PDA

View Full Version : Muay Thai/boxing equipment in Calgary?

J-hop
05-27-2017, 06:05 PM
Where do you guys go?

I went to two stores today -kicks in bowness and fight styles in the visions sports center.

Both only had a single pair of 16oz gloves (and were no name brand). They had lots of 12 and 14s but no 16s.

Looking for fairtex, twins, maybe even hayabusa although their styles are a bit out there.

Also would like new Thai boxing shorts so a place that sells Muay Thai specific would be nice.

I'm thinking I might have to go to a local gym?

jabjab
05-29-2017, 07:11 AM
Amazon or Ebay. I found my Cleto Reyes headgear the cheapest on Amazon and I found my Twins gloves on Ebay (directly from Thailand) for cheaper than any store locally.

SOAB
05-29-2017, 08:15 AM
i know the gym my kids go to sells muay thai shorts and equipment. not sure on brand though.

place is called elite mma and they are down south.

J-hop
05-29-2017, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. Figured I'd have to go online or to a gym after the two stores I checked had almost nothing. Seems it is still too niche of a market. I used to train at a gym and bought all of my stuff through them but now I train semi privately so I don't have that handy option anymore

darthVWader
05-29-2017, 01:46 PM
I started Muay Thai just over a year ago now. I'm finding it super hard to find shorts that fit. (I'm 6' 255). My gym has gear but not my size (Arashi do Springbank). I would like to support my gym but with them not having my sizes I have resorted to the web. The sizing is a complete gamble and frustrating.

J-hop
06-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Finally got some new gloves, just twins specials. From bellegarde's dragon (airdrie martial arts)

bh87
06-09-2017, 01:02 PM
I bought my gloves (Twins) and shin pads (Top King) from this website:

muaythai-fighting.com (https://www.muaythai-fighting.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwjunJBRDzl6iCpoKS4G0SJACJAx-VeKmvPKRMPBkQSCeJhZLqg9CaHmr7bQfomaCHDMe0ChoCUCvw_wcB)

Came direct from Thailand in less than 2 weeks, better price than I could find locally and more selection. I haven't bought clothing from them but their sizing guides were very accurate for the shin pads.

Another site I liked and would've used if the above wasn't cheaper is:
MuayThaiStuff.com (http://www.muaythaistuff.com/)