PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever over-nighted parts from Japan?

thetransporter
04-08-2017, 11:50 AM
Have you ever over-nighted parts from Japan?

EK 2.0
04-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Wait, you can actually do that??....

I though it was just movie magic.

RickDaTuner
04-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Japan has thee most efficient postal system in the world.

It costs way too much man, but I think it needs to be posted before 3pm their time, so that's midnight for us, and it would arrive the day after.

D'z Nutz
04-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Wait, you can actually do that??....

I though it was just movie magic.

We'll put it on my tab at Harry's. I gotta get you racing again so I can make some money off your ass.

dj_rice
04-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Yes. When I worked at a Nissan dealership in Parts. But it never arrived overnight LOL more like 4-6 weeks

Boat
04-08-2017, 04:13 PM
How else will you get ready for race wars? Also this question seems to come up every few years.

Maxt
04-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Overnighted a motec exhaust system. ;)

I use air freight for delicate and lighter items, if its heavy I'll use the slow boat... I air'ed the fenders and bumper for my FC, had it in 2 days, and was about 30% more than by sea. I did the air option mostly because it was fragile, I didn't want it rolling around in a sea container for 10 days.

spikerS
04-08-2017, 06:04 PM
I overnight stuff from all over the world at times. Most of the time, the fastest way to get your parts is to buy them a seat on the plane, and check the parts in as checked baggage. Fastest I have gotten something from Japan was about 18 hours.

It is a finicky process though because airlines don't like to ship baggage without the passenger being present, so you have to have some contacts to get away with it.

TurboMedic
04-09-2017, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by spikerS
I overnight stuff from all over the world at times. Most of the time, the fastest way to get your parts is to buy them a seat on the plane, and check the parts in as checked baggage. Fastest I have gotten something from Japan was about 18 hours.

It is a finicky process though because airlines don't like to ship baggage without the passenger being present, so you have to have some contacts to get away with it.

Of course they don't, a ticketed passenger is factored into the weight and balance calculations on the plane, so a person or no show here or there isn't an issue, but when you have a bunch of people doing what you are it would be a safety issue :angel: