PDA

View Full Version : Clearly Canadian

firebane
05-01-2017, 10:39 AM
I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread on this yet.. But for anyone feeling nostalgic ... it is back. Not sure for how long but I picked it up at 7-11 yesterday.

:thumbsup:

alien
05-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Were those sugar free with artifical sweeteners?

Kloubek
05-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Screw that. Drank one some 20 years ago and found a piece of bark or wood in it. Contacted them and they told me that was impossible, and wanted me to send them the bottle and wood on my own dime.

No thanks.

(Yes, a lot can change in 20 years)

Disoblige
05-01-2017, 10:50 AM
Too bad no Orbitz, hahaha.

roopi
05-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by alien
Were those sugar free with artifical sweeteners?

I think they used cane sugar.

J-hop
05-01-2017, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by firebane
I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread on this yet.. But for anyone feeling nostalgic ... it is back. Not sure for how long but I picked it up at 7-11 yesterday.

:thumbsup:

Yo thanks for posting!!!

Forgot about those. Chipping teeth on the glass bottle when your brothers knocked it while you were trying to drink used to be my favourite past time

Going to go pick up a case

BavarianBeast
05-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Orbitz
Haha
Good god, the 90s were fun times.

Pauly Boy
05-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Too bad no Orbitz, hahaha.

Oh, trust me that’s next on the “cash in on Nostalgia” band wagon, lol.

And like Guac Doritos, Crystal Pepsi & the rest of these I will be buying one of each flavour to re-live my childhood, lol.

What I really want is the resurrection of Tahiti Treat though. That stuff was my go to drink as a kid since the pizza place next door used to stock it in the cooler.

BavarianBeast
05-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Didn't tahiti treat become Hawaiian Punch?

Was reintroduced to it back in university with the development of Jungle Juice... Everclear and Hawaiian Punch.. Brilliant combination.

Stuart
05-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Pauly Boy

Oh, trust me that’s next on the “cash in on Nostalgia” band wagon, lol.

And like Guac Doritos, Crystal Pepsi & the rest of these I will be buying one of each flavour to re-live my childhood, lol.

What I really want is the resurrection of Tahiti Treat though. That stuff was my go to drink as a kid since the pizza place next door used to stock it in the cooler.

Vintage Soda Shop in Airdrie tends to have a good supply of Tahiti Treat, it really brought back some memories when I pick some up. http://www.vintagesodacompany.com/

ianmcc
05-01-2017, 05:14 PM

Loved that stuff. Think it used to come in a slurpee as well.:drool:

Pauly Boy
05-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Stuart
Vintage Soda Shop in Airdrie tends to have a good supply of Tahiti Treat

Nice, I'll have to head over there next time I'm at Cross Iron or something. Thanks.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-02-2017, 08:45 AM
I saw it at 7-11 a few weeks ago. Instant nostalgia/feel trip. One of my earliest memories of cars was being at the auto show with my dad and drinking one of those when we took a break from hours of sitting in cars. I was probably 8 years old.

Hallowed_point
05-02-2017, 08:48 AM
I used to love the blackberry/peach Clearly Canadian. I have no such nostalgia for Orbitz. Although I'd probably pick up a bottle if it somehow became available again to remind myself how terrible it was.

Edit: Bridlewood 711 has Clearly in stock! :drool:

Swank
05-02-2017, 09:07 AM
What I really want is the resurrection of Tahiti Treat though. That stuff was my go to drink as a kid since the pizza place next door used to stock it in the cooler. Sold out for now, but they regularly get new shipments, might be a more convenient drive for you (Richmond Road and 37th St SW):
https://gummiboutique.ca/collections/beverages

Hallowed_point
05-02-2017, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Swank
Sold out for now, but they regularly get new shipments, might be a more convenient drive for you (Richmond Road and 37th St SW):

Thanks man. :clap:

schocker
05-02-2017, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Swank
Sold out for now, but they regularly get new shipments, might be a more convenient drive for you (Richmond Road and 37th St SW):

That soda store in airdre looks to have it too:
http://www.vintagesodacompany.com/dr-pepper-tahitian-treat-case.html
I need to stop by there and get some vanilla coke zero.

alien
05-04-2017, 03:06 PM
There's a candy store on 17th ave SW that also carried Tahiti Treat. If the store is still there.

03ozwhip
05-04-2017, 04:27 PM
FYI I was in Gummi in Kensington and they have Tahiti treat

Hallowed_point
05-05-2017, 07:42 AM
Damn this Blackberry/Raspberry Clearly Canadian is thirst quenching. Even better than I remembered it being :drool:

Pauly Boy
05-05-2017, 10:37 AM
I really don’t buy much convenience store stuff outside of the odd energy drink with gas & christ has shit gotten expensive.

~$2.50 for a novelty drink like Clearly is fine & all, but man I feel bad for kids these days. Gone are the days of raiding your parents change pile to grab a slurpee & some 5 cent candies while you peddle your bike around, lol.

In other news, I grabbed a couple & it does taste bang on to what I remember. My favourite as a kid, Cherry, has evaded me thus far though. :cry:

EK 2.0
05-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Orbitz is back for a short time.

The Vintage Soda Shop in Urrrdrie was posting them on their FB page last week.

firebane
05-05-2017, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Orbitz is back for a short time.

The Vintage Soda Shop in Urrrdrie was posting them on their FB page last week.

Not the same Orbitz.

Hallowed_point
05-05-2017, 11:21 AM
I really don’t buy much convenience store stuff outside of the odd energy drink with gas & christ has shit gotten expensive.

~$2.50 for a novelty drink like Clearly is fine & all, but man I feel bad for kids these days. Gone are the days of raiding your parents change pile to grab a slurpee & some 5 cent candies while you peddle your bike around, lol.

In other news, I grabbed a couple & it does taste bang on to what I remember. My favourite as a kid, Cherry, has evaded me thus far though. :cry:

I knew that I was getting old when I went to the counter of 711 with what I thought were 5 cent candies. Boom price is now 10 cents. What a rip :rofl: I've heard the reason that CC is so pricy is due to the special glass bottles. Although I don't buy into that explanation.

TomcoPDR
05-05-2017, 12:29 PM

You've put a few tears in me eyes. :(

Miss the O-Pee-Chee gum too?

Disoblige
05-05-2017, 12:33 PM

Yeah, remember Coke card as a kid? So good.

civic_stylez
05-05-2017, 03:14 PM

So true.. all the cool stuff is gone. The last garbage "sleepover" candy thats left is all made by Wonka. I still see nerds and sweet tarts on occasion at 711. I remember feeling badass drinking jolt cola as it was the Bacardi 151 of the playground...Fun Dips and fizzy bottle caps and Lotsa fizz were the personal favorites.

dino_martini
05-05-2017, 04:15 PM

The 7-11 near my house took out the bulk candy section like two or three years ago. The world has never been the same since :cry:

max_boost
05-05-2017, 06:40 PM
I haven't had one since junior high! definitely will take a closer look next time at 7-11

Sugarphreak
05-05-2017, 11:16 PM