PDA

View Full Version : Fyre festival whoops.

ZenOps
04-30-2017, 08:42 AM
http://www.nme.com/blogs/festivals-blog/fyre-festival-luxury-chaos-pictures-2061836

Xtrema
04-30-2017, 10:09 AM
$12K to live like a refugee on a Sandals resort.

Kids are dumb these days.

t35uL8x2EfA

speedog
04-30-2017, 10:43 AM
Adjacent to a Sandals resort.

Buster
04-30-2017, 10:49 AM
this makes me so happy.

gwill
04-30-2017, 12:32 PM
those 2 guys in the video were amusing.

Sentry
04-30-2017, 01:50 PM
Saw this gem in my facebook feed this morning.:rofl:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1047753738658960/?ti=as

JRSC00LUDE
04-30-2017, 05:52 PM
It amazes me that many morons paid that much. I'm kind of laughing at them and the "no refunds" disclaimer that surely existed. :rofl:

ExtraSlow
04-30-2017, 06:03 PM
Music festivals in remote / self-sustaining locations are actually really logistically difficult to pull off. Purchasing this product is like buying a month-long african safari from someone who has read a national geographic magazine.

pheoxs
05-01-2017, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Buster
this makes me so happy.

Curious why people being defrauded and left in unsafe conditions makes you happy.

In other news: 100 million $ class action lawsuit filed

http://ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/2017/05/01/ja-rule-and-fyre-festival-slapped-with-100-million-lawsuit-for-multiple-counts-of-fraud/

Xtrema
05-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by pheoxs
Curious why people being defrauded and left in unsafe conditions makes you happy.

There is a bit of satisfaction that the millennial know-it-alls got played by celebrities.

ExtraSlow
05-01-2017, 09:19 AM
It feels good to feel superior to other identifiable groups. Very common reaction.

bjstare
05-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by pheoxs

I dunno, I got a kick out of it.

I'd bet 95% of the attendees are millennial dickheads with rich parents that are supporting their kids hallucinogenic drug use and general douchebaggery. I grew up with a bunch of people like this, and they really are awful humans (who could benefit from getting dicked around like this now and again).

But hey, I'm just spitballin here, maybe I'm way off base.

theken
05-01-2017, 10:37 AM
how could they not be refunding money when it was a big shit show? especially to the people that couldn't even go

ickyflex
05-01-2017, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by theken
how could they not be refunding money when it was a big shit show? especially to the people that couldn't even go

They did refund at the end of the day. The no refund is more so in place if you decide not to go blah blah.

JfuckinC
05-01-2017, 10:55 AM
All festival goers this year will be refunded in full. We will be working on refunds over the next few days and will be in touch directly with guests with more details. Also, all guests from this year will have free VIP passes to next year’s festival.

https://www.fyrefestival.com/

This situation sucks for everyone who thought they were getting a vacation, I don't know why you guys are so butt hurt about the people attending lol...

I don't know if I'd trust my free pass for next year though :rofl:

Xtrema
05-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by theken

All sales final, it's right in the contract. They are screwed if they want refund from that front (although a refund is promised, I doubt they will do it). That's why the class action is going from the safety angle and not the service rendered angle.

JordanEG6
05-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

https://www.fyrefestival.com/

This situation sucks for everyone who thought they were getting a vacation, I don't know why you guys are so butt hurt about the people attending lol...

I don't know if I'd trust my free pass for next year though :rofl:

People love to hate on others with money.

Swank
05-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Anyone willing to give thousands of dollars to someone who can't spell Fire needs to give their head a real big shake.

sexualbanana
05-01-2017, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

All sales final, it's right in the contract. They are screwed if they want refund from that front (although a refund is promised, I doubt they will do it). That's why the class action is going from the safety angle and not the service rendered angle.

You can probably still get a refund on that front just based on negligence. The expectation is that the concert planners will at least try to live up to the promises they make when people purchase tickets to their event. When the organizers don't even come close to meeting that expectation, as it seems to be here, an argument can be made for negligence and it could void specific contract clauses like those related to refund policies.

gwill
05-01-2017, 11:53 AM
Wheres phil when we need him to remimd everyone not to jump to conclusions until we have all the facts. Maybe something happened that can explain everything.. no reason to bash a bunch of rich millenials...

Im glad i could be the voice of reasoning.

mr2mike
05-01-2017, 12:05 PM
Meanwhile at Ja Rule's offshore account, setup for Fyre Festival payments...

http://9928-presscdn-0-75.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/raining-money.jpg

sputnik
05-01-2017, 12:38 PM

There is a bit of satisfaction that the millennial know-it-alls got played by celebrities.

Even ignoring the warnings from this Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/fyrefraud

The best part is that most of the "victims" all seem to be Instagram/Youtube/Tumblr social media whores. Was there anyone that was there because they actually wanted to see Blink 182 or Ja Rule live?

BavarianBeast
05-01-2017, 12:41 PM
What ever happened to just going to Ibiza :dunno:

Xtrema
05-01-2017, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
The best part is that most of the "victims" all seem to be Instagram/Youtube/Tumblr social media whores. Was there anyone that was there because they actually wanted to see Blink 182 or Ja Rule live?

I think a lot of these social media whores are starving for content and this could be a way to get it.

Just look at how well is Tasty doing with the $2000 pizza and other insanely priced food item on YT.

sputnik
05-01-2017, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
People love to hate on others with money.

I don't think its about hating people with money. If people hate Kendall Jenner they should hate Bill Gates and Warren Buffett exponentially more.

I think it is more about hating the socialite culture that social media has created and monetized.

You have 20-somethings doing little more than whoring themselves out on any social media platforms with no marketable skills other than the ability to show off products and look hot while doing it.

So to see them getting suckered into an event designed to further fuel their vanity is just simple schadenfreude.

JfuckinC
05-01-2017, 01:50 PM

I don't think its about hating people with money. If people hate Kendall Jenner they should hate Bill Gates and Warren Buffett exponentially more.

I think it is more about hating the socialite culture that social media has created and monetized.

You have 20-somethings doing little more than whoring themselves out on any social media platforms with no marketable skills other than the ability to show off products and look hot while doing it.

So to see them getting suckered into an event designed to further fuel their vanity is just simple schadenfreude.

What about the rest of the regular people who just wanted to go get banged up on a island in the Bahamas and party? lol

I bet the guy who made the FyreFraud twitter loved that though. huge I told you so moment :rofl:

max_boost
05-01-2017, 01:51 PM
lol what a shit show. sucks for all those people.

flipstah
05-01-2017, 02:21 PM

I think a lot of these social media whores are starving for content and this could be a way to get it.

Just look at how well is Tasty doing with the $2000 pizza and other insanely priced food item on YT.

Fuck. I love those 'Worth It' shows on YouTube.

KrisYYC
05-02-2017, 09:40 PM

This exactly. It isn't the money. It's the type of event this thing was supposed to be in the first place. An ego boost for narcissistic douchebags and social media whores. Their choice of celebrity promoters shows this.

Still sucks people didn't get what they paid for, hopefully they get a refund. I guess they'll have to go back to gym and/or fake rolex selfies for now.

And I bet a lot of the attendees are not "rich" but rather in huge credit card debt.

Xtrema
05-03-2017, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by KrisYYC
And I bet a lot of the attendees are not "rich" but rather in huge credit card debt.

Or business expense. $12K to buy views and grow your channel isn't that bad of a deal. Even the event went south like it did, I gave view count to a few random vlogs that I normally won't even know they existed.

LadyLuck
05-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Glad this thing fell through, I can only imagine what thousands of ravers would have done to such a beautiful island. Apparently Fyre is now banned from the Bahamas as well, good riddance!