PDA

View Full Version : New Sponsor Intro

Ryan_BH
04-19-2017, 03:03 PM
Hey everyone,

My name is Ryan and I grew up in Calgary all my life. Just like many of the oil an gas professionals throughout the province I too lost my job last year.

Long story short I wanted to use my time off to start something outside of my comfort zone and the only thing that I had any interest in within my monotonous (lol) life was watches.

I started a company called Bezel House and I should have a small retail location in Calgary hopefully by the summer. There is amazing watch stores throughout Calgary but the goal is to provide local watch enthusiasts with alternative options not physically available in Calgary or Canada.

Anyways that's my story and that's my niche. Currently I am the Canadian Retailer for Lum-Tec watches and I am in discussions to add a few "not so common" Swiss and German Brands to our showcase.

Feel free to message me directly with any questions etc. If you are interested in seeing any product prior to the physical retail launch later this summer please let me know as I am very unemployed and I need to get out of the house from time to time.

Thank everyone for your time.

G-ZUS
04-19-2017, 03:05 PM
Welcome to Beyond!

rage2
04-19-2017, 03:19 PM
Welcome aboard!

shakalaka
04-19-2017, 03:52 PM
Welcome to Beyond. Always interested in watches, looking forward to what you offer. Good luck.

03ozwhip
04-19-2017, 04:11 PM
so does that mean you will be able to have Lum-Tec serviced? this is cool and I'm really rooting for you to do well and that you will have access to some niche pieces.

btimbit
04-19-2017, 04:19 PM
Cool! Hope you do well

JRSC00LUDE
04-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Would be nice to actually see/try on LumTec. Every now and thing I think one would be nice but without testing it out it's always a no go.

NoPulp
04-19-2017, 04:52 PM
Awesome!
Any chance you'll be adding any "affordable" brands in the near future?

CompletelyNumb
04-19-2017, 04:53 PM
You should do a collaboration with A790 on his WatchesYouCanAfford blog for your launch. :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing the shop open up!

Clever
04-19-2017, 04:54 PM
Welcome, I was looking to get a different strap for my M67, and I found and followed you on instagram. Do you have access to lum tec straps?

03ozwhip
04-19-2017, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by NoPulp
Awesome!
Any chance you'll be adding any "affordable" brands in the near future?
Lum-Tec is pretty affordable.

NoPulp
04-19-2017, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

Lum-Tec is pretty affordable. :bigpimp:
On his website it looks like the cheapest watch is $590. They look like nice watches, but none of the Lum-Tec watches drive me crazy personally to spend that much. I more look at <$300 watches so I can wear them all the time and not worry as much ( being in and out of the office).

Ryan_BH
04-19-2017, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
so does that mean you will be able to have Lum-Tec serviced? this is cool and I'm really rooting for you to do well and that you will have access to some niche pieces.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. To be honest I will not have the ability to service the watches here in Calgary at the present moment. I will have to rely on LUM-TEC (US) to mitigate any servicing requirements.

I do know that quality and customer service is not only LUM-TEC's main priority but also mine so with that said I will be fronting the cost of shipping on all Bezel House's product line (including LUM-TEC) within the warranty period.

In the meantime I do understand the value of in-house servicing and will be looking deeper into that service when the physical retail store is established.

Hoping that answers your questions.

Thanks

ExtraSlow
04-19-2017, 08:00 PM
Welcome Ryan. From one "laid off in the oilpatch" to now small business owner to another, best wishes in your business. May your phone always be ringing!

Ryan_BH
04-19-2017, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Clever
Welcome, I was looking to get a different strap for my M67, and I found and followed you on instagram. Do you have access to lum tec straps?

Yes, I have access to all their product line including straps. Definitely hit me up in PM if you want something specific and I'll make it happen.

FYI - I have also provided a promo code exclusive to beyond if anyone was interested in procuring any item prior to the launch of the retail store. The promo code is depicted on the banner within the sponsor section.

Ryan_BH
04-19-2017, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by NoPulp
Awesome!
Any chance you'll be adding any &quot;affordable&quot; brands in the near future?

Currently I am focussing on niche brands ranging from the $500 - $1500 CDN mark. With that said I have inquiries to several really cool brands that may fit the (under $500) bill and you may see them in my product line in the near future.

I'll keep you posted on those brands if I receive serious interest from them.

Ryan_BH
04-19-2017, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Welcome Ryan. From one &quot;laid off in the oilpatch&quot; to now small business owner to another, best wishes in your business. May your phone always be ringing!

Thank you, hoping things turn around for all of us and wishing you and everyone on beyond all the best in each and everyone's own endeavours.

NoPulp
04-19-2017, 08:09 PM
Awesome! Good luck!
Just thought I'd ask before I buy my next watch, would rather support a beyonder than a big business :)

Ryan_BH
04-19-2017, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Would be nice to actually see/try on LumTec. Every now and thing I think one would be nice but without testing it out it's always a no go.

I hear you! Working on a pop up event hopefully in May / June with The Audio Room in Calgary.

It would be an awesome opportunity to see all the products in person. I'll definitely let the Beyond Community know when the event take place and everyone would be invited.

Clever
04-19-2017, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Ryan_BH

Yes, I have access to all their product line including straps. Definitely hit me up in PM if you want something specific and I'll make it happen.

FYI - I have also provided a promo code exclusive to beyond if anyone was interested in procuring any item prior to the launch of the retail store. The promo code is depicted on the banner within the sponsor section.

Awesome! I'll dm you on Instagram. Thanks!

GTR_Auto
04-19-2017, 11:23 PM
Awesome! Saw your company on instagram a little while ago

A790
04-20-2017, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
You should do a collaboration with A790 on his WatchesYouCanAfford blog for your launch. :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing the shop open up!
:) I sold that site in early January!

However, I am starting a new watch-related site very soon.

Welcome OP! Looking forward to seeing what you stock!!

03ozwhip
05-25-2017, 03:48 PM
PM'd Ryan_BH

tonytiger55
05-25-2017, 04:10 PM
Welcome... :clap:

Ryan_BH
06-17-2017, 10:19 PM
Welcome... :clap:

Thanks so much for the welcome!

Leaving you all with a quick IPHONE shot of a beautiful product line Bezel House is also carrying. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and a Happy Father's Day for all you dads out there! :clap: Heading to the mountains tomorrow to spend it with mine!

Ryan_BH
10-03-2017, 03:28 PM
Hello everyone,

It's been a wacky summer for me from dealing with an appendix rupture, to a beautiful new baby and trying to open up a store front.

Just letting you guys know that I finally opened up a small boutique location in downtown Calgary. We are nestled within The Audio Room at 1347 12th Avenue SW, so if any beyonders are ever in the area definitely drop by to check out the Audio, the watches or just enjoy a coffee and chit chat!

Thanks so much! have a great week!