PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why amazon doesn't ship to post office anymore?

Sonic
06-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Anyone know why Amazon.ca stopped shipping to post offices?

I liked to ship it there because I'm paranoid of my packages being taken off my doorstep.

Rarasaurus
06-01-2017, 10:11 PM
They stopped using Canada post in many cases. They are trying their own in house shipping and distribution

ExtraSlow
06-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Relax, if it's stolen off your doorstep, just tell amazon you didn't get it, and they'll send you a new one. Zero risk to you.

lasimmon
06-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Stopped as of when?

Had things shipped last week to a post office.

JaffX
06-02-2017, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by lasimmon
Stopped as of when?

Had things shipped last week to a post office.

Amazon switched to Intelcom when Canada Post was about to go on strike a few months ago.

schocker
06-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Still shows up as a shipping option for me on the checkout page :dunno:

lasimmon
06-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by JaffX

Amazon switched to Intelcom when Canada Post was about to go on strike a few months ago.

How does that change the fact I can still ship things to the post office for pick up?

Sonic
06-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Hmmm, really weird, I'll have to play around again then...I had Creekside PO and the PO in Airdrie set up and everytime I click it it says it won't ship there, I've tried a cell phone and yesterday I needed a car part. :dunno:

HHURICANE1
06-02-2017, 11:34 AM
I still get stuff Canada Post all the time.

NoPulp
06-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by schocker
Still shows up as a shipping option for me on the checkout page :dunno:
+1 ordered last night and had the option.

J-D
06-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Sonic
Hmmm, really weird, I'll have to play around again then...I had Creekside PO and the PO in Airdrie set up and everytime I click it it says it won't ship there, I've tried a cell phone and yesterday I needed a car part. :dunno:

Is it sold by a 3rd party? When I get stuff on amazon from China it won't let me choose the PO

Mitsu3000gt
06-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Amazon definitely still uses Canada Post. My last 3-4 orders were all Canada Post.

Sugarphreak
06-02-2017, 01:43 PM

Mitsu3000gt
06-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I've had both CP and their own curious. They actually delivered on a Sunday for one package that I ordered through prime, our concierge was a bit stunned, haha.

Same here - got a call last Saturday wondering why I wasn't at the office to receive my package haha. Can't really complain, they are definitely on the ball. Also impressed that they called me instead of just leaving it somewhere. Their own courier is way better than CP.

Sonic
06-02-2017, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by J-D

Is it sold by a 3rd party? When I get stuff on amazon from China it won't let me choose the PO

Nope, I'm ordering this Orbic Slim phone and it says sold and shipped by amazon.ca

Mitsu3000gt
06-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Just ship to your workplace, or someone you know's workplace and it will be guaranteed received.

Tik-Tok
06-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Their own courier is way better than CP.

Lol, This thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/401047/intelcom-courier-canada-inc-/) says otherwise. Good to see they're stepping up their game though. Must have gotten a lot of grief from Amazon.

Mitsu3000gt
06-02-2017, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Lol, This thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/401047/intelcom-courier-canada-inc-/) says otherwise. Good to see they're stepping up their game though. Must have gotten a lot of grief from Amazon.

There's a decent amount of praise in that thread too.

As someone who often does over 100 amazon orders a year, I have never had a problem with Intelcom. I suspect most people's bad experiences with them are isolated or bad luck. Canada Post is by far the worst, and whenever I have an issue it's Canada Post. #1 reason I started ordering everything to my workplace is because they don't even try to get a hold of you, they would just leave the notice on the door so they don't have to do anything, and make you go pick it up at the post office.

jwslam
06-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Nope, I'm ordering this Orbic Slim phone and it says sold and shipped by amazon.ca
Are you using it for a travel phone? I've got this I'll sell you for $80
https://www.amazon.ca/BLU-Energy-2-Factory-Packaging-Compatible/dp/B01BLPQRP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496436357&sr=8-1&keywords=blu+energy+x2

drtoohotty1
06-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I've had both CP and their own delivery people. They actually delivered on a Sunday for one package that I ordered through prime, our concierge was a bit stunned, haha.

Same with me, ordered on a Thursday and was sitting on the couch Sunday thinking who's at my door?? Behold my 7 dollar drain valve shows up.:rofl:

ZenOps
06-02-2017, 03:13 PM
My last amazon order got shipped with IntelCom.

Ridiculously quick, even though I'm not a prime member and I went with the "free" slow ship method.

ExtraSlow
06-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Lol, This thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/401047/intelcom-courier-canada-inc-/) says otherwise.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
There's a decent amount of praise in that thread too.Intellcom is fine for me. Get a couple packages every week from them, zero issues.

Sonic
06-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

Are you using it for a travel phone? I've got this I'll sell you for $80
https://www.amazon.ca/BLU-Energy-2-Factory-Packaging-Compatible/dp/B01BLPQRP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496436357&sr=8-1&keywords=blu+energy+x2

Yes and also to use here too, so it has to be cheap and something I like.

Sorry not liking the look of that phone, thanks though.

So apparently it won't ship to me if it's coming from outside Canada?!? For example, the window regulator is from Turkey, and the Orbic Slim is from the US?! I ordered my wedding bands off amazon.ca but it says sold and shipped by amazon.ca.

Ya no this still makes no fucking sense :banghead: :banghead: sent them an email for explanation.

Thanks all.

jwslam
06-05-2017, 09:46 AM
I ordered my wedding bands off amazon.ca but it says sold and shipped by amazon.ca.

Ya no this still makes no fucking sense :banghead: :banghead: sent them an email for explanation.

Thanks all.
Double check on the seller maybe. Some sneaky sellers are using "amazn.ca" or "amzaon.ca" etc.