PDA

View Full Version : Non-Registered Owner (Cars)

Hollywood
03-22-2004, 09:57 AM
In what cases does a police person give this with the ticket, thus getting rid of the demarits?

I had this one situation where there was a speed trap, and the got got me but there was no where to pull over to due to the location so I had to continue forward then turn around. By the time I got back a few minutes went by. They cop was smiling when I droveback up, asked for my info. Came back and said since I drove back to him he gave me non-registered owner speeding ticket.

Technically I am not the registered owner of my work vehicle.

So my question is what deems the non-registered owner? And if I am not the registered owner of my vehicle should all my tickets in my work vehicle be that way?

Gonthro
03-22-2004, 10:24 AM
not sure if this helps any, but i know a rgeistered owner ticket if given when/if th cop cant prove you were driving... i had some friends with bikes, and they would always outrun the cops, and then the cops coem to thier house the next day and give them a registered owner ticket... because they cant prove it was them riding, but they can prove it was thier bike/plates... but with RO's since they cant prove who was driving they cant give you demerits

rage2
03-22-2004, 10:34 AM
They only give you a NRO ticket if they don't stop you in person. If they stop you in person, then they ticket you, not the vehicle. Photo radar, red light camera tickets, are examples of NRO tickets. When I was in edmonton in Kenny's car, my wife went 160 briefly on the highway. Someone she passed complained to the edmonton police, and they sent kenny a NRO ticket, as we were never stopped.

In your case, the cop was just nice to you I guess. Either that or he already wrote up the NRO ticket when u left and so he can't ticket you again.

Gonthro
03-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by rage2
They only give you a NRO ticket if they don't stop you in person. If they stop you in person, then they ticket you, not the vehicle. Photo radar, red light camera tickets, are examples of NRO tickets. When I was in edmonton in Kenny's car, my wife went 160 briefly on the highway. Someone she passed complained to the edmonton police, and they sent kenny a NRO ticket, as we were never stopped.

In your case, the cop was just nice to you I guess. Either that or he already wrote up the NRO ticket when u left and so he can't ticket you again.

he may have given him the nro because he could not prove that he didn;'t go up a block and switch drivers and come back... so really he "couldn't" give him a real ticket