PDA

View Full Version : Who would win @ Castrol?

GingeRRRBeef
04-25-2017, 06:51 PM
Coupe 6-6 with K&N air filter & light wheels vs 2015 STI with Rally Armor mudflaps

GingeRRRBeef
04-25-2017, 07:20 PM
Looks like the STI had a shitty launch!

http://i.imgur.com/O3vcaaB.png

Sugarphreak
04-25-2017, 07:34 PM

GingeRRRBeef
04-25-2017, 07:36 PM
More reason why HP should just show up @ Castrol

riander5
04-25-2017, 07:39 PM
He beat an older shittier version of my old car so he has to get my vote. If you can't beat em join em

Tik-Tok
04-25-2017, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by GingeRRRBeef
More reason why HP should just show up @ Castrol

Only problem is, he keeps saying he won/will win from a roll, Castrol doesn't do rolls, do they? That's what Meheeco is for.

Hallowed_point
04-25-2017, 08:18 PM
Roll racing is so lame actually. But it's easier on the driveline. Thank you for the support. I will continue to look for tubby in his dark grey metallic 2014 STi. Please direct him to this thread if possible.

Redlined_8000
04-25-2017, 08:27 PM
My vote is based on the assumption the STI driver will massively bog the launch since Calgary does not have a track therefore less experience launching. Turbo AWD cars are hard to launch.

I want the accord to win but if the Sti driver knows what hes doing the accord wont stand a chance.

My_name_is_Rob
04-25-2017, 08:30 PM
The STI is my vote. Do AWD guys not do rolling clutch dumps these days, or why is the 5-60 time so slow?

J-hop
04-25-2017, 08:51 PM
HP, I've seen the way you drive, you've got a heavy foot. You'll blow yourself to pieces.

ercchry
04-25-2017, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Only problem is, he keeps saying he won/will win from a roll, Castrol doesn't do rolls, do they? That's what Meheeco is for.

Can do whatever you want if you rent the track :burnout:

Hallowed_point
04-25-2017, 09:08 PM
You know what, fuck it. I should just race Konj. I have powertrain warranty for 2 more years. Let's do this shit. Do they do street car races at Castrol on Saturdays? No bad blood, let's burn some tires and have some fun. This is a good opportunity to learn if nothing else.

Edit. Looks like it's only on Friday nights @ 5 pm. So I'd have to book off work. :nut:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-25-2017, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
You know what, fuck it. I should just race Konj. I have powertrain warranty for 2 more years. Let's do this shit. Do they do street car races at Castrol on Saturdays? No bad blood, let's burn some tires and have some fun. This is a good opportunity to learn if nothing else.

Edit. Looks like it's only on Friday nights @ 5 pm. So I'd have to book off work. :nut:

If you book a Friday off, I'll join to come make a few passes and hang out. My car would also be a good match for a STi in a straight line.

Redlined_8000
04-25-2017, 09:20 PM
My car is still on winter tires but I might be able to come out that Friday too if this is happening lol. My winters are rated to 240kph and my summer wheels haven't arrived yet. AWD should still grip no problem.

Skyline_Addict
04-25-2017, 09:49 PM

That's the spirit! :thumbsup:

Hallowed_point
04-25-2017, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
If you book a Friday off, I'll join to come make a few passes and hang out. My car would also be a good match for a STi in a straight line. for sure man..which car are you bringing? I want to wait for zero chance of snow though. So let's do this in August :eek:

Hallowed_point
04-25-2017, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000
My car is still on winter tires but I might be able to come out that Friday too if this is happening lol. My winters are rated to 240kph and my summer wheels haven't arrived yet. AWD should still grip no problem. cool! Which Friday is it though? Lame that there's no weekend racing but what can you do.

Sugarphreak
04-25-2017, 10:13 PM

dirtsniffer
04-25-2017, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by My_name_is_Rob
The STI is my vote. Do AWD guys not do rolling clutch dumps these days, or why is the 5-60 time so slow?

A 5-60 time takes those punishing launches out of the equation and gives a more realistic time for what a spirited driver could expect with a typical launch.

Hallowed_point
04-25-2017, 10:16 PM
I also did not know that konj added rally armour mud flaps. Here I was thinking I was going up against a show room stock 2015 STi...next thing it's going to be: catless dp, turbo back exhaust, Cobb tune, kart boy shifter bushings, bigger turbo , meth injection.

Time to get in touch with the mad scientist .

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-25-2017, 10:17 PM
for sure man..which car are you bringing? I want to wait for zero chance of snow though. So let's do this in August :eek:

I'll bring the Honda, my Integra gets wiped by everything on the road these days 😂

Hallowed_point
04-25-2017, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
I'll bring the Honda, my Integra gets wiped by everything on the road these days 😂 let that K20 eat!!:clap:

RickDaTuner
04-25-2017, 10:56 PM
With the right driver the 60 ft times of the STi are only matched by full on dragsters, and that's two knocks against the other car; faster off the line and faster to get to speed.
Not sure about the newer STis, but mine was good for 13.9 on the 1/4 mile, and that was stock.

Hallowed_point
04-25-2017, 11:02 PM
My best ever run @ race city ages ago with my SRT-4 was 15.0 @ 97 mph. Damn wheel hop. Are those times corrected or no?

That's true, the STI should 60 ft in sub 2 seconds. I have to take it easy off the line and hopefully reel him in before the lights. Vtec don't fail me now..

RickDaTuner
04-25-2017, 11:11 PM
I used to see 1.6 60ft times in my ole roo, I have a time slip somewhere for a 13.9 pass, but man that would be at least 3 days work of old paper digging, lol.

I miss RaceCity

http://i63.tinypic.com/1zno1fd.jpg

Hallowed_point
04-25-2017, 11:25 PM
^nice picture! Those were the days for sure. That's a hawkeye or blobeye right? I think my buddy's 2007 ran low 13's at race city.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-26-2017, 07:43 AM
Boy I miss Race City and Friday nights. I remember when I blew up the fuel pump in the 135i after running 13.3@105mph. I was so excited.

Hallowed_point
04-26-2017, 08:03 AM
^ I hear you. Yes, it was a terrible run down track. But it was a lot of fun. How did that run blow your fuel pump? Boost a pump or turned up the boost?

g-m
04-26-2017, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
With the right driver the 60 ft times of the STi are only matched by full on dragsters, and that's two knocks against the other car; faster off the line and faster to get to speed.
Not sure about the newer STis, but mine was good for 13.9 on the 1/4 mile, and that was stock. how long does the clutch last with those launches?

Hallowed_point
04-26-2017, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by g-m
how long does the clutch last with those launches?
Can't be very long. I know that my buddy with his WRX/STi hybrid went through transmissions like candy. That's going to put a lot of heat into a clutch @ that rpm and with all that power hitting 4 wheels at once.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-26-2017, 08:48 AM
^ I hear you. Yes, it was a terrible run down track. But it was a lot of fun. How did that run blow your fuel pump? Boost a pump or turned up the boost?

The car was stock but it was a N54 fuel pump, it was crap to start with :P

Hallowed_point
04-26-2017, 08:56 AM
Am I crazy to consider a high rpm, second gear launch?? Just to avoid any possibility of wheel spin/hop. Bad for the clutch yep. But I can't lose this race :burnout:

Especially now that the vote has swung to team STi..I've got to do it for my fellow accord enthusiasts...wait.... :dunno:

SkiBum5.0
04-26-2017, 09:00 AM
Am I crazy to consider a high rpm, second gear launch?? Just to avoid any possibility of wheel spin/hop. Bad for the clutch yep. But I can't lose this race :burnout:

Especially now that the vote has swung to team STi..I've got to do it for my fellow accord enthusiasts...wait.... :dunno:

You will lose with that strategy. Gran Turismo tells me the only car that will work with is the Viper

J-hop
04-26-2017, 09:03 AM

Better to break traction than something else.

I don't think a second gear launch would be that beneficial. Maybe if you had another 200hp

Hallowed_point
04-26-2017, 09:14 AM
^ Thanks guys. Well, I'll slip the clutch and take it easy out of the hole. And play catch up.

HiTempguy1
04-26-2017, 09:41 AM
This thread is ridiculous :rofl: And reminds me of younger Beyond years gone by :burnout:

never
04-26-2017, 10:48 AM
With the right driver the 60 ft times of the STi are only matched by full on dragsters...

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration!

Hallowed_point
04-26-2017, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by never

I remember when I went to secret street, almost no one could get below 2 seconds for a 60 foot. :rofl: Why is it so much harder to launch at the track?

My_name_is_Rob
04-26-2017, 11:12 AM

I remember when I went to secret street, almost no one could get below 2 seconds for a 60 foot. :rofl: Why is it so much harder to launch at the track?

If the track has been prepped, it's super sticky. And most launches tend to bog.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-26-2017, 11:14 AM
Oh I can also finally try launch control on my car too at Castrol!

Hallowed_point
04-26-2017, 11:19 AM
I don't recall ever seeing VHT/track prep on secret street nights. Hopefully Castrol is better.

Wow I have 13 votes 25% the power of dreams pretty good guess :angel:

ercchry
04-26-2017, 11:22 AM
They would prep sometimes, but usually was cause the funny cars and whatnot would take some test n tune laps before a weekend event... memory is a bit fuzzy, but they may have done this at the end of the night and already shut down the street car racing?

RickDaTuner
04-26-2017, 11:38 AM
^nice picture! Those were the days for sure. That's a hawkeye or blobeye right? I think my buddy's 2007 ran low 13's at race city.
05 were the blob eye, silly names for these cars

Originally posted by g-m
how long does the clutch last with those launches?
My clutch lasted about 80k kms before it spit a spring out!
The technique wasn't all that bad, it was more of a controlled release than a straight dump, I broke more rear sway bar links more than anything else..

Originally posted by never

I suppose when you look at top fuel dragsters 60fters they're in the .8s
I was thinking more of a drag prepped car with slicks.

J-hop
04-26-2017, 11:53 AM
I seem to remember one year RC repaved the 60' but didn't do the best job smoothing the transition at the end so some of the high power guys were breaking traction at the end when their suspension unloaded.

never
04-26-2017, 11:53 AM

Because most people don't know what they are doing. And back at the height of the secret street days, drag radials weren't as popular and most people were running regular tires.

rage2
04-26-2017, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by SkiBum5.0
You will lose with that strategy. Gran Turismo tells me the only car that will work with is the Viper
And F1 cars...

WBRhuhU5WHM

never
04-26-2017, 11:56 AM
I don't recall ever seeing VHT/track prep on secret street nights. Hopefully Castrol is better.

Wow I have 13 votes 25% the power of dreams pretty good guess :angel:

Castrol street night prep is okay...but all of the cars with regular radials ruin it pretty quickly.

never
04-26-2017, 12:07 PM

I suppose when you look at top fuel dragsters 60fters they're in the .8s
I was thinking more of a drag prepped car with slicks.

Depends on how fast the car is...a well setup streetcar with drag radials can 60 quicker than 1.5 sec. But usually these cars are much faster than a high 13/low 14 second car. So a 1.6 60 with your ET is pretty good.

benyl
04-26-2017, 12:17 PM
I used to see 1.6 60ft times in my ole roo, I have a time slip somewhere for a 13.9 pass, but man that would be at least 3 days work of old paper digging, lol.

I miss RaceCity

http://i63.tinypic.com/1zno1fd.jpg

Found my timeslip from my first track night.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/52879/and-fuji-said-it-couldnt-be-done-/

I destroyed an accord 4-5

RickDaTuner
04-26-2017, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Nice! And a 13.6 too boot!

J-hop
04-26-2017, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Don't lie you were on the right :rofl:

Interesting, that jack Baruth article states accord owners "break into the 13s". Break into = 13.8/9. Should fire this slip off to him #heartbroken

Hallowed_point
04-26-2017, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by J-hop
Don't lie you were on the right :rofl:

Interesting, that jack Baruth article states accord owners "break into the 13s". Break into = 13.8/9. Should fire this slip off to him #heartbroken

Except that is a slip for an older , 4 cylinder Accord which is not Mr.Baruth's Accord (V6 sugarpheak approved 3 pedals.)

J-hop
04-26-2017, 12:57 PM

Except that is a slip for an older , 4 cylinder Accord which is not Mr.Baruth's Accord (V6 sugarpheak approved 3 pedals.)

I was ignoring the supposed accords time. 13.6 that Benyl ran with his stock sti isn't "breaking into" the 13s that is a car that runs 13s.

Hallowed_point
04-26-2017, 01:04 PM
I was ignoring the supposed accords time. 13.6 that Benyl ran with his stock sti isn't "breaking into" the 13s that is a car that runs 13s.

From jacks err my article:

"In a freeway "40 roll" the V6 is wickedly effective at breaking the hearts of stock Evolution and STI owners."

Funny how that statement started such a peanut gallery. Seems like what I also did to an STI owner.

J-hop
04-26-2017, 01:07 PM

From jacks err my article:

"In a freeway "40 roll" the V6 is wickedly effective at breaking the hearts of stock Evolution and STI owners."

Funny how that statement started such a peanut gallery. Seems like what I also did to an STI owner.

Don't know what breaking hearts meant in that case. Breaking their heart because they can't blow the doors off it or breaking hearts because it blows the sti away?

Hallowed_point
04-26-2017, 01:14 PM

Don't know what breaking hearts meant in that case. Breaking their heart because they can't blow the doors off it or breaking hearts because it blows the sti away? breaking STI and Evo hearts from a roll because they expect to win. Gotta wait for that turbo spool.

Aleks
04-26-2017, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by My_name_is_Rob

5-60 is on par with what those times were 15 years ago when the engine was introduced. When they introduce a new one I'm sure it will be more flexible throughout the powerband.

Hallowed_point
04-26-2017, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
5-60 is on par with what those times were 15 years ago when the engine was introduced. When they introduce a new one I'm sure it will be more flexible throughout the powerband.

I wonder why they've stuck with that engine for so long. Has it changed much? I thought new STi's were 2.0 vs 2.5's of old.

Darkane
04-26-2017, 02:08 PM

Don't know what breaking hearts meant in that case. Breaking their heart because they can't blow the doors off it or breaking hearts because it blows the sti away?

Any STi owner who can't pass an accord 6-6 on a roll even if it's a tie fender to fender is heartbroken.

Hallowed_point
04-26-2017, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Darkane
Any STi owner who can't pass an accord 6-6 on a roll even if it's a tie fender to fender is heartbroken. [/QUOTE

Sig worthy. He may have hung himself later that night in shame after disrespecting the whole STi family.