PDA

View Full Version : ASET Salary Survey

vengie
06-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Pretty simple question, but does anyone have access to the most recent ASET Salary Survey?

Thanks.

dandia89
06-05-2017, 04:45 PM
This is frustrating that it's not public information. I don't know about ASET, but APEGA has recently restricted their salary survey. Part of the ethics of being an engineer is to be fairly paid for your work, yet they limit the salary average. It's especially needed in this economy

Neil4Speed
06-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by dandia89
This is frustrating that it's not public information. I don't know about ASET, but APEGA has recently restricted their salary survey. Part of the ethics of being an engineer is to be fairly paid for your work, yet they limit the salary average. It's especially needed in this economy

Limit the Salary Average?...

Also, isn't it available as a member of APEGA?

ExtraSlow
06-05-2017, 04:53 PM
The full report now costs money unless you are one of the member companies who helps create the report by reporting your employees information.
As far as I know, there is no way for individual members to access the full report.

You can get the Summary of the report for free by download from
https://www.apega.ca/about-apega/publications/salary-survey/

TheCheff
06-05-2017, 06:16 PM
I have access to it. Let me know what you need.

edit - I never really looked into the salary survey myself, apparently a 0-4 year C.E.T average salary is $79,720. This is not including overtime or bonuses. This seems very high to be an average, I would think this is a little BS.

This may be a little confusing though, is it 4 years after your CET which would be 6(if you were very efficient at acquiring your CET) or is it 0-4 years overall experience?

zieg
06-05-2017, 09:23 PM
It should be overall experience. And the way it's broken out can be a little confusing. That 79k might be avg for a 0-4y cet in all of the province, meaning the guys up north are pulling the average up compared with everyone else. Industry also makes a difference. AFAIK, you can't really get, say, average salary of a [experience level] [designation] in [city] in [industry]. They can do custom reports upon request, though.

Dumbass17
06-05-2017, 09:58 PM
It's useless.
Kinda like when interviewers ask you "what is your salary expectation?"... Then you look it up and it shows a range of 30-130k.
Reminds me of... We need a new grad with 25 years experience.

HiTempguy1
06-06-2017, 05:28 AM
Think of it this way, who self reports (company or individual) shitty low incomes? Nobody.

The averages are quite high. And especially if it is companies doing the reporting, only (surprise) larger companies with HR staffs are going to have the ability to submit this info realistically. Very low priority for small companies.

Add in all the other issues mentioned, and at best its a guide to start at asking for and negotiate down from.