PDA

View Full Version : new car recommendations....fml

Pages : [1] 2

03ozwhip
05-05-2017, 09:15 AM
it's with great regret that I even think about selling my X1. I love this thing. however, again, my wife was saying how it's still not big enough to have her seat where she wants it and have the kid behind her comfortable as well.

here's my criteria.....bigger inside...still fun to drive and not an SUV. oh and 40k and under unless it's new with a good interest rate, 50k and under.

that criteria may change due to lack of options but ya, I know it's pretty vague. I'd like to stick with BMW but I think a 7 series is too big and probably not too.much fun and a 5 series is still not enough room.

what do I look into? Merc? Ford? (ew) Lexus? personal experiences would be cool......and go.

ganesh
05-05-2017, 09:19 AM
If you want to stay in the BMW family look at the 3 Series GT. They are built on the long wheel base and has plenty of leg room in the back

Mitsu3000gt
05-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Audi A6 3.0T S-Line is a really nice larger vehicle that is still fun, and they have been around long enough you can pick your price point. Unbeatable interior and AWD are bonuses.

You can buy an Infinity Q50 Red Sport for just a little bit over your budget, but they often have huge incentives. Not sure if it's large enough for you. Last I looked at them in person they had around $5-7K off.

Sounds like you need a wagon, but fun wagons are few and far between. Could look at Volvo, Audi A4 Allroad, MB E-Class Wagon.

BMW 550xi is in your price range too even with the TT V8 and they are lots of fun for a nice large car.

I've driven all of the above recently, I liked the Red Sport, A6 3.0T, and 550xi the most but that isn't too surprising haha.

Hallowed_point
05-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by ganesh
If you want to stay in the BMW family look at the 3 Series GT. They are built on the long wheel base and has plenty of leg room in the back They meet the criteria but :barf: styling

03ozwhip
05-05-2017, 09:32 AM
thanks guys I would love a wagon. I consider my X1 a wagon really. on my registration it says station wagon lol but I have to look further into these ones.

before I bought my X1 I looked at a 535 and im almost positive that the interior is the same size. if it's any bigger, it's definitely not by much.

rage2
05-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Buy a slimmer profile car seat. Really, your only option is a big SUV or a minivan if a 5 series still isn't big enough. Or a new wife? :poosie:

Wagons aren't going to solve your problem, unless you get an E Wagon and stuff the kid in the trunk haha.

03ozwhip
05-05-2017, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Buy a slimmer profile car seat. Really, your only option is a big SUV or a minivan if a 5 series still isn't big enough. Or a new wife? :poosie:

Wagons aren't going to solve your problem, unless you get an E Wagon and stuff the kid in the trunk haha.
the problem is, you're right, i just don't want to believe it lol

rage2
05-05-2017, 10:08 AM
You can always go try the Merc B250. It has the more rear legroom than even the S-Class. The problem is though, I don't think you're looking for just rear legroom. It's how the rear seats are shaped that determines how far forward the car seat sits, and interferes with the front passenger.

Another option for you...

UW9HzKC3rFI

That's as much SUV as an X1. But won't be fun to drive.

Xtrema
05-05-2017, 10:18 AM
2018 Tiguan with longwheel base.

Your X1's wheel base is 108 inches. It's going to be pretty tough to beat if that's tight.

Sugarphreak
05-05-2017, 10:58 AM

SOAB
05-05-2017, 11:12 AM
i was gonna say a F150 Supercrew will do what you want. my kids have plenty of leg room in the back seat, even with their car seats in there.

get the supercrew with a 5.5' box, throw a tonneau cover on it and you're good to go. has locking storage in the back and lots of passenger space in the front.

and it's pretty easy on the eyes. my opinion may be a little bias though.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa409/steven_nguyen25/20170502_160450%202_zpsqwxcd2wi.jpg (http://s1196.photobucket.com/user/steven_nguyen25/media/20170502_160450%202_zpsqwxcd2wi.jpg.html)

Jonathanl10
05-05-2017, 11:32 AM
Yup, the second I saw 50k new or 40k used with suggestions of German sedans being too small, I immediately thought of Honda Pilot or something in that range...

gpomp
05-05-2017, 11:43 AM
VW Golf Alltrack

roll_over
05-05-2017, 12:17 PM
I was in a similar boat as you for my family vehicle. I even tried to use a Rapide S for a short period of time and it just didn't work.

I ended up settling for an E63, it fits one seat forward facing and another rear facing with lots of room. Both are Peg perego seats which I don't think are the slimmest. It handles well in winter with good tires and I've driven it through some of the worst conditions with little issues.

I'm thinking of selling it soon here and going back to a 2 seater since I've only put car seats in it a few times and usually rely on the SUV for family duties. PM me if you're interested.

never
05-05-2017, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by roll_over
I was in a similar boat as you for my family vehicle. I even tried to use a Rapide S for a short period of time and it just didn't work.

I ended up settling for an E63, it fits one seat forward facing and another rear facing with lots of room. Both are Peg perego seats which I don't think are the slimmest. It handles well in winter with good tires and I've driven it through some of the worst conditions with little issues.

I'm thinking of selling it soon here and going back to a 2 seater since I've only put car seats in it a few times and usually rely on the SUV for family duties. PM me if you're interested.

I'd hate having to settle for an E63!

rage2
05-05-2017, 12:51 PM
Fun to drive and F150. Does not compute.

HiTempguy1
05-05-2017, 01:06 PM

SRT8 Cherokee?

Hallowed_point
05-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
SRT8 Cherokee? Gas pig and an SUV but yes. Can't have it all!

SOAB
05-05-2017, 02:54 PM

lower it, put some coil-overs and shocks on it, sporty tires and rock on!

HiTempguy1
05-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Gas pig and an SUV but yes. Can't have it all!

That was kind of my point with rage saying a F150 wouldn't be fun (even though a lowered, 2wd supercrew with the ecoboost would be a hell of a lot of fun IMO once it was chipped). You can't have it all.

I don't think OP knows what he wants though. A 5 series isn't big enough?? That's a huge car. Maybe the homermobile will work :p

G-ZUS
05-05-2017, 03:15 PM
#firstworldproblems

jwslam
05-05-2017, 03:37 PM
http://www.autobytel.com/car-buying-guides/features/10-cars-with-the-most-rear-legroom-under-50-000-128067/

blitz
05-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Buy a slimmer profile car seat.

Just do this. At least try out different car seats to make sure it's not a problem that can be solved for $200 or so.

eglove
05-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Too concerned with brand and status methinks haha

rage2
05-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by jwslam
http://www.autobytel.com/car-buying-guides/features/10-cars-with-the-most-rear-legroom-under-50-000-128067/
It's not just about legroom, it's about how the rear seats are laid out and angled that determines how far forward the carseat extends over the rear seat and into the "legroom" area.

The B250 has more legroom than a S class short wheel base, but your ass seats much deeper in the S which negates the need of said legroom.

roll_over
05-05-2017, 03:56 PM

That was kind of my point with rage saying a F150 wouldn't be fun (even though a lowered, 2wd supercrew with the ecoboost would be a hell of a lot of fun IMO once it was chipped).

I guess that would be a lot of fun if you had never actually driven a fun car before.

max_boost
05-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by eglove
Too concerned with brand and status methinks haha always a factor in decision making. :D

03ozwhip
05-05-2017, 06:22 PM
wow, leave for a few hours and all the shit comes in lol thanks for the suggestions. I agree with rage, a truck is no fun to me,.

status haha I don't care what anyone thinks, I drive what I like. I've had all kinds of cars and so far the BMW has been my favorite. if it was all about status I wouldn't have an X1 lol

I've looked at what I thought was everything that could work for me and there were other guys that mentioned some good.ideas I didn't think of.

SUVS miht actually be a thing I might have to consider unfortunately. as of right now, I'm just gonna keep what I have until I do some real research.

ExtraSlow
05-05-2017, 07:34 PM
A lot of the SUV's are bigger on the outside, and not larger on the inside, or at least, not in terms of the carseat space.

killramos
05-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Look at the Lexus NX, only small SUV I could stand being in the back of. Kind of fun to drive for what it is. Lots of torque steer and it's definitely a curb side looker.

Cheap as shit lease rates.

revelations
05-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
A lot of the SUV's are bigger on the outside, and not larger on the inside, or at least, not in terms of the carseat space.

:werd:

My bro bought a new Denali SUV and even though its stupid large, the interior space is not that large. Their family of 4 could not travel in that thing with their luggage.

OP realistically, if space is an issue - get a Honda Odyssey and drop a few k into performance mods. It will corner better than most SUVs out there.

roll_over
05-05-2017, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by killramos
Look at the Lexus NX, only small SUV I could stand being in the back of. Kind of fun to drive for what it is. Lots of torque steer and it's definitely a curb side looker.

What's cheap as shit lease rates? I may need something new for my wife soon here and since she can't take care of shit then it needs to be lease.

Aleks
05-08-2017, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by revelations

:werd:

My bro bought a new Denali SUV and even though its stupid large, the interior space is not that large. Their family of 4 could not travel in that thing with their luggage.

OP realistically, if space is an issue - get a Honda Odyssey and drop a few k into performance mods. It will corner better than most SUVs out there.

This, minus the van mods. If X1 is too small, get an Odyssey for her. Then, you're free to get whatever you want for yourself.

shakalaka
05-08-2017, 08:09 AM
Have you looked at the Q5? It seems relatively bigger on the the inside than many other SUV's of its size. We picked up one for the wife and it's a treat to drive. Although we don't have kids so haven't tried fitting a seat at the back but with the amount of room (I fit easily at 6.1 behind my wife who's 5.9) I don't think a seat would be a problem?

EDIT: I see you said no SUV's....lol. Well if you HAVE to go that route, check them out.

shakalaka
05-08-2017, 08:11 AM

We looked at it. Looks like a cheap ass alien ship or something. The ones and curves are ew. I guess tho that's all subjective.

riander5
05-08-2017, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka

We looked at it. Looks like a cheap ass alien ship or something. The ones and curves are ew. I guess tho that's all subjective.

New lexus's are pretty edgy with design... but anythings better than an x1. I cant believe these midget station wagon CUV bastard childs ever find their way off car lots.

Id get a new toyota 4 runner if I were you OP. Those things in TRD spec look awesome

Kavy
05-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by riander5

Id get a new toyota 4 runner if I were you OP. Those things in TRD spec look awesome

I owned one two years ago, my truck fully loaded and towing gets better gas mileage then the 4 runner did just driving around town. Loved the vehicle but 120 bucks for 550km? No thanks.

rage2
05-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by riander5
New lexus's are pretty edgy with design... but anythings better than an x1. I cant believe these midget station wagon CUV bastard childs ever find their way off car lots.
It's a compromise between SUV space/capacity and handling that's closer to a car than an SUV. That's why they're so popular.

The GLC fits this bill as well, drives and handles very close to the C that it's based off of, but it's definitely not big enough for the OP's odd needs. Nor is it cheap enough.

Xtrema
05-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka

I'm ok with the looks but the ride is horrible, even less sporty than Rav4 it's based on.

2018 is coming with adaptive suspension and should fix that.

ExtraSlow
05-08-2017, 09:14 AM
If you want an SUV, the ford edge actually has lots of interior space. I think they look awful, just like all the SUV's do.

killramos
05-08-2017, 09:15 AM

What's cheap as shit lease rates? I may need something new for my wife soon here and since she can't take care of shit then it needs to be lease.

Mine is half a percent for 39 months... I'd call that cheap.

I had a glc300 loaner last weekend. I wasn't really at all impressed. :dunno:

NX has always had adaptive suspension, you just need to go FSport3 to get it. Which is $$$.

Xtrema
05-08-2017, 02:12 PM
I had a glc300 loaner last weekend. I wasn't really at all impressed. :dunno:

All the 300s are there to appease older MB owners who find AMG products' ride is too rough or seat too hard. It's traditional luxury.

Ukyo8
05-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Brand new 2017 Cadillac XT5 AWD, Fully loaded luxury model.
MSRP is about $60,000 should be able to pick one up for about $46,000

killramos
05-08-2017, 02:20 PM
For sure, it was slow and boring af. Very floaty.

I didn't really use it much though, drove it to and from the golf course and downtown to work one day.

The back seats seemed fine? Just feels like a lot of money for what it is.

HiTempguy1
05-08-2017, 02:32 PM

I guess that would be a lot of fun if you had never actually driven a fun car before.

:rolleyes: Get over yourself. If you can't derive pleasure from a 450hp rwd vehicle, then I think your fun meter needs to be calibrated.

Because certainly Calgary/Albertan drivers are deriving pleasure from how well their MB's and BMW's dodge potholes in this province :rofl:

Fuck Beyond is getting ridiculous with its snobbery. :nut:

rage2
05-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Some people value driving fun more than just horsepower. I mean if OP really cared about power, he wouldn't love his X1. :rofl:

ExtraSlow
05-08-2017, 02:46 PM
I've never had a vehicle that I didn't think was fun to drive. Even my 1980 Lincoln Town car with the 302 in it. That thing was slooooowww, but it put a smile on my face every time.

Aleks
05-08-2017, 03:34 PM
For sure, it was slow and boring af. Very floaty.

I didn't really use it much though, drove it to and from the golf course and downtown to work one day.

The back seats seemed fine? Just feels like a lot of money for what it is.

GLC and NX aren't in the same class I don't think. NX is GLA, X1 competitor I thought, while GLC is X3, RX class.

Was there a sport mode in the Merc that needed to be selected? Should be quite a bit faster than NX in a straight line.

killramos
05-08-2017, 03:49 PM
To clarify I wasn't trying to compare the NX to the GLC, definitely different cars.

Responding to multiple posts at once is all.

Neither are really my cup of tea just that I found NX to be a pleasent surprise. Unrelated I also didn't think the glc was that special. Sport mode wasn't that much better when I tried it.

Aleks
05-08-2017, 03:52 PM
To clarify I wasn't trying to compare the NX to the GLC, definitely different cars.

Responding to multiple posts at once is all.

Neither are really my cup of tea just that I found NX to be a pleasent surprise. Unrelated I also didn't think the glc was that special. Sport mode wasn't that much better when I tried it.

I see, they are all too small anyway for what OP is looking for.

roll_over
05-08-2017, 06:15 PM

:rolleyes: Get over yourself. If you can't derive pleasure from a 450hp rwd vehicle, then I think your fun meter needs to be calibrated.

Because certainly Calgary/Albertan drivers are deriving pleasure from how well their MB's and BMW's dodge potholes in this province :rofl:

Fuck Beyond is getting ridiculous with its snobbery. :nut:

Doesn't make anyone a snob to not think a pickup truck is a fun car to drive. IDGAF what you do to it, it's still gonna handle like shit.

Hallowed_point
05-09-2017, 07:49 AM
doesn't make anyone a snob to not think a pickup truck is a fun car to drive. IDGAF what you do to it, it's still gonna handle like shit. :werd:

Aleks
05-09-2017, 08:01 AM
This pulled more g than a 350Z back in the day stock for stock. So, there's always a way. I remember this truck from back in the day, owned by a beyond OG.

http://illmotion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/5629849142_2baac38caa_o.jpg

rage2
05-09-2017, 08:27 AM
I don't think that has enough rear room, so it doesn't count. :rofl:

CivicDXR
05-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
This pulled more g than a 350Z back in the day stock for stock. So, there's always a way. I remember this truck from back in the day, owned by a beyond OG.

http://illmotion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/5629849142_2baac38caa_o.jpg
Oh man I miss my X-Runner, brings back memories at Race City seeing this pic... it cornered VERY well, and even more so after I lowered it another 2 inches, one of the more fun vehicles I've ever owned. But rage2 is right, rear room was pretty much non-existant, unless you wanna put the kids in the rear bed. :nut:

jwslam
05-09-2017, 10:09 AM
I don't think that has enough rear room, so it doesn't count. :rofl:
Aren't there short cabs where the rear seats are sideways? That would solve the kicking driver's seat issue :rofl:

I doubt it's legal to put car seats in them though, nor would they be configured to take car seats in the first place...

Aleks
05-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR

Oh man I miss my X-Runner, brings back memories at Race City seeing this pic... it cornered VERY well, and even more so after I lowered it another 2 inches, one of the more fun vehicles I've ever owned. But rage2 is right, rear room was pretty much non-existant, unless you wanna put the kids in the rear bed. :nut:

Bed Ryder makes seats for the bed. Not sure if the airbags are included though.

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/16445405+w660+h495+cr1/163_0908_product_spotlight_02z%2Bbedryder%2Btruck_bed_seat_kits.jpg

SkiBum5.0
05-09-2017, 01:12 PM
^ I want a pair of those...

seats

03ozwhip
06-19-2017, 04:25 PM
there's a lot of shit going on in this thread lol I forgot about it, I've been too busy working to think about looking at vehicles.
rage2 it's not the most powerful vehicle I've had but it's dinan stage 2+ so it's pretty fucking fun. i will miss it if i decide to get rid of it.

so I've taken out a 13 and 14 BMW X5, one with the 35i and the other a 50i. I liked the 50i power better but the 35i options and better reliability have me leaning towards it...

we all know I won't keep it for very long, so why fight it. what are my best options for financing...or should I just lease newer.

what is the real benefit to a 7 year finance over a 5 year apart from the obvious cost bi-weekly/monthly being that I will probably keep it less than 5 years and definitely less than 7.

am I missing anything I should be thinking about? TIA. also, yes, I know it's a boring SUV. later, I will be making a new thread about what I can buy for myself....wife says so lkl

edit: can I negotiate extended warranties? I'm not sure what else to think about...

max_boost
06-19-2017, 04:50 PM
Have them toss in some extended warranty and service work so you don't even have to worry about it.

heavyD
06-19-2017, 09:24 PM
VW Atlas should be in the price range. It's big and but likely not overly sporty and the 2.0L is probably working pretty hard but it's got a lot of features.

Xtrema
06-20-2017, 09:27 AM
VW Atlas should be in the price range. It's big and but likely not overly sporty and the 2.0L is probably working pretty hard but it's got a lot of features.

I'm sure you can have it with 3.6L VR6.

flipstah
06-20-2017, 10:06 AM
I'm sure you can have it with 3.6L VR6.

ganesh
06-20-2017, 12:43 PM
there's a lot of shit going on in this thread lol I forgot about it, I've been too busy working to think about looking at vehicles.
rage2 it's not the most powerful vehicle I've had but it's dinan stage 2+ so it's pretty fucking fun. i will miss it if i decide to get rid of it.

so I've taken out a 13 and 14 BMW X5, one with the 35i and the other a 50i. I liked the 50i power better but the 35i options and better reliability have me leaning towards it...

we all know I won't keep it for very long, so why fight it. what are my best options for financing...or should I just lease newer.

what is the real benefit to a 7 year finance over a 5 year apart from the obvious cost bi-weekly/monthly being that I will probably keep it less than 5 years and definitely less than 7.

am I missing anything I should be thinking about? TIA. also, yes, I know it's a boring SUV. later, I will be making a new thread about what I can buy for myself....wife says so lkl

edit: can I negotiate extended warranties? I'm not sure what else to think about...

I believe BMW has a 'Private Sale' tomorrow. If you want to take advantage of it.
If you are buying new and going to keep it less than 5 years, why do you want extended warranty?

03ozwhip
06-20-2017, 02:49 PM
I believe BMW has a 'Private Sale' tomorrow. If you want to take advantage of it.
If you are buying new and going to keep it less than 5 years, why do you want extended warranty?
a private sale hey....ill have to look into that. maybe I didn't word it right, I don't want to buy new, if I did I wouldn't get extended warranty, just for a 13/14 with the warranty already expiring.

rage2
06-20-2017, 02:58 PM
I was invited to that, but the deals are terrible. $1k delivery credit on 2018 4 series GC (what I was shopping for). MY2017 incentives only on 320i, X1 and 530i. I won't be going back there until I see some real clearance incentives on 2017's.

ganesh
06-20-2017, 03:59 PM
a private sale hey....ill have to look into that. maybe I didn't word it right, I don't want to buy new, if I did I wouldn't get extended warranty, just for a 13/14 with the warranty already expiring.
Check your PM

03ozwhip
06-20-2017, 04:03 PM
ganesh I didn't get a PM

ganesh
06-20-2017, 04:04 PM
ganesh I didn't get a PM

Just PM'd you 03ozwhip

tonytiger55
06-20-2017, 04:06 PM
Just thought I'd throw in a different angle. OP You have a good budget and choices a lot of people don't have.

If your wife and kid are in the vehicle, perhaps picking something with more attuned to safety being the primary feature?

I had a similar discussion with my sister and brother in law in the UK as they have a baby girl. After our chat, he put he ego aside and bought a Volvo.

I hate to be the guy that says this. I know people are talking on this thread about about power/ hp etc. But if my wife and child are in the vehicle, fuck the brand, pick something that has the best feature that might help them survive if they are involved in a accident..

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/TSP-List

blownz
06-20-2017, 04:21 PM
Just thought I'd throw in a different angle. OP You have a good budget and choices a lot of people don't have.

If your wife and kid are in the vehicle, perhaps picking something with more attuned to safety being the primary feature?

I had a similar discussion with my sister and brother in law in the UK as they have a baby girl. After our chat, he put he ego aside and bought a Volvo.

I hate to be the guy that says this. I know people are talking on this thread about about power/ hp etc. But if my wife and child are in the vehicle, fuck the brand, pick something that has the best feature that might help them survive if they are involved in a accident..

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/TSP-List

This is definitely something work considering. My wife has always been in a 4 year old or newer SUV and not a compact. She was broad sided on the passenger side a few years ago by a Honda Civic and the Civic driver left in an ambulance and my wife "could" have driven home. My kids barely knew what happened (several years later with no issues...) but the Civic was a write off and the Expedition had $18K of damage, which was just two damaged doors.

I would always buy newer and a lower end vehicle if it is something my kids will be in over having a "fancier" vehicle but older. Safety has gotten much better over the years.

03ozwhip
06-20-2017, 04:32 PM
glad things worked out there. however again with the ego thing lol tonytiger55 I hear what you're saying but ego has nothing to do with it.

being a car guy does. I'm sure that the rest of the guys on here agree that a minivan or truck isn't their first go to choice of vehicle no matter how safe they might be.

I'm also positive that what I'm looking at will be just as good as most anything else on the road as far as safety goes. i like to have a nice car, im a car guy. im not looking for something that I will regret buying.

Xtrema
06-20-2017, 04:47 PM

What wrong with a Volvo? ;)

https://youtu.be/FayKAK3Qg2o

03ozwhip
06-20-2017, 08:40 PM
has anyone dealt with Bavaria BMW in Edmonton?

ganesh
06-20-2017, 08:44 PM

Nope but stay away from Edmonton BMW at any cost. Absolutely the worst dealership in AB.

shakalaka
06-20-2017, 09:42 PM
I was invited to that, but the deals are terrible. $1k delivery credit on 2018 4 series GC (what I was shopping for). MY2017 incentives only on 320i, X1 and 530i. I won't be going back there until I see some real clearance incentives on 2017's.

I am getting a pretty sick deal on a 2017 440i xDrive GC, but out in Vancouver. Heading out this weekend to get rid of the M3. Let me know if you need the guy's information. He is one of the top guys for BMW in entire Canada and even beat what my local guy that I have purchased 3 BMW's from in 2 years could do. rage2

03ozwhip - same applies to you. I would have sworn by my guy in Edmonton at Bavaria 2 weeks ago, until I got hooked up with this guy in Vancouver. Like I said, driving out this weekend. If you what you're specifically looking at is at Bavaria then my guy there is quite good as well. Message me.

03ozwhip
06-20-2017, 10:59 PM
I am getting a pretty sick deal on a 2017 440i xDrive GC, but out in Vancouver. Heading out this weekend to get rid of the M3. Let me know if you need the guy's information. He is one of the top guys for BMW in entire Canada and even beat what my local guy that I have purchased 3 BMW's from in 2 years could do. rage2

03ozwhip - same applies to you. I would have sworn by my guy in Edmonton at Bavaria 2 weeks ago, until I got hooked up with this guy in Vancouver. Like I said, driving out this weekend. If you what you're specifically looking at is at Bavaria then my guy there is quite good as well. Message me.
I'll check out their inventory. what dealer is it? shakalaka

Gestalt
06-21-2017, 12:24 AM
Hard to beat Toyota. We looked hard at an Avalon Hybrid before settling on the E250 for her. Had we had kids, the Avalon would have definately got the first choice (more drivng, IHS TSP, best mileage, most reliable). We also looked at the V8 Genesis, but the Avalon had more rear leg room, and I just couldn't pay that for a Hyundai even with 430hp

jaylo
06-21-2017, 08:28 AM

Got a contact from Bavaria, I'll PM you.

rage2
06-21-2017, 08:28 AM
Can you PM me the dealer and the deal you got please? Thanks.

I like the 440i xDrive GC, not my top choice, but if there's a decent deal on it it'd make a good stop gap car for me.

ganesh
06-21-2017, 08:32 AM

Are you dealing with Cary Lau @ Brian Jessel ?

jaylo
06-21-2017, 08:37 AM
[/ATTACH]

Gone for a test drive on these to find out what the hype is all about and here's a summary in my opinion:

Cons:
-Rides and handles like a boat/minivan (not sure what suspension they use, it feels "floaty" even with 20" wheels, 235's I think which is super narrow, fuel savings maybe?)
-Seats feel super-stiff, but suspension compensates for the harshness.
-Giant A-Pillar, tiny front visibility because of the windshield angle and height.
-VR6 is going to be a pig in gasoline, but does take Regular.
-Start of official production Week 27, expect custom order arriving close to end of 2017.

Plus:
-Amazing price point compared to what is out there.
-2nd Row space is unbelievable, and the rear door opening is massive (look how big the rear door is)
-Respectable 3rd Row space.
-Lots of "standard" features for the price or package you choose.
-Manly, conservative styling
-Panoramic roof
-Tiny diameter steering wheel from Passat/Golf, turning radius is respectable
-Eco, Normal, Sport, Custom modes
-It is long 198.2" or 16.5'

shakalaka
06-21-2017, 10:41 AM
Are you dealing with Cary Lau @ Brian Jessel ?

Nope, the guy's name is Neil Shah at The BMW Store.

rx7boi
06-21-2017, 10:55 AM
Damn, buying in BC with the extra 7% tax and still making it worth purchasing there instead of AB. Nice!

ganesh
06-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Damn, buying in BC with the extra 7% tax and still making it worth purchasing there instead of AB. Nice!
You will only pay the GST. As long as you have a AB licence you won't pay the 7%

rage2
06-21-2017, 11:26 AM
You don't pay extra tax if it's being registered in Alberta.

SkiBum5.0
06-21-2017, 01:02 PM
Did we skip over shakalala getting another new car!?!

shakalaka
06-21-2017, 02:08 PM

What they said above. No extra taxes as I am not leaving it in BC.

Did we skip over shakalala getting another new car!?!

Lol, it doesn't surprise anyone anymore. Plus this time, I am actually downgrading so it's nothing worth talking about.

03ozwhip
06-21-2017, 02:34 PM

Lol, it doesn't surprise anyone anymore. Plus this time, I am actually downgrading so it's nothing worth talking about.
congrats on the new shitty car then lol

colinxx235
06-21-2017, 03:42 PM

Out of curiosity, why switch from the M?? such a sick car :drool:

03ozwhip
06-25-2017, 06:20 PM
well I pulled the trigger on something meh on fun but ticks all the rest of the boxes aside from price, spent alot more than i was looking to spend lol. I guess I'll get something fun for myself later.

pics to come after I pick it up. also, if anyone is interested, my Work wheels are up for trade in the marketplace.

zhao
06-25-2017, 08:59 PM
I also bought my 335i out of BC (langley BMW) last year because the price and I'd do it again. Fly in to abbotsford and on the road in an hour. BC roads are a good way to try out a new car too.

They weren't the only 'vancouver' dealership willing to deal far harder than Alberta.

Team_Mclaren
06-26-2017, 03:49 AM
i can understand going to Edm, but BC?! for a BMW that's not limited in volume?! That's got to be a store in AB that'd do that deal?!:dunno:

rx7boi
06-27-2017, 11:32 AM
You will only pay the GST. As long as you have a AB licence you won't pay the 7%

You don't pay extra tax if it's being registered in Alberta.

Ah, thanks fellas! Learn something new everyday!

PS: congrats on the new car 03ozwhip :D

bjstare
06-27-2017, 11:38 AM
What'd you end up buying?

phreezee
06-27-2017, 12:39 PM
So what's the deal on the 440i? Group buy? :)

03ozwhip
06-27-2017, 04:49 PM
well I haven't taken delivery hey, I just need to sign the papers and ill pick it up when im home next week.

2015 X5 35i
every available option except rear DVD and 3rd row seating. this is the only pic o have of it right now...
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/Screenshot_20170623-170430_zpsijs9ym8p.png (http://s148.photobucket.com/user/cory_mr2/media/Screenshot_20170623-170430_zpsijs9ym8p.png.html)

max_boost
06-27-2017, 05:03 PM
wow. very nice.

ganesh
06-27-2017, 05:03 PM
Congrats 03ozwhip

zhao
06-27-2017, 07:59 PM
i can understand going to Edm, but BC?! for a BMW that's not limited in volume?! That's got to be a store in AB that'd do that deal?!:dunno:

You'd think that, but when I bought mine, nope. No one wanted to negotiate hard in Alberta at that time, which I found interesting because that is when shit was hitting the fan with the economy (i was in one bmw dealership saturday around 4pm, which is usually the time the place is packed, and i was the only customer in the building).

I made an offer at Edmonton BMW that they blew me out the door on. No counter negotiating, just we are going to refund your deposit and buh bye. I ended up making that same offer over the phone with langley and they accepted it as is (technically on a car with more options too). Going to BC saved me probably 4g. I was also looking for something very specific. Basically must be rwd, black interior (i'd have considered red), no wood grain trim; piano black or aluminum only, only colors i'd consider are white, silver, red, and must be a sport package.

When I negotiated on a 135i years ago, bavaria ended up being the cheapest though, and the least greasy to deal with (7.2% off that time and no fees on our choice of a special order or one that just hit their lot that week, when everyone else was more like 6% off or worse on something that's been on their lot awhile.