PDA

View Full Version : Time to inject some practicality into my life...

Pages : [1] 2

killramos
05-01-2017, 09:16 PM
As if :rofl:

2016 C63S Sedan
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/killramos/81849371-9FF7-4040-9753-D47AB4F93929.jpg

Got a great deal on a new C63S, Tenorite Grey, "InRich loaded", last years model as if it matters to me.

Feels great to get into my first V8, really enjoying it so far though haven't had much of a chance to take it out yet. Had a hiccup on delivery this weekend so they had to bring it to me at work today. Spent every minute between work and bed driving it. Gunna need to remortgage the house for gas hahaha.

Sad to see the BMW go, but felt like a change and couldn't justify dropping so much money to get into another car that was so similar to my last, I'm sure an M3 would be different but not 50k+ on top of mine different. Maybe in 4 years BMW will change their interiors up a bit. Doubt it.

The sound is intoxicating...

Next step is full front PPF and a ceramic coating, then burn through the break in to see what it can really do. Will try and get some pictures once its done at the detailers

:goflames:

dj_rice
05-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Nice purchase. The sound never gets old.

max_boost
05-01-2017, 09:30 PM
Niiiice car. Awesome to see you next gen Beyond Ballers keeping it boss. :bigpimp:

npham
05-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Did you buy the one from Lonestar that I posted in the "Recession Deal" thread? It was 88k back when I posted it, hopefully you got it for less.

killramos
05-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Didn't see your post but I assume so, I got them to move a bit more than that yea. Between the price and what I got for trade I didn't do too badly. They did a crap job advertising it on the website, it has almost every feature and option you would want on it. But none of that was on the website and not a single interior pick. Was a great decision to go take an actual look and take it for a spin. My gain their loss I guess.

I already had my mind pretty made up to order one for a delivery next spring, I was very happy with the options on this one and between that and the discount I decided to pull the trigger a bit earlier.

:D

schocker
05-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Nice pick up :drool:

M.alex
05-01-2017, 09:49 PM
LS swap?

killramos
05-01-2017, 09:52 PM
^Maybe next year :rofl:

never
05-01-2017, 10:03 PM
Nice choice...perfect colour!

BTW, time to change the avatar and sig!

Tej.S
05-01-2017, 11:31 PM
Congrats killramos, and beautiful choice of color :thumbsup:

Sentry
05-02-2017, 01:25 AM
Put an M badge on it

killramos
05-02-2017, 06:53 AM
Yea the color was way better than I thought it would be, really suits the car well. No idea why Tennorite ( Steel Grey in the US ) has been discontinued, I am not a fan of any of the replacement colors for the '17s.

As for the Avatar i was trying to come up with something creative last night but my laptop died haha. Not nearly as bad has my M inspired vanity plate that is currently on it :rofl:

Think I might try to order ALMNYGN. Fitting, ADMRGAS is another contender.

bjstare
05-02-2017, 07:13 AM
^ADMRGAS?

Sick car, I'm jealous. If I could justify it, this is what I would be driving right now.

Zhariak
05-02-2017, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by killramos
As if :rofl:

2016 C63S Sedan
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/killramos/81849371-9FF7-4040-9753-D47AB4F93929.jpg

Got a great deal on a new C63S, Tenorite Grey, "InRich loaded", last years model as if it matters to me.

Feels great to get into my first V8, really enjoying it so far though haven't had much of a chance to take it out yet. Had a hiccup on delivery this weekend so they had to bring it to me at work today. Spent every minute between work and bed driving it. Gunna need to remortgage the house for gas hahaha.

Sad to see the BMW go, but felt like a change and couldn't justify dropping so much money to get into another car that was so similar to my last, I'm sure an M3 would be different but not 50k+ on top of mine different. Maybe in 4 years BMW will change their interiors up a bit. Doubt it.

The sound is intoxicating...

Next step is full front PPF and a ceramic coating, then burn through the break in to see what it can really do. Will try and get some pictures once its done at the detailers

:goflames:

Very nice, very nice... :bigpimp:

killramos
05-02-2017, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by cjblair
^ADMRGAS?

Sick car, I'm jealous. If I could justify it, this is what I would be driving right now.

Add More Gas :rofl: maybe ADMORGS? I'll try to think of more plays on AMG haha

As for justifying it, I don't pretend for one minute to anyone that it was a good decision. But I like cars and it makes me happy so YOLO haha

ExtraSlow
05-02-2017, 07:31 AM
Go drive that thing to subway for a double-meat sub. Live the dream brother. :thumbsup:

Buster
05-02-2017, 07:58 AM
great choice. I like the new M cars...but I'd take one of these in a second.

Darkane
05-02-2017, 08:03 AM
Yeah these new V8s are nuts. Love it.

Hallowed_point
05-02-2017, 08:05 AM
Beauty Merc! I'm glad that you didn't end up in that Crossfire SRT-6.

killramos
05-02-2017, 08:11 AM
You and me both HP...

klumsy_tumbler
05-02-2017, 08:37 AM
Great looking car. Congrats!

Hallowed_point
05-02-2017, 08:41 AM
You and me both HP...

You need an avatar change amigo! I didn't expect this at all. Wow...how's the factory exhaust for volume?

killramos
05-02-2017, 08:48 AM
Exhaust is Ridiculous...

And I have an idea for the avatar. Just need 10 seconds of free time to make it.

Xtrema
05-02-2017, 08:50 AM
2016?

What kinds of deal you got on that?

Nice car. I love my faux AMG. The only thing that bugs me is the wind buffering around the driver door at speed or when wind goes a certain way which I think it still impact most 2016 builds. I think they solved it in 2017s. Although they fact that they offer acoustic glass on 2017 GLC as an $200 option, it may still be an issue.

So don't tint the fronts until you got more seat time, there is a TSB to either swap window out with acoustic glass or weather stripping to solve the issue.

killramos
05-02-2017, 08:54 AM
Yup 2016, I think I did as well on it as I could have. Very happy with the price considering sticker was north of 100.

Haven't noticed any wind noise as of yet but C63S does have different geometry so maybe it's different?

Xtrema
05-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Yup 2016, I think I did as well on it as I could have. Very happy with the price considering sticker was north of 100.

Haven't noticed any wind noise as of yet but C63S does have different geometry so maybe it's different?

Nice. That grey is same as mine and it's so easy to take care of.

Noise usually come from 80+kph driving + cross wind. So it is hard to replicate. I just drove 800km on #1 to Kelowna and not notice it.

The other noise I got (seems common) is the the weak spring they use in the sunglass holder making it vibrate. Shop guys knows it immediate when I brought the attention to him.

Other than those issues, my car had been solid.

Just drop into MB World to check around.

killramos
05-02-2017, 09:14 AM
Cool, I will try and keep an ear open for anything since it goes in for diff service in the next month or two anyways depending on how much seat time I get.

vengie
05-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Nice buy! I was a huge fan of the interiors of the MB at the international car show.

And the AMG exhaust... :drool:

JordanLotoski
05-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Love it...Congrats

ercchry
05-02-2017, 10:08 AM
I thought you said no Chryslers? :rofl:

Congrats! Must be a completely different experience from the BMW

killramos
05-02-2017, 10:10 AM
Very different. Feels more and less controlled all at the same time.

And I'm comfortable with the concept that my car is as much a Chrysler as an Aston is a Ford. :rofl:

Xtrema
05-02-2017, 10:40 AM
And I'm comfortable with the concept that my car is as much a Chrysler as an Aston is a Ford. :rofl:

Well Aston is now a Mercedes so by transitive properties, it's a Chrysler too. :rofl:

Congrats by the way. Love to hear what your 1st winter will be like.

Tej.S
05-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Yea the color was way better than I thought it would be, really suits the car well. No idea why Tennorite ( Steel Grey in the US ) has been discontinued, I am not a fan of any of the replacement colors for the '17s.

Hey now, selenite grey looks awesome. It almost gives off a matte-like appearance at night time.

If they ever end up making a 4matic 63, I'll be all over it :drool: I highly doubt that will ever happen though. Do you plan on doing any mods in the future?

killramos
05-02-2017, 01:09 PM
Not a big mods guy. I would like to try the new PS4S's once I wear off the POS dunlops that came on the car.

Maybe some CF mirror caps? Hahaha

Sugarphreak
05-02-2017, 01:11 PM

shakalaka
05-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Haha called it!

Congrats man.

Funny how we went into opposite directions sort of...ex AMG guy to M....ex 'M' guy to AMG. :D

killramos
05-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Haha thanks all, should be a fun summer.

shakalaka
05-02-2017, 01:20 PM
Oh join the PL...IMO the best thing about being an AMG owner (outside of the car). You get free goodies every now and then!

flipstah
05-02-2017, 02:17 PM
DAYUM!

What a boss

max_boost
05-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Someone organize a Beyond cruise? Some of you guys have picked up some sick rides. We are due for one.

ercchry
05-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Lotoski needs to bring back the banff baller brunch

JordanLotoski
05-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
Lotoski needs to bring back the banff baller brunch

August...My 63 arrives in June;)

Tej.S
05-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Oh join the PL...IMO the best thing about being an AMG owner (outside of the car). You get free goodies every now and then!

Not really free since you end up paying ~$10-15 for duty charges lol.

rage2
05-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Tej.S
Not really free since you end up paying ~$10-15 for duty charges lol.
I've never had to pay any duty on the gear I've gotten from the PL.

max_boost
05-02-2017, 03:40 PM
I don't think my GLK makes the cut if it's a baller cruise lol

flipstah
05-02-2017, 03:45 PM
I drive a grampamobile. Don't think I can count this for the baller brunch.

shakalaka
05-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I never had to either until recently I got the AMG hat. Cost my $20 or something with UPS and the fucking thing didn't even fit me. So that was shitty. lol.

Tej.S
05-02-2017, 06:01 PM

I never had to either until recently I got the AMG hat. Cost my $20 or something with UPS and the fucking thing didn't even fit me. So that was shitty. lol.

^ this.

I received the hat and a Calender through UPS, and both times I had to pay duty charges.. What gives? Afaik, I can't even choose who to ship through lol.

Buster
05-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Then you can't even wear it because it's AMG hat.

shakalaka
05-02-2017, 06:20 PM

^ this.

I received the hat and a Calender through UPS, and both times I had to pay duty charges.. What gives? Afaik, I can't even choose who to ship through lol.

I've gotten many calendars and stuff but never had to pay customs on those. Did have to pay for the hat though.

Originally posted by Buster
Then you can't even wear it because it's AMG hat.

I wear my AMG gear all the time still. I purchased a Boss Private Lounge jacket which was kinda pricey, so I am not gonna stop wearing that just cause I don't have an AMG at the moment. Funnily enough, the jacket was a custom pre-order and it took like 8 months to get it....I had already sold the car before getting it. Haha.

killramos
05-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Haha I have been lurking PL since I got my VIN, signed up for the magazine so far. Not a terribly active forum. I should easily be able to make number 1 poster every month on there :poosie:

A jacket would be sick. I still have a nice little AMG boutique credit to spend at the dealer so I will have to pick me up some threads.

I am a big :thumbsup: for a Banff cruise though, as long as proceeds are for charity again otherwise we are just mega douches a la RoyalRally. :rofl:

Buster
05-02-2017, 07:04 PM
haha. Didn't mean to offend with the branded apparel comment. Not my thing, but different strokes.

I do rip on my Ferrari driving buddy for his ferrari hat/ferrari jacket all the time.

shakalaka
05-02-2017, 09:27 PM
Haha no offence taken. I typically don't wear vehicle branded clothes unless I have/had the vehicle. Hence why I didn't buy Ferrari Puma gear but bought the BMW one. :D . But you gotta see that AMG PL jacket. I use it as my regular semi-winter jacket and it's kinda nice. Plus made by Boss so a quality item and it was a limited edition run that PL guys did. Can't find it in anywhere in shops etc.

PS: Nice avatar - new AMG owner. :D. Full disclaimer, I did contact my Benz guy at the local dealer to show me some AMG's after looking at this thread, but I am going to try real hard to not follow through seriously on anything. :banghead:

killramos
05-02-2017, 09:31 PM
:rofl:

s2k_boi
05-02-2017, 09:37 PM
:thumbsup: Congrats and nice ride!

Redlyne_mr2
05-02-2017, 10:10 PM
great car

Zhariak
05-03-2017, 06:46 AM
Wait, what?

We get free stuff from the private lounge?!?!?!?

All I've gotten are those Private Lounge window stickers and a ton of magazines...

killramos
05-03-2017, 08:35 AM
If I am reading correctly you get free shit for being a post whore over there. Beyond needs to step up its game!

Zhariak
05-03-2017, 08:43 AM
Shiettttt I gotta jump on that! :D

Hallowed_point
05-03-2017, 08:53 AM
PS: Nice avatar - new AMG owner. :D. Full disclaimer, I did contact my Benz guy at the local dealer to show me some AMG's after looking at this thread, but I am going to try real hard to not follow through seriously on anything. :banghead: I give you until June.1st before you cave. That is assuming that the weather holds. :burnout:

rage2
05-03-2017, 09:15 AM
If I am reading correctly you get free shit for being a post whore over there. Beyond needs to step up its game!
Didn't you beat up on my AMG for free? :dunno:

rage2
05-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Zhariak
Wait, what?

We get free stuff from the private lounge?!?!?!?

All I've gotten are those Private Lounge window stickers and a ton of magazines...
How are you liking the 63 since the Escalade debacle?

shakalaka
05-03-2017, 11:31 AM

The posting thing is only once every two years. Once you win you can't win another one for two years. Unless they changed that rule.

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
I give you until June.1st before you cave. That is assuming that the weather holds. :burnout:

Haha. I really do like the M3 though. Since getting wife's new car we have been driving that mostly and that makes me miss the M3 so I think that's a good sign. :dunno:

Unless I get a smoking deal and don't lose anything on the M3 (which would never happen) I am keeping it for sure.

killramos
05-03-2017, 11:35 AM

Didn't you beat up on my AMG for free? :dunno:

I suppose that's better than a baseball cap, I did win the hockey tickets once as well:D

You are redeemed.

Zhariak
05-03-2017, 11:56 AM

How are you liking the 63 since the Escalade debacle?

Absolutely love it!

I've put 55,000km on it since October 2015. No issues, an absolute dream to drive, and SOOOOOOO much fun!

Things a beast in winter, and it's a beast in summer.

It's sooo nice not having to deal with stupid vehicle bullshit... I just enjoy it now like I should! :thumbsup:

EDIT: This totally isn't needed, but on the note of enjoying it, pic from last Sunday!

https://www.stephenwagner.com/imagestore/bamff/bamff.jpg

Tej.S
05-03-2017, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak

Absolutely love it!

I've put 55,000km on it since October 2015. No issues, an absolute dream to drive, and SOOOOOOO much fun!

Things a beast in winter, and it's a beast in summer.

It's sooo nice not having to deal with stupid vehicle bullshit... I just enjoy it now like I should! :thumbsup:

EDIT: This totally isn't needed, but on the note of enjoying it, pic from last Sunday!

https://www.stephenwagner.com/imagestore/bamff/bamff.jpg

That's a gorgeous ride Zhar. I've always thought the CLS was one of the best looking cars in the line up, it's such a timeless design IMO. Hopefully they don't mess that up with the replacement.

killramos
05-03-2017, 07:33 PM
The CLS is such a beast. A cool take on the e platform for sure

Hallowed_point
05-04-2017, 08:03 AM
That's a gorgeous ride Zhar. I've always thought the CLS was one of the best looking cars in the line up, it's such a timeless design IMO. Hopefully they don't mess that up with the replacement.

Agree, I am not a sedan fan at all, but the CLS the curves of a coupe without the ugly of some of the 4 doors.

danno
05-04-2017, 08:07 AM
Awesome car, makes me depressed when I see all you guys buying sweet rides and I know all my money is tied up in my kids.

Congrats

03ozwhip
05-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by danno
Awesome car, makes me depressed when I see all you guys buying sweet rides and I know all my money is tied up in my kids.

Congrats
you and me both. we should get together and cry over some coffee. good choice on car killramos. watch and swap cars meet soon? lol

killramos
05-04-2017, 08:33 AM
Real baller status is having the cars and kids, it's easy as a dink with a good paying job to get into a ridiculous car in comparison.

Rage et al still have top tier baller status because of it, I'm just a kid who spends too much money on cars. :rofl:

Zhariak
05-04-2017, 08:47 AM
Real baller status is having the cars and kids, it's easy as a dink with a good paying job to get into a ridiculous car in comparison.

Rage et al still have top tier baller status because of it, I'm just a kid who spends too much money on cars. :rofl:

I'll admit this too...

I work 24/7 (especially since the economy went to shit)... Only reason why I spend my money on cars is because it's one of the only things left I enjoy in this world (quit smoking, almost stopped drinking, toned down the women, no family, no kids)....

rage2
05-04-2017, 09:58 AM
I love the CLS as well, but it looks like the new CLS will not have an AMG option. That market will be catered to by the AMG GT 4 door. :drool:

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/https://s.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/469/336/1/S4693361/slug/l/hss-storage-midas-37d8edeac3b968eaf30d32a095ead101-205017901-1.jpg

Especially with the NDP taking away all our child credits. I think I'm going to go down to a single year round car next year. The days of summer/winter car might be over soon. So yea, losing my status for sure. :rofl:

Xtrema
05-04-2017, 10:03 AM

I love the CLS as well, but it looks like the new CLS will not have an AMG option. That market will be catered to by the AMG GT 4 door. :drool:

Are they going back from have a AMG 43 on every line? aka faux AMG?

benyl
05-04-2017, 10:14 AM

The days of summer/winter car might be over soon. So yea, losing my status for sure. :rofl:

I drive a 7 year old truck with a rusted front bumper. :cry: Wife needs to go back to work. I've been a wanna be baller for a long time.

Normally, I would have already ordered a replacement for the wagon... might be keep this one for a while. FWP.

I dream of the DINK days. SI2K sucks...

shakalaka
05-04-2017, 10:26 AM

:werd:

Might as well enjoy for a couple years before the kids come into the equation. I like to consider myself as a budget baller. True ballers don't have to fuckin think twice before buying whatever the hell they want.

Buster
05-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Having young kids is a double hit. You have to take care of the costs of course, which are substantial. But perhaps worse, you have to be much more risk averse. As a single guy, you could always liquidate and live on a couch with a friend. When you have kids, you have to tie up additional capital making sure you have runway for emergencies and contingencies.

If I didn't have three little kids, I often wonder what my lifestyle would look like...

SkiBum5.0
05-04-2017, 11:04 AM
^ hookers, blow and 100 octane is what I would imagine..

Hallowed_point
05-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Buster
Having young kids is a double hit. You have to take care of the costs of course, which are substantial. But perhaps worse, you have to be much more risk averse. As a single guy, you could always liquidate and live on a couch with a friend. When you have kids, you have to tie up additional capital making sure you have runway for emergencies and contingencies.

If I didn't have three little kids, I often wonder what my lifestyle would look like...

Birth control don't fail me now... :eek:

Disoblige
05-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Birth control don't fail me now... :eek:
I knew you were a girl.

HiSpec
05-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

I knew you were a girl.

:rofl:

bjstare
05-04-2017, 11:53 AM

I knew you were a girl. :rofl:

Hallowed_point
05-04-2017, 12:49 PM
[BI knew you were a girl. [/B]

Keep fantasizing and one day you might make it to 3rd base.

s2k_boi
05-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Btw... where are you getting your ceramic coating done?

killramos
05-04-2017, 01:44 PM
^ I had my coating done at SR International. Rainer did an incredible job and the car looks awesome. The hydrophobic coating works stupid well. Great option for a DD.

Sugarphreak
05-04-2017, 02:15 PM

rage2
05-04-2017, 02:39 PM
It's the AMG emblem featuring the Affalterbach coat of arms, cam lobe and valve/spring. Let's just say the AMG boys were better at modding engines than making logos haha.

The signature is the guy that built his engine. Funny buddy is still there, I've had 2 AMG's with engines built by that guy.

killramos
05-04-2017, 03:01 PM
:D

PS give me more than 100 pixels and it would be less blurry. Pulled the image from the PL master mechanic page.

rage2
05-04-2017, 03:47 PM
It's an avatar not a background.

killramos
05-04-2017, 04:14 PM
I suppose I could put more effort into my sharpening game too :rofl:

Tej.S
05-04-2017, 04:56 PM

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/https://s.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/469/336/1/S4693361/slug/l/hss-storage-midas-37d8edeac3b968eaf30d32a095ead101-205017901-1.jpg

I like the idea of the GT 4.. But it's gotta compete with the new panamera turbo :drool:

http://i.imgur.com/gqL9uCd.jpg

Edit: ffs, is there a reason why my image won't show or am I just too stupid to see it :banghead:

Edit 2: thanks jwslam :clap:

jwslam
05-04-2017, 05:15 PM

Edit: ffs, is there a reason why my image won't show or am I just too stupid to see it :banghead:
http://i.imgur.com/gqL9uCd.jpg
On a side note... pretty sure my work blocked imgur so I don't see any images by rage2 and like.

Sugarphreak
05-04-2017, 10:57 PM

killramos
05-05-2017, 06:58 AM
Lol man are you actually employed over there in Vancouver? That looks like way too much effort for little ol' me :rofl:

rage2
05-05-2017, 07:56 AM
Clearly the background isn't big enough now. What's wrong with you guys? :rofl:

Xtrema
05-05-2017, 10:27 AM
^ I had my coating done at SR International. Rainer did an incredible job and the car looks awesome. The hydrophobic coating works stupid well. Great option for a DD.

Love to hear how well that hold out after your 1st winter.

riander5
05-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Have you ordered a renntech or wesstech ecu upgrade yet is the question

killramos
05-05-2017, 01:45 PM
I maintain the same stance I always have, if I wanted a faster car I would buy one. No interest in tuning beyond stock.

never
05-05-2017, 01:53 PM
I maintain the same stance I always have, if I wanted a faster car I would buy one. No interest in tuning beyond stock.

That's no fun.

killramos
05-05-2017, 01:56 PM
I just took a 175 HP jump, I'll be alright for a little while :rofl: