PDA

View Full Version : possible for SIP phones to call each other (within lan) local extension ? (Yealink

thetransporter
06-14-2017, 04:03 PM
Hi,
I have two Yealink YEA-SIP-T38G SIP phones

is it possible for them to phone each other without using a gateway (leaving LAN as I do have voip.ms) configured on them for dialing out.

e31
06-15-2017, 08:56 AM
Yes, but you'll be needing a PBX for that functionality. You can install Asterix on a variety of home routers that support custom firmware.

Zhariak
06-15-2017, 12:42 PM
Most SIP phones allow you to place SIP calls to other phones without the use of any gateway or PBX. You'll need to find a way to dial by IP. Might have to log in to phone web interface and program a shortcut.

thetransporter
06-15-2017, 05:49 PM
Most SIP phones allow you to place SIP calls to other phones without the use of any gateway or PBX. You'll need to find a way to dial by IP. Might have to log in to phone web interface and program a shortcut.

thank you and others that posted.

it was really easy like you said i just created a phone book entry in the Web GUI of a name and ip address of the phone. that was all.

thetransporter
06-29-2017, 01:24 PM

Hi you are pretty smart, instead of me making a new thread do you know if TELUS business internet (not the managed stuff) would allow to be use my own ip addresses from ARIN? (i think they call it advertise) i asked many times when i called it but they dont know what i am talking about. (over seas)