PDA

View Full Version : So how much soap is wasted by people pretending to wash their hands?

Thaco
04-27-2017, 04:44 PM
So any times i go to the washroom and people are in there, i am standing at the pisser, they zip up and go to the sink, make the automatic soap dispenser make noise, make the water make noise, you can tell for sure they're not even rubbing their hands together, and half the time they grab paper towel, again, just to make noise, but you can tell by the sound of the paper towel that its dry the whole time they're "using" it...

so i was kind of wondering, how much money would be saved if people didn't feel that it was socially unacceptable to not wash their hands? Its a huge waste of water, soap, and paper towel, just to try to bullshit people in to thinking they washed their hands..

revelations
04-27-2017, 05:40 PM
Washing for #2's is a not optional - but #1's in a urinal - the only think I touch is my underwear waist band. Not really worth washing hands over and I dont touch anything on the urinal either.

Save money that way too.

BokCh0y
04-27-2017, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Washing for #2's is a not optional - but #1's in a urinal - the only think I touch is my underwear waist band. Not really worth washing hands over and I dont touch anything on the urinal either.

Save money that way too.

Are you don't sit down and pee? Cuz when I'm at a urinal I have to whip my junk out and hold it while I'm pissing.

speedog
04-27-2017, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

Are you don't sit down and pee? Cuz when I'm at a urinal I have to whip my junk out and hold it while I'm pissing.

To be fair, he didn't say that the stream was going into the urinal, could've walked out with a wet leg or two. :D

BokCh0y
04-27-2017, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by speedog

To be fair, he didn't say that the stream was going into the urinal, could've walked out with a wet leg or two. :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

blairtruck
04-27-2017, 06:30 PM
you wash your hands then open the door as you leave, also opened by all the people who didn't wash hands. so washing was wasted.

Thaco
04-27-2017, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by blairtruck
you wash your hands then open the door as you leave, also opened by all the people who didn't wash hands. so washing was wasted. thats why there's always a pile of paper towel on the floor by the door, so you can use the paper towel to open the door

TBH i dont wash my hands when i am camping (because obviously there's usually not facilities, but i will obviously still wash before eating) or when i am at somewhere really gross like the bar or the saddledome, touching anything in either of those places is 1000x worst than grabbing my junk, at least i know where that's been.

but at a public washroom or office or whatever, i just cant help but think how much stuff is wasted because only about 10% of people actually wash their hands, like, soap, lather, rinse, dry....

revelations
04-27-2017, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

Nah, im lazy so I use my underwear waist band to "guide" the direction - if you catch my meaning. No touching = no need to wash.

Thaco
04-27-2017, 06:55 PM

Nah, im lazy so I use my underwear waist band to "guide" the direction - if you catch my meaning. No touching = no need to wash. any time i have pissed against a wall you get hella splashback, especially without some guidance, i think the splashback would negate your no touching justification

revelations
04-27-2017, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
any time i have pissed against a wall you get hella splashback, especially without some guidance, i think the splashback would negate your no touching justification

At 6 feet 4, its a long way down to the bottom of most urinals for me. No splash issues :nut:

Thaco
04-27-2017, 07:05 PM

At 6 feet 4, its a long way down to the bottom of most urinals for me. No splash issues :nut: so you're the fucker that pisses all over the top of the urinal.

J-hop
04-27-2017, 07:37 PM

Save money that way too.

People think I'm weird but I always wash my hands before #1. Reason? Every person the OP described, I don't want anything that came out of their dick on my dick

dj_rice
04-27-2017, 07:50 PM
Why would you even fake wash your hands? LOL WTF. Hence one of the reasons I don't hardly hand shake, I'll do fist bump and sanitize after hahaha.

Kloubek
04-27-2017, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Why would you even fake wash your hands? LOL

Especially to go through every motion only to not anyway. Makes no sense. People actually do this?

rage2
04-27-2017, 08:25 PM
At 6 feet 4, its a long way down to the bottom of most urinals for me. No splash issues :nut:
Short penis. Gotcha.

Thaco
04-27-2017, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Especially to go through every motion only to not anyway. Makes no sense. People actually do this? its not socially acceptable to not wash your hands... seriously, next time you're in the shitter at the office, you'll think about it, every person that comes in, if they dont lather for at least like 5 seconds and rinse for at least 5 seconds, gaurantee they didnt even attempt to wash their hands, also listen to the paper towel, you cant hear if when its saturated with water as it should be if you're drying we hands.

Seriously about 10% of people actually wash their hands.

speedog
04-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Why would you even fake wash your hands? LOL WTF. Hence one of the reasons I don't hardly hand shake, I'll do fist bump and sanitize after hahaha.

Howie?

revelations
04-27-2017, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Short penis. Gotcha.

At least 6mm ..... :nut:

revelations
04-27-2017, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
so you're the fucker that pisses all over the top of the urinal.

Fuck, only time I've done this was when I was 18-20, stupid drunk and we had step-back-from-urinal contest while peeing to see who could go for distance ......

FixedGear
04-27-2017, 09:26 PM
I *always* wash my hands in public restrooms, not because I touch my dick (which is the cleanest part of my body), but because of all the germ-ridden surfaces I touch while out in public. E.g. I feel like I've contracted aids every time I touch a shopping cart handle. :rofl:

Nismorphed
04-27-2017, 09:44 PM
That's where aids comes from, shopping cart handles. Didn't know? Now you know

Maxx Mazda
04-27-2017, 10:08 PM
I'm sitting on the Shinkansen right now between Osaka and Tokyo, and came across this thread literally right as I was wondering why so many public washrooms in Japan don't have soap or paper towels?? You're lucky if you get a hand dryer, but I'd say less than half actually have soap. I'm not a germaphobe, but for such a clean country, it sure makes me scratch my head... or at least I would scratch my head, if my hands were clean.

FixedGear
04-27-2017, 10:38 PM
Nothing like an air dryer to colonize your freshly washed hands with aerosolized fecal matter.

ianmcc
04-27-2017, 10:47 PM
I would like to think that I am a pretty good at not pissing on my own hands.
And if I have to wash my hands after touching my dick maybe I should be washing it instead of my hands.

Thaco
04-28-2017, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by ianmcc
I would like to think that I am a pretty good at not pissing on my own hands.
And if I have to wash my hands after touching my dick maybe I should be washing it instead of my hands. i think this is the main thought of the pretend washers, but they still have to pretend as to not get labelled as non-hygienic by society.

Its just funny, either do or don't, don't pretend and waste resources, you're not fooling anybody anyway.

D'z Nutz
04-28-2017, 07:14 AM
There was a guy here at work that never even bothered to pretend to go through the motions. After taking a piss at the urinals, he just went out the door. Every. Fucking. Time. (I bike to work and change in the bathrooms so I bumped into him a lot.)

However, that wasn't the gross part. That goes to the fact that he made the coffee for everyone on the floor most mornings :barf: I wanted to call him out and warn people, but I was new on the floor and had no idea who he or anyone was. By the time I got to know people, he was gone.

jwslam
04-28-2017, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Nismorphed
That's where aids comes from, shopping cart handles. Didn't know? Now you know
Yea... maybe if you rip it off the cart and sit on it like a dildo, knowing that someone else who was AIDS infected did it first.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
There was a guy here at work that never even bothered to pretend to go through the motions. After taking a piss at the urinals, he just went out the door.
What if I told you I saw our company Health & Safety Director do that. True story.

Thaco
04-28-2017, 07:45 AM
There was a guy here at work that never even bothered to pretend to go through the motions. After taking a piss at the urinals, he just went out the door. Every. Fucking. Time. (I bike to work and change in the bathrooms so I bumped into him a lot.)

However, that wasn't the gross part. That goes to the fact that he made the coffee for everyone on the floor most mornings :barf: I wanted to call him out and warn people, but I was new on the floor and had no idea who he or anyone was. By the time I got to know people, he was gone. yeah i actually called out a guy one time, but only because he was the vending machine re-stock guy, walks in, pisses, no wash, goes and handles all the packages of food and cans of pop... if it doesn't effect me, do what you want, but if you're doing food related stuff for others... you need to be hygienic.

jabjab
04-28-2017, 07:52 AM
For using the urinal and not washing isn't as bad as people on their cell phones all day and shaking your hand, probably more germs. I too don't need to touch my penis when using the urinal but often use the disinfectant right outside the bathroom door causing touching the door handle is just as gross.

Seth1968
04-28-2017, 08:20 AM
I doubt the majority of us wash our hands after taking a whiz at home. Why's that? Simply because it doesn't make any sense to do so.

EVERYTHING you touch is full of bacteria, fecal matter, germs, other life forms, etc. Heck, your whole body is covered in all of that and we're breathing it all in too.

Ya, so go wash your hands and kill dem germs!

mr2mike
04-28-2017, 08:30 AM
There was a guy here at work that never even bothered to pretend to go through the motions. After taking a piss at the urinals, he just went out the door. Every. Fucking. Time.

...he made the coffee for everyone on the floor most mornings :barf: I wanted to call him out and warn people, but I was new on the floor and had no idea who he or anyone was. By the time I got to know people, he was gone.
Probably sick leave.

FixedGear
04-28-2017, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Seth1968
I doubt the majority of us wash our hands after taking a whiz at home. Why's that? Simply because it doesn't make any sense to do so.

EVERYTHING you touch is full of bacteria, fecal matter, germs, other life forms, etc. Heck, your whole body is covered in all of that and we're breathing it all in too.

true true. I have noticed however that since I started washing my hands frequently while out in public (since the last several years), I rarely get sick. I don't think I've gotten a cold in the last 2 or 3 years, which is pretty amazing considering that recently I've been travelling via airports/trains/buses almost every week since early December.

Seth1968
04-28-2017, 09:08 AM
To clarify, I'm not saying that washing your hands under certain circumstances is futile. For example, it's a damn good idea for health care workers to wash their hands frequently. Ditto for adults who frequently pick their nose or suck their thumb...or other actions which are better left unsaid:)

My point is that in most circumstances, washing your hands to eliminate germs is pointless as we live in a bath of germs. As most things, the whole thing is overblown paranoia and propaganda.

Furthermore, germs were here a lot longer before us bi-peds, and we have such a symbiotic relationship with them that I suspect that if they all somehow died, we would to.

firebane
04-28-2017, 09:10 AM

The only time I don't wash my hands if I'm at home is when I'm elbow deep in grease or oil and don't care.

What I find so funny about this thread is that so many people are grossed out by people who don't wash and forget that you can wash your hands all you want but did you touch that paper towel dispenser? What about the taps on the sink? or the door handle?

All those fuckers shitting and not washing then grabbing door handles just makes washing our hands futile!

Hallowed_point
04-28-2017, 09:11 AM
What I don't get is why most places don't put the trash can beside the door in public washrooms. I also use paper towel to grab that germy door handle. Unless I'm having a michael jordan kind of a day, it's a little tough to free throw that towel ball into a far away trash can with the lid closed. So the end result is a pile of paper towel beside the door.

jwslam
04-28-2017, 10:18 AM
Y'all are blowing this out of proportion. What difference does it make after you get out of the washroom anyways. Are you sure that restaurant chair you're about to pull out has been 100% sanitized? What about those elevator buttons? Or the stair railings? And then there's CASH? Or what about that PIN pad you're using?

Do you live your life with one of these things? http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/safety-touch
Or how about this thing? http://odditymall.com/germaphobe-door-opener-key-chain

Originally posted by FixedGear
true true. I have noticed however that since I started washing my hands frequently while out in public (since the last several years), I rarely get sick. I don't think I've gotten a cold in the last 2 or 3 years, which is pretty amazing considering that recently I've been travelling via airports/trains/buses almost every week since early December.
This. You wash your hands for YOU! Who cares what other people do / don't?

Mitsu3000gt
04-28-2017, 10:44 AM
I find most people wash their hands by running cold water over them for less than 1 second. VERY few people use soap, just from my general observations. It's always disturbing in an office environment how many people don't wash at all, or just do the water rinse. Personally I don't see people pretend to wash very often, but I almost never see people use soap.

I also see that more and more places either move the garbage can to the door, or have a second garbage can near the door, because a lot of people don't want to touch the handle. I have seen some door handles designed to be grabbed with your forearm, which is kind of neat. Swinging doors or no doors is the best though.

What I don't get is the Dyson Airblades - what a bad design. As soon as you put your hands in, the air blasts your hands against the sides, completely negating the touchless design. They have a new one now that is kind of reversed and it works a lot better.

My gym has one of those XCELERATOR hand dryers that sound like a jet engine RIGHT above the garbage can haha - worst planning I have ever seen in a bathroom. As soon as it turns on, it empty's the entire contents of the garbage can onto the bathroom floor.

Lastly I remember once I was in the Calgary airport and some guy whipped out his dick and washed it in the sink after peeing haha. Super weird. I guess he wanted to be extra clean.

At the end of the day people's washing habits will never change, and I haven't been sick from it yet (that I know of) so I just continue my normal routine of washing my hands thoroughly multiple times a day.

Swank
04-28-2017, 11:09 AM
I like the feeling of clean hands, washing them about as often as I use the toilet seems like the right amount to me, so it's not so much about washing all the pee/poo off my hands, it's just about being clean in general. And I always wash before eating!

Seth1968
04-28-2017, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I My gym /snip/

Speaking of gyms and germs, well, this is really gross, but what about sharing sweating crotch juice from the seats?

Swank
04-28-2017, 01:32 PM
People don't give their immune systems enough credit.

revelations
04-28-2017, 01:40 PM

Speaking of gyms and germs, well, this is really gross, but what about sharing sweating crotch juice from the seats?

What if it was some hot chick that was just there ?

Also, I've used (others') goalie gear and HELMET before. I did not die from AIDs.

Seth1968
04-28-2017, 01:45 PM

What if it was some hot chick that was just there ?

Uh...as soon as she got off, I'd run over and take a big wiff of the seat :dunno:

max_boost
04-28-2017, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Swank
People don't give their immune systems enough credit. lol ya.

well just imo, take care of yourself.

In Japan I found a lot of restrooms didn't have soap it really surprised me.

revelations
04-28-2017, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
lol ya.

well just imo, take care of yourself.

In Japan I found a lot of restrooms didn't have soap it really surprised me.

But the toilets there generally do all the work I thought ? (washing rear end, etc.)

Hallowed_point
04-28-2017, 01:58 PM
I agree on germ nuts who spray their kid down with lysol.

But sorry, shit particles are gonna make you sick regardless of your immune system. Have some decency.

Kloubek
04-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by jwslam
What if I told you I saw our company Health & Safety Director do that. True story.

What if I told you that the cook at the cafeteria at my old job did a nasty #2, then just wanted out the door when he was done?

:barf:

Swank
04-28-2017, 03:01 PM
Even after a shower, when you go face first in your SO's crotch you're gonna end up with nasties in your mouth. Just cuz you know them it doesn't change the waste residue into magic pixie dust. I would never date a front wiper.

Mitsu3000gt
05-03-2017, 01:45 PM

Everyone wipes off their machines for the most part :dunno: If someone doesn't and left a big pile of sweat I'll wipe it off myself first if I can't use a different machine/bench.

JfuckinC
05-03-2017, 02:23 PM
Strange to me is the guys who lean into a urinal as deep as they can get and like touch it lol :barf:

heavyD
05-03-2017, 02:38 PM
I get sick maybe once every three years (went nearly 6 years without taking a sick day at one place I worked) while the rest of our office gets the typical annual flu and other illnesses. Maybe I have an incredible immune system or maybe it's because I'm extremely clean. I always give my hands a good scrub after #1 or #2 and use paper towel on the sink faucet handles and door handle of the washroom on the way out. If anything I'm starting to hate new washrooms that have hand dryers only as it means I have to be very creative in how/where I grab the door handle. A large portion of the male population in my experience doesn't wash their hands after urinating and some even after shitting. I laugh at guys in my gym that think a sprinkle of water on their hands serves as a proper washing which makes it that much worse knowing I am touching those weights but I always ensure when working out never to put my hands near my face. I simply want no part of being in contact with any man's urine or feces even if my immune system is up to the task.

You would be surprised when using a urinal that there is a lot of micro-splatter and if you don't flush with the lid down the toilet is essentially a fecal spray for the room. Regardless of appearance bathrooms are barely one step cleaner than the sewer pipe your toilet is connected to. Fortunately we are blessed with pretty good immune systems but there's no such thing as being too clean.

HomespunLobster
05-03-2017, 10:41 PM
I wash my hands before giving that white porcelain a golden shower, but mainly because I work with my hands all day and I don't want that on my trouser snake. I doubt the mud/oil covered equipment I'm touching really cares. I'd hate to think of the bacteria/germs on the inside of my gloves.

Sugarphreak
05-03-2017, 11:10 PM

ExtraSlow
05-04-2017, 06:33 AM
How much ketchup is wasted by people to take too many packets?

jwslam
05-04-2017, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
How much ketchup is wasted by people to take too many packets?
And then using 3 drops out of each packet

Thaco
05-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I've never really seen people do a fake wash... I do see a lot of people do the rinse and go though.

That's kind of what i'd consider a fake wash too, whats the point of wetting your hands? its not doing anything....

Basically anything that doesn't include soap and some degree of lathering, is a fake wash.

Epididymitis
06-02-2017, 07:48 PM
LOL @ washing hands with soap. Have you simple bastards not figured out that is what the urinal cake is for?

speedog
06-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Epididymitis
LOL @ washing hands with soap. Have you simple bastards not figured out that is what the urinal cake is for? The urinal cake is for eating or at least that what the homeless people were doing at a job site I was at in Brudgeland about a year ago - they apparently believed that there was alcohol in those things. Gross.

rage2
06-02-2017, 11:35 PM
The urinal cake is for eating or at least that what the homeless people were doing at a job site I was at in Brudgeland about a year ago - they apparently believed that there was alcohol in those things. Gross.
There's gotta be residual alcohol in the morning piss at a job site. :rofl:

Mitsu3000gt
06-03-2017, 12:34 AM
The urinal cake is for eating or at least that what the homeless people were doing at a job site I was at in Brudgeland about a year ago - they apparently believed that there was alcohol in those things. Gross.

At the hospital, homeless people regularly fake issues and get admitted so they can drink all the hand sanitizer that is in bags in dispensers all over the place and in the washrooms.

speedog
06-03-2017, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

At the hospital, homeless people regularly fake issues and get admitted so they can drink all the hand sanitizer that is in bags in dispensers all over the place and in the washrooms.

Somehow these homeless people got it in their heads that the pucks were sanitary as well and had alcohol in them - didn't matter if it as the big pink ones or the little white ones. Still gross.

Epididymitis
06-03-2017, 02:19 PM

Im not allowed to eat 'em. I have diverticulitis and the last time i tried eating one, i swallowed someones kidney stone and had a massive flareup.