PDA

View Full Version : Furnace supply/install provider suggestions

cidley69
04-25-2017, 01:13 PM
Our furnace no worky, circa 1994, might be end of line for it.

Any suggestions for companies that won't hose me?

Is ab gov giving rebates for high efficiency furnaces?

MPowered
04-25-2017, 01:20 PM
I just ran into the same problem with my 1997 furnace. Cost is about $1400 to repair an old unit that will require more repairs down the road. I am biting the bullet and getting a new high efficiency furnace. Will cost about $4000. I am using Mark Davie from DHL Mechanical. Good, fair and honest guy. He is busy now and AC season(I hope) is around the corner.

dj_rice
04-25-2017, 01:37 PM
I've seen their commercials and a few Beyonders have said they used them and good work

Action Furnace

As well as Reliance Home Comfort great Google reviews.

Jordan Lotoski might have a furnace guy. Maybe he'll chime in. He has hookups with everyone

schocker
04-25-2017, 02:07 PM
I had my ac installed by action furnace and while not blown away, they were fine. Rebate details along with participants should be out on the 28th.

A790
04-25-2017, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by cidley69
Our furnace no worky, circa 1994, might be end of line for it.

Any suggestions for companies that won't hose me?

Is ab gov giving rebates for high efficiency furnaces?

http://www.actionfurnace.ca/furnaces/furnace-installation/

(Disclaimer: I handle their SEO).

I used AF extensively for my home/rental. They installed my AC last year and did a great job. They repaired my furnace in my primary a few months ago, also a great job.

I recommend 'em, and not just because they put food on my table <3

Tik-Tok
04-25-2017, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by MPowered
I just ran into the same problem with my 1997 furnace. Cost is about $1400 to repair an old unit that will require more repairs down the road. I am biting the bullet and getting a new high efficiency furnace. Will cost about $4000.

Might want to look even longer term though. I know quite a few people with high efficiency furnaces that are replacing motherboards every few years. A coworker always has a spare now, becuase his has failed 3 times in the past decade, always in the dead of winter of course.

Financially, might make more sense to keep the old clunker running. Like a basic 1970 Ford, vs a brand new Audi.

Plus I'm sure the goveenment will intoduce a rebate just a few months after you purchase one :rofl:

Pipty
04-25-2017, 04:41 PM
I have used distinct heating and cooling to fix an AC install of another company and they seemed to be very knowledgeable. In laws used Williams HVAC and they did a decent job installing furnace and AC at decent rate too.

muse017
04-25-2017, 06:09 PM
Contact Darcy from Boyce Heating
Very honest and upfront gentleman.

MM99lude
04-26-2017, 12:48 PM
As per above, Action Furnace all the way!

Always been very happy with price, service and the guarantee they provide.