ringlands.

Apparently even dealers will hang onto these cars for many months before they can sell them too.

GTS Jeff
04-12-2017, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by pheoxs

Its funny, I'm ready to get rid of mine in favour of a SUV (need more space) but seeing yours for sale drop that much has me thinking of just sucking it up and keeping it Definitely keep it and enjoy it for what it is...a tossable little car that runs circles around higher HP cars.

xnvy
04-13-2017, 02:41 AM
^I saw yours drop in price and all I could think about was how much I would have loved to buy it, but as a Uni student, I don't have that kind of money.

If only there were deals like yours when I was carless and got my Fiesta. Seeing the price of yours plummet has me worried on if I'll be able to sell mine in the next year. Fiesta SFE in Envy Green... it's exactly what I wanted but I doubt anyone else in Calgary feels the same.

Sugarphreak
04-13-2017, 10:40 PM