PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some CO2

spike98
05-05-2017, 06:30 PM
So I picked up a kegerator to maximize my beer intake for the summer and I can't seem to find a place to fill my CO2 bottle. Paintball places max out at 20oz. Liquor stores have no idea. Canadian tire doesnt do it anymore. I'm at a loss.

Praxair said they would do it but for $60 and it's takes 3 days.

There has to be some home Brewers or guys with keg systems that get it in small quantities.

phreezee
05-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Sprouse Fire & Safety but it takes a week.

ExtraSlow
05-05-2017, 07:33 PM
Where did you get your kegerator? I don't know the answer, but I'm interested in the answer.

Darell_n
05-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Buy beer gas, do it right.

AndyL
05-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Wasn't it coke bottling plant up by sunridge that did co2 fills?

ExtraSlow
05-05-2017, 08:26 PM
Isn't beer gas only for things like Guinness? Even so, where can you buy beer gas?

z24_wheels
05-05-2017, 09:57 PM
I fill my 10 lb CO2 tank for my keezer at Sprouse for $27. Plus the girl at the front desk is hawt. It took 3 days for my last fill.

spike98
05-06-2017, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Where did you get your kegerator? I don't know the answer, but I'm interested in the answer.

Picked it up on Amazon. It's by Danby. Seems well constructed. It's a complete kit. You can build one yourself but it's my first jump into something like this and just wanted to keep it simple. They also sell the same one at Costco on thier website

Originally posted by Darell_n
Buy beer gas, do it right.

It messes with the beer and is likely a lot more expensive.

Originally posted by z24_wheels
I fill my 10 lb CO2 tank for my keezer at Sprouse for $27. Plus the girl at the front desk is hawt. It took 3 days for my last fill.

After a bit of research, the vinyard does a swap. I might give them a shot but I might pop into Sprouse to price check....you know to be thorough.

Darell_n
05-06-2017, 07:56 AM
If you rent or lease a tank from them, Praxair should swap it on the spot. That's the problem with owning your own tank.

ercchry
05-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Sprouce I think is the only food grade in town... haven't filled my in years though, but they didn't like my tank and I had to get a new one from them... same day turn around though

schurchill39
05-10-2017, 09:26 AM
We run beer gas in ours at work because that is what the guys at BBS systems recommended when they converted once of our lunch room fridges into a kegerator :dunno:

TurboMedic
05-10-2017, 09:54 AM
I get my tanks filled at Innovative Fire and Safety, formerly the Recharge Center, at 5622 Burleigh Crescent SE #5. I think it was around $30, I pay extra to do the swaps instead of driving back. C02 is majorly overpriced here in Calgary. FWIW I recall the tanks the Vineyard swaps are just sent there as well, so you're cutting out the middleman

spike98
05-10-2017, 11:12 AM
Im going to drop by Innovative this afternoon. The guy over a kegworx recommended them. He was super helpful. Wont be going to the Vineyard for anything. When i spoke to him, he sounded like a pretentious douche and was rude.

TurboMedic
05-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by spike98
Im going to drop by Innovative this afternoon. The guy over a kegworx recommended them. He was super helpful. Wont be going to the Vineyard for anything. When i spoke to him, he sounded like a pretentious douche and was rude.

Yah, don't use the Vineyard for anything at all. Been in there a couple of times where the owners were on the brink of killing each other, yelling in the back, swearing at each other, etc. Plus they've never been overly helpful or friendly to customers, just business in and out.

On the other hand, Grapes to Glass, which is closer to my house, caters to the beer crowd much better. Really helpful, the owner is usually always there and is personable, gives advice, has a great grain room with selection plus a mill (if you don't have one), tons of stock. Better business all day long

Zero102
05-10-2017, 08:45 PM
I'll second staying away from the vineyard - I have called them 3 times looking for things and they were rude as fuck, condescending and totally unpleasant to deal with.

I personally use the recharge center (who have apparently changed their name since the last time I was in there). They were super friendly and when there was a problem getting a valve for my 50 year old tank they gave me a free loaner until it came in. They're kinda out of the way but I would gladly deal with them again.