PDA

View Full Version : Pain/Pressure near back of the head

GQNammer
04-07-2017, 11:14 AM
I have this pain between the back of my head and behind my ear when I'm exerting ~70% energy on a lift. This number is even lower if I'm doing any sort of movement that's above my head (OHP, Incline bench).

I had this pain 2 years ago but I have no idea what caused it. I previously resolved this issue by taking Tylenol for about 2-3 weeks and the pain just went away. Now that the pain has come back, I've tried taking Tylenol again but it's not helping.

Has anyone gone through this before or know why this happens? It's affecting my lifts and subsequently my daily routine.

lint
04-07-2017, 11:26 AM
tumor

ercchry
04-07-2017, 11:39 AM
How is your spine alignment? That kind of sounds like the muscles that hold your first vertebrae, could be getting weird pressure when lifting if the alignment isn't great, I know I deal with lots of weird neck and head pain with my neck not having enough angle in it

kudang
04-07-2017, 11:59 AM
I have that problem too. It is nerve pain.tylenol will not help. What the dr found in me is there is a narrowing of c5--c6 C6-C7 that is pinching the nerve. I was given Lyrica n tramadol for pain. I've been dealing with this for a long time. The only thing that worked is massage. Now I have the pain managed.

RealJimmyJames
04-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Fifth Avenue Physio, go see Heather.

Shlade
04-19-2017, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by lint
tumor

:rofl: :rofl:

That's the first thing that came to mind as well hahaha

civic_stylez
04-20-2017, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by lint
tumor

https://media.giphy.com/media/ftmJfRCbcWlBC/giphy.gif

Mitsu3000gt
04-20-2017, 10:22 AM
Go get it checked out man, Beyond is not the place for advice regarding anything affecting your health like that. If it's affecting you daily, go immediately to get it looked at by a professional.

I hurt my back recently and I went to see an Osteopath - it's inexpensive and I was very impressed with the results. Nothing else worked. If you think it's muscle/nerve/ligament/disk related, maybe book a consult with one. Happy to provide a recommendation if you need one.