PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes Servicing

s2k_boi
06-16-2017, 05:33 PM
Hi, any MB owners have preferences on which dealer to service their cars? Been working with DT and not super impressed at this point and seeing if Lone Star or maybe the new one in the north is better(if they're opened)....? Or they horrible like BMW too?

Thanks!

ianmcc
06-16-2017, 06:08 PM
Following...

flipstah
06-16-2017, 07:28 PM
Same. What happened to DT Mercedes?

I did my own A service and will do my own brake job, but will most likely get it done through the dealer for the B service.

TYMSMNY
06-16-2017, 08:43 PM
Lone Star experience here. Good dealership, the work is good, but have good and bad services/interactions with my SA. Actually had a tech try to ream me out because I was asking for an estimated time it would be done (they notified me at 4pm on a Friday that they needed to keep it over the weekend), and the tech went nuts about how he wasn't getting paid at that very moment while working on my car (4:20pm).

Thought about doing my services up at the new dealership but it's on the opposite side of the city for me.

are you looking to service a car under warranty or out of?

Tej.S
06-16-2017, 09:20 PM
Haven't had my A service done yet, but I have had my windshield replaced (under warranty), nothing to complain about thus far. The AMG tech there is sort of related to my gf (married to her cousin), so he always treats me well lol.

I have heard horror stories about Lone star, so depending on how A service goes, I might switch to the country hills location.

s2k_boi
06-16-2017, 10:23 PM
Lone Star experience here. Good dealership, the work is good, but have good and bad services/interactions with my SA. Actually had a tech try to ream me out because I was asking for an estimated time it would be done (they notified me at 4pm on a Friday that they needed to keep it over the weekend), and the tech went nuts about how he wasn't getting paid at that very moment while working on my car (4:20pm).

Thought about doing my services up at the new dealership but it's on the opposite side of the city for me.

are you looking to service a car under warranty or out of?

In warranty. The new dealership is also opposite side of the city for me... so I'm wondering if they're better to deal with as currently DT isn't great to deal with but heard horror stories for Lonestar as well.

Sorath
06-16-2017, 11:33 PM
Rohit @ lonestar :thumbsdow

max_boost
06-17-2017, 12:14 AM
That feeling of getting bent over whether at Benz or Porsche, I rather get it built into the price so I don't have to think about it (bmw).

flipstah
06-17-2017, 07:51 AM
I believe the new dealership up north isnt open yet.

dj_rice
06-17-2017, 09:20 AM
Should be open in July is what my ex-coworker who left Benz Edmonton and took a position there. Hopefully the market in Calgary is good as I would like to transfer back to Calgary

s2k_boi
06-17-2017, 09:30 AM
Should be open in July is what my ex-coworker who left Benz Edmonton and took a position there. Hopefully the market in Calgary is good as I would like to transfer back to Calgary

If you do. Let me know. Maybe I will get better service from a beyonder haha

s2k_boi
06-17-2017, 09:34 AM
That feeling of getting bent over whether at Benz or Porsche, I rather get it built into the price so I don't have to think about it (bmw).

Lol...it can be built in now at Benz. You can bent over upfront with Pre paid maintenance now :clap:

Xtrema
06-17-2017, 01:48 PM
Rohit @ lonestar :thumbsdow

hmmm, I'll have to say I wasn't fully impressed either. Communication is lacking.

Calgarian
06-23-2017, 08:16 PM
I take mine to DT in Calgary. No issues and always had great service from Mark the Service Advisor. He know s the brand well and drives a C43.

s2k_boi
06-23-2017, 09:12 PM
I take mine to DT in Calgary. No issues and always had great service from Mark the Service Advisor. He know s the brand well and drives a C43.
We don't all get preferential treatment since Marks your son Ian....:poosie:

dj_rice
06-23-2017, 09:20 PM

Hung out with Mark in Vancouver for some MB Training. Mark is hilarious. The guy can drink!

max_boost
06-23-2017, 09:36 PM
We don't all get preferential treatment since Marks your son Ian....:poosie:

lol

Calgarian
06-27-2017, 05:15 PM
Not so sure I get preferential treatment. If anything I have to wait for all of the Beyond Ballers Mercedes' to go through the shop before they work on mine. In all seriousness Mark is a Mercedes enthusiast and an honest individual so give him a try and tell him you're on Beyond and any problems with how you're looked after will get back to me. Pulling the Dad card.
Max btw, when are we going for lunch...LOL