PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for the next Super Mustang?

Pages : [1] 2

Darkane
06-29-2017, 11:22 AM
This has me thinking. The rumour mill for the next Halo Mustang is probably worse than the mid engine corvette right now. I have a couple theories:

1) Ford with their new CEO (who is really an advocate for following the mobility future, NOT performance) will probably castrate R&D for the Ford Performance department.

2) Based on one, Ford will sort of push the next batch of Mustangs to compete with the front engine corvette as a legacy sort of thing.

Now back to rumours.

There was ramblings of an AWD variant but it's been sort of pushed aside. Now what is being pushed along is this:

Mach 1: This could be a NA 5.2-5.4L with 480-515 hp. This could also be a 755hp 5.2 SC package.

GT500/Cobra: Base Gt500 could be a 5.2 SC or a 5L twin turbo. Some people theorize a KR package will show up (think GT350R) with 800+ hp and carbon fibre galore.

Now my favourite and the reason for this thread:

BOSS429 50th Aniversary: FORDs new global 7L V8. It exists and is going in the next HD pickups. This car would be something incredibly special. The last of the last. GM had no issues stating a big cube engine with the HP needed to compete couldn't meet emissions and mpg. FORD might just do this as a legacy thing. It's no secret the next 2021 mustang is going hybrid. This car would have carbon galore,
and likely built to exceed on any track.

So price? That's the poll. What is a "muscle car" worth?

Keep in mind FORD likes raping Canadians in pricing. GT350R 68k USD and 91k CDN.
ZL1 62k USD 70K CDN.

Discuss.

austic
06-29-2017, 03:53 PM
Option for less? I wouldnt pay 50K for a mustang

J-hop
06-29-2017, 04:08 PM
Keep in mind FORD likes raping Canadians in pricing. GT350R 68k USD and 91k CDN.
ZL1 62k USD 70K CDN.

Discuss.

Man if that is true chev is screwing it's American customers.
91k cad = 70k usd for the mustang
70k cad = 54 usd for the ZL1

ercchry
06-29-2017, 04:16 PM

Could be different base options between countries

I'd also not spend that kind of money on a mustang, just not enough really important changes that are difficult to reproduce for less using aftermarket. If they actually did some serious chassis changes, and swapped in expensive light weight materials. It would be a different story

Also the "limited" concept of these models is just so damn diluted with everything they do year after year, it's just a redneck dick swinging competition. The refinement just isn't there for the price, and you can build something faster for much less if that's the only goal

Darkane
06-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Could be different base options between countries

I'd also not spend that kind of money on a mustang, just not enough really important changes that are difficult to reproduce for less using aftermarket. If they actually did some serious chassis changes, and swapped in expensive light weight materials. It would be a different story

Also the "limited" concept of these models is just so damn diluted with everything they do year after year, it's just a redneck dick swinging competition. The refinement just isn't there for the price, and you can build something faster for much less if that's the only goal

What's redneck about the direction Mustangs are going? The GT350 is the Mustang Porsche's GT team would have built.

Darkane
06-29-2017, 04:38 PM
Option for less? I wouldnt pay 50K for a mustang

You don't know what you're missing. It's all personal preference I realize, but this is the best selling global sports car for a reason.

People know that Mustang sold better than 911s in Germany last march, right?

I'm a bit bias but you get the idea.

- - - Updated - - -

It's true, promise.

ercchry
06-29-2017, 04:47 PM
What's redneck about the direction Mustangs are going? The GT350 is the Mustang Porsche's GT team would have built.

The limited edition mustangs are a redneck dick swinging contest... always have been

Gt350 is still a fully steel bodied mustang... with some good suspension and a flat plane crank... I hate how much I bring up the M3... but prime example

Why is the M3 so much more than the 335/340/etc? Well... cause 80% of it has been changed out, real refinement changes... that's what I'm saying. Give better value, and refinement vs what I could build a GT to for the money and I might change my mind. But even when I did actually buy a mustang I went for a base car, almost a $10k savings at the time vs the next step up... which got you some different trim, different gear ratio, stiffer springs, and fog lights... whooptie doo, still taking a bath either way at resale

HiTempguy1
06-29-2017, 05:01 PM
I have to agree, I wouldn't pay $80k for a Mustang OR Camaro. Hell, $80k for a Vette is pushing it.

Darkane
06-29-2017, 05:12 PM
The limited edition mustangs are a redneck dick swinging contest... always have been

Gt350 is still a fully steel bodied mustang... with some good suspension and a flat plane crank... I hate how much I bring up the M3... but prime example

Why is the M3 so much more than the 335/340/etc? Well... cause 80% of it has been changed out, real refinement changes... that's what I'm saying. Give better value, and refinement vs what I could build a GT to for the money and I might change my mind. But even when I did actually buy a mustang I went for a base car, almost a $10k savings at the time vs the next step up... which got you some different trim, different gear ratio, stiffer springs, and fog lights... whooptie doo, still taking a bath either way at resale

The differences in the GT350 are actually substantial. From the A-pillar forward it's a completely different car with aluminum hood, fenders, and the carbon fibre grill opening reinforcement.

Suspension, brakes, wheels entire drivetrain minus the rear pumpkin is different.

Anyway is it worth the price is again personal opinion.

Tej.S
07-08-2017, 08:54 PM
I'd probably pay up to 60k max for a mustang. Full disclosure, I'm a fan of the Europeans, not so much the Americans. However, the current gen mustangs are damn nice imo. They still don't compare in terms of interior quality, but the Americans make some of the best bang for buck performance cars out there. You can't deny that fact, and call yourself a car enthusiast.

M.alex
07-08-2017, 09:19 PM
$100k+ for a mustang? haha, ford can go fvck themselves.

I paid $26k for my 04 cobra. Put on almost 200k kms, make 500rwHP, and only had a TOB go out on me.

Conclusion - used 03/04 or GTFO

Darkane
07-09-2017, 12:29 AM
$100k+ for a mustang? haha, ford can go fvck themselves.

I paid $26k for my 04 cobra. Put on almost 200k kms, make 500rwHP, and only had a TOB go out on me.

Conclusion - used 03/04 or GTFO

Well I'm pretty sure the cobra's new were 45-50 here.

But anyway, cool story bro?

Shlade
07-10-2017, 09:20 AM
I think all those price points are too high for the Mustang. IF Ford ever comes out with an AWD platform id definitely consider it.

I personally haven't driven a newer Mustang but to me they're pretty boring stock unless its the GT350 which on its own is a tough pill to swallow at 80k....

As much as I hate to say it, I probably wont get back in another Mustang anytime soon. Their interior's are so boring on the previous S197 gens. Even the GT500.

I think Chevy has things right with their Camaro. Their exterior styling, and interior is on point... If you can get over the fact that you still cant see shit out the back or side windows.

Mitsu3000gt
07-10-2017, 11:05 AM
You don't know what you're missing. It's all personal preference I realize, but this is the best selling global sports car for a reason.

People know that Mustang sold better than 911s in Germany last march, right?

I'm a bit bias but you get the idea.

What 911 has a base price of $25K? How is that in any way a relevant comparison? Cheaper cars will always be higher volume. I also would not trust a Mustang with my life on the Autobahn haha.

I'm of a similar opinion as others here though - I could never bring myself to pay $50-100K for these cars (Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Challenger). I looked at them again at the car show this year and I can't even imagine what profit margins must be like. Riding in them and driving a few of them I just don't see the value, and neither does the used market. You're basically just buying a bunch of power (which is fine if that's what you want), the rest of the package is just so unrefined and disappointing IMHO. At a certain point it's just too much money regardless of the power when they are wrapping it in a $20K rental car package. I think the high priced performance models need to come down $20-30K to be realistic, but that's just me. The poll needs some cheaper options for some of us to vote :)

benyl
07-10-2017, 11:46 AM
Why is the M3 so much more than the 335/340/etc? Well... cause 80% of it has been changed out, real refinement changes... that's what I'm saying.

I seem to going back to old posts. I can't speak for the latest generation F cars as I haven't been following BMW lately.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177028

The e92 M3 has more than just a few parts that are similar to 335i. The bushing kit by Dinan is nothing more than a M3 kit and I saw the M3 logo on the bushing and part number laser etched on the control arms. You can buy the part for your dealer and below are the part numbers.

Front control arms:

• LEFT TENSION STRUT WITH RUBBER MOUNTING 31102283575
• RIGHT TENSION STRUT WITH RUBBER MOUNTING 31102283576

Rear sub-frame:

• RUBBER MOUNTING FRONT – 33312283382 - Qty 2
• RUBBER MOUNTING REAR – 33312283383 - Qty 2

FWI, the front suspension on e92 is identical with e92 M3, as well as, 90% of the rear suspension. You can literally bolt on an M3 suspension and brakes ect. The only real difference between between cars is the rear track width which is minor and a LSD. This should be of no real surprise.

I measure up the M3 strut bar today and it should fit so I order the parts ( http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...61&hg=51&fg=75 ). This design is superior to any straight cross over bar from a mechanical stiffness point of view and much lighter. You need ever part of the RealOEM listed page and for item #6 you need the 12 mm bolt.

Orb

The front and rear track width is created with lower offset wheels (if you keep reading).

dirtsniffer
07-10-2017, 12:38 PM
the butt hurt is strong in this thread.

ercchry
07-10-2017, 01:02 PM
I seem to going back to old posts. I can't speak for the latest generation F cars as I haven't been following BMW lately.

not sure if supporting or refuting... the 80% figure is strait from the m division engineers on the e90 though

dirtsniffer
07-10-2017, 01:31 PM
fastest LL2 car in lightning lap is the GT350R; which is faster than:

2016 m4 gts
2016 cayman gt4
2017 camaro ss 1le
2017 r8 v10 plus

ercchry
07-10-2017, 01:39 PM
fastest LL2 car in lightning lap is the GT350R; which is faster than:

2016 m4 gts
2016 cayman gt4
2017 camaro ss 1le
2017 r8 v10 plus

The argument was never if it was fast, if you want FAST go build a race car, it's cheaper... it's a value proposition, once you start getting near six figures you need a complete refined driving experience, cause as a street car you have to live with it day to day and chances are it will spend less than 2% of its life actually being used anywhere near its potential

Sugarphreak
07-10-2017, 01:54 PM

Buster
07-10-2017, 01:59 PM
I'd actually have to think hard before deciding between an M4 and a GT350. The new cayman/boxster aren't that interesting to me with the 4 bager, and the turbo muffler.

benyl
07-10-2017, 02:17 PM
not sure if supporting or refuting... the 80% figure is strait from the m division engineers on the e90 though

refuting.

The part numbers don't lie.

I'm not saying that the M3 isn't worth the price difference. I am saying that the premium doesn't get you as much as you might think and it is largely branding.

ercchry
07-10-2017, 02:29 PM
refuting.

The part numbers don't lie.

I'm not saying that the M3 isn't worth the price difference. I am saying that the premium doesn't get you as much as you might think and it is largely branding.

I'm reading that thread as in "here are the M3 part numbers, and the M3 parts will bolt onto the 335" not that they are the same part... in that thread you linked it even goes as far to say that M3 brakes will not bolt up cause even the M3 spindles are different

J-hop
07-10-2017, 05:44 PM
I'm reading that thread as in "here are the M3 part numbers, and the M3 parts will bolt onto the 335" not that they are the same part... in that thread you linked it even goes as far to say that M3 brakes will not bolt up cause even the M3 spindles are different

Aren't they different engines though, or at least heads? Who cares about suspension lol

Edit: yea isn't there a 100hp difference? People can deck their 3 series out with the entire "M" and sport package all day long and it still won't hold a candle to a m3, so why are people saying you can just swap over the parts and "essentially" get an M3???

Not directing this at you obviously ercchry

Darkane
07-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Good dialogue.

I guess I'm kind of naive when it comes to German compition since I've never experienced any of them except for a C63 which was tuned over 500bhp. It was awesome but in terms of drivetrain, refinement wouldn't be the phrase I'd use.

Interior was better, but that's obvious.

When you get to top tier performance at around 100k, can you have refinement also or does that come in at the 150k range.

Example Porsche. Which other 100-120k vehicle offers performance at the GT350R level and refinement? New of course.

I can't think of one. The Z06 is not refined.

Perhaps a new C63S Coupe? I don't think it can hang.

Buster
07-10-2017, 08:42 PM
100k 911s aren't in the performance bracket of the GT350.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the F-type is in that 110k range...that might be an option

georgemagana
07-11-2017, 08:22 AM
Good dialogue.

I guess I'm kind of naive when it comes to German compition since I've never experienced any of them except for a C63 which was tuned over 500bhp. It was awesome but in terms of drivetrain, refinement wouldn't be the phrase I'd use.

Interior was better, but that's obvious.

When you get to top tier performance at around 100k, can you have refinement also or does that come in at the 150k range.

Example Porsche. Which other 100-120k vehicle offers performance at the GT350R level and refinement? New of course.

I can't think of one. The Z06 is not refined.

Perhaps a new C63S Coupe? I don't think it can hang.

In that price range:
-2017 GTR haha. The new interior is better than some M car interiors by far IMO.
-911 Carrera/Base or with a few options. They drive great and the base car is GTR/GT350 fast.

Disclaimer: I love the performance on the GT350 as well as on the Camaros but they are just not my style so my opinion is biased.

I agree with most of the comments on the thread so far. I would't pay more than 70ish for a "muscle car". Just cant even think about it to be honest. Yes, they outperform anything with much much bigger price tags and I bet they are extremely fun to drive and their performance and value for the money can not be ignored but like I said, just not my style.

The sales numbers in Germany are super irrelevant like mentioned above.

The GT350 is an amazing car! The sound of that engine and the handling (from reviews, havent been in one yet) seem to be epic! Crazy track times everywhere too! I hope Ford continues on this trend of making great performing cars!

NoPulp
07-11-2017, 08:43 AM
Really depends on what it is...
Based on the gt350r, if they topped that I would have no issues paying more (if I could afford the gt350r in the first place). I think the 350 is worth every penny. It would have to actually be something better though, not just a limited edition "collector" car.

I'd be more interested if they could build an affordable awd mustang - I would love to daily that!

dirtsniffer
07-11-2017, 08:56 AM
GTR MSRP $125
Base 911 $104 (add $5k for even the lowest leather option)

GT350R $86

M4 is right in the same range, probably what I'd pick haha. Not even close to baller status, so.. maybe a camaro SS

Buster
07-11-2017, 10:07 AM
A new base 911 is actually a decent deal in this category. If I was spending $100k =/- I'd take that over an M4 or a GT350. Cooler, classier, etc.

austic
07-11-2017, 10:45 AM
The mustang would be my last choice in that segment. I know its the best value but it just doesn't seem to have the same feel and styling as the European counterparts. I think to me the expensive mustangs vs cheap mustangs look too similar in styling to justify that price.

Buster
07-11-2017, 11:14 AM
The mustang would be my last choice in that segment. I know its the best value but it just doesn't seem to have the same feel and styling as the European counterparts. I think to me the expensive mustangs vs cheap mustangs look too similar in styling to justify that price.

The M4 and the C63 both have that issue. So does the 911 Turbo for that matter.

bjstare
07-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Aren't they different engines though, or at least heads? Who cares about suspension lol

Edit: yea isn't there a 100hp difference? People can deck their 3 series out with the entire "M" and sport package all day long and it still won't hold a candle to a m3, so why are people saying you can just swap over the parts and "essentially" get an M3???

Not directing this at you obviously ercchry

I love a good derail.

I may be wrong, but IIRC, the E9x 335i could be made notably quicker in a straight line than the equivalent M3 just by doing intake/downpipe/exhaust and tune (at our elevation at least, cause there's no way an N/A V8 is putting out the stated 400+hp). I'm pretty sure it <$5k to get one of those 335i's to get to ~400hp/tq. It's on a road course where I would expect the 335 to come way short.

Anyways, on topic, there's no way in hell I would pay $100k for any new mustang. Sure they're nice, but as it's been repeatedly stated, there's many more cars out there that are an all around better package in that price bracket. I'd rather have a base (or close to) 911, without a doubt. Or an M4. Or a C63s. (and so on)

heavyD
07-11-2017, 12:26 PM
I've owned Mustangs and I feel the sweet spot for pricing is in the range of the GT with performance pack. I feel that the Flat Rock Michigan plant is one of the worst assembly plants in the world as there are so many panel gaps, paint issues, poor assembly, etc that these cars aren't high enough quality to warrant extremely high pricing. I like the Shelby GT350 and can't ignore it's performance but if I'm going to pay that much money for a car I want something more well rounded and higher quality than a Mustang or Camaro.

Buster
07-11-2017, 01:13 PM
I've owned Mustangs and I feel the sweet spot for pricing is in the range of the GT with performance pack. I feel that the Flat Rock Michigan plant is one of the worst assembly plants in the world as there are so many panel gaps, paint issues, poor assembly, etc that these cars aren't high enough quality to warrant extremely high pricing. I like the Shelby GT350 and can't ignore it's performance but if I'm going to pay that much money for a car I want something more well rounded and higher quality than a Mustang or Camaro.

I think with the GT350 you are paying for the engine, and getting the car for free. Same reason that Ferrari owners put up with poor build quality.

J-hop
07-11-2017, 01:39 PM
I love a good derail.

I may be wrong, but IIRC, the E9x 335i could be made notably quicker in a straight line than the equivalent M3 just by doing intake/downpipe/exhaust and tune (at our elevation at least, cause there's no way an N/A V8 is putting out the stated 400+hp). I'm pretty sure it <$5k to get one of those 335i's to get to ~400hp/tq. It's on a road course where I would expect the 335 to come way short.

Anyways, on topic, there's no way in hell I would pay $100k for any new mustang. Sure they're nice, but as it's been repeatedly stated, there's many more cars out there that are an all around better package in that price bracket. I'd rather have a base (or close to) 911, without a doubt. Or an M4. Or a C63s. (and so on)

Haha I was just following the previous derail. I'd like to see an example of that if you could find one. Intake/header/exhaust will not net you much of anything on most cars unless it's severely bottle necked from factory. Tune you might pick up 10hp if you're lucky?. To match the M3 you're probably looking at a power adder. But I'd love to be proved wrong on that.

ercchry
07-11-2017, 01:44 PM
Haha I was just following the previous derail. I'd like to see an example of that if you could find one. Intake/header/exhaust will not net you much of anything on most cars unless it's severely bottle necked from factory. Tune you might pick up 10hp if you're lucky?. To match the M3 you're probably looking at a power adder. But I'd love to be proved wrong on that.

The 335 is an inline 6 single or twin turbo depending on year... it responds very well to a tune, but the n54 has its issues, especially when cranking up the power. It was also underrated from BMW as not to interfere with M3 sales... but yeah, M3 has always been greater than it's sum of parts and they are two completely different cars

J-hop
07-11-2017, 01:55 PM
The 335 is an inline 6 single or twin turbo depending on year... it responds very well to a tune, but the n54 has its issues, especially when cranking up the power. It was also underrated from BMW as not to interfere with M3 sales... but yeah, M3 has always been greater than it's sum of parts and they are two completely different cars

Good point, for some reason I had NA in my head, my bad. NA intake, header, exhaust combinations are pretty much the worst $/hp thing you can do haha

killramos
07-11-2017, 03:09 PM
Just a JB4 on an N55 will get you 60 whp on a *35i. Over 100 with bolt ons. Considering it was underrated from the start a bolt on N55 with JB4 is putting out same if not more than even the new M3/4's, and vs an E9X M3 its well above.

http://www.burgertuning.com/N55_JB4_F_chassis_BMW_tuner.html

But again, there is so much more to those cars than just peak HP/Tq

I was looking at getting another mustang last year and couldn't believe a well equipped GT convertible is north of 60. No thanks. 100k for a mustang? You must be on crack or a massive fanboi to buy one.

bjstare
07-11-2017, 03:14 PM
Just a JB4 on an N55 will get you 60 whp on a *35i. Over 100 with bolt ons. Considering it was underrated from the start a bolt on N55 with JB4 is putting out same if not more than even the new M3/4's, and vs an E9X M3 its well above.

http://www.burgertuning.com/N55_JB4_F_chassis_BMW_tuner.html

But again, there is so much more to those cars than just peak HP/Tq

I was looking at getting another mustang last year and couldn't believe a well equipped GT convertible is north of 60. No thanks. 100k for a mustang? You must be on crack or a massive fanboi to buy one.

Thanks, that's the combo I was referring to, but I left out the JB4 like a dummy.

Mitsu3000gt
07-11-2017, 03:59 PM

I was in one at the car show (didn't know what motor was in it), I guessed it was $25-30K tops. Got out, shut the door that rattled like a junkyard beater, looked at the sticker, $60-something K. Had the V8 (so GT I guess) but I could not believe that car cost what it did. Just way too much money for what you get IMHO.

Sugarphreak
07-11-2017, 04:25 PM

94boosted
07-18-2017, 01:09 PM
Agreed with most, way too high a price for a Mustang. Maybe, just maybe 80K if it's performance is on par with a ZL1 1LE (I believe they are 69,995 in the US so I'm assuming around 80K in Canada).

killramos
07-18-2017, 01:11 PM
I love how on the new VB you can see who voted for what :rofl:

tehwegz
07-24-2017, 11:44 AM
GT350's have come down in price. The base ones are starting at $65k with plenty just sitting on lots (leftover 2017 stock) that will be up for discounts.

Dealer near me is already cutting price on remaining 2017 Focus RS by $5k (44-45k down from 50k) .

Darkane
07-24-2017, 08:56 PM
GT350's have come down in price. The base ones are starting at $65k with plenty just sitting on lots (leftover 2017 stock) that will be up for discounts.

Dealer near me is already cutting price on remaining 2017 Focus RS by $5k (44-45k down from 50k) .

There is no '17 GT350 that cheap.

dirtsniffer
07-24-2017, 11:40 PM
Apparently the new GT has a sub 4.0 second 0-60. That's beyond quick

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-25-2017, 08:49 AM
I don't think I'd pay more than $70k CAD for a super Mustang or Camaro if I was in the position to do so personally.

I think the base 911 is good value and a mix of everything I want comparatively. I also wouldn't hesitate to spend $70-90k on a new Corvette if I could afford to.

killramos
07-25-2017, 09:07 AM
I think the base 911 is good value

I think this needs to be quoted :rofl:

Darkane
01-13-2019, 11:35 PM
Tomorrow. A brochure has leaked already and some cool stuff.

Adjustable suspension
Carbon driveshaft
Carbon wheels
Spoilers splitters galore
5.2 crossplane crank eaton supercharged
7sp DCT
Optional cup tires

Lots of electronics, I think a 12” display? Crazy.

I’m starting to feel north of 100k cdn. People are estimating 75-80k usd. Damn.

Disoblige
01-14-2019, 10:21 AM
This is an example of where Ford would have benefited from another model above (Corvette competitor).
They need something in between the Mustang and Ford GT.

Buster
01-14-2019, 11:06 AM
Ya, I'm not spending $80k on a mustang. Dont care how good it is.

beyond_ban
01-14-2019, 01:01 PM
wecVzPzf8R4

JRSC00LUDE
01-14-2019, 01:13 PM
I see them as a buy on used market only kind of car, then they become a good performance value. This would be no different.

Darkane
01-14-2019, 02:22 PM
Ya, I'm not spending $80k on a mustang. Dont care how good it is.

So... why not?? Also that’s 80 USD. We’ll see it in the 100-110 ballpark as a guess.

Toms-SC
01-14-2019, 02:38 PM
Puts it inline with the GT-R. Makes sense.

killramos
01-14-2019, 03:00 PM
I think at that price (100k++) there are a lot of other cars I would rather buy.

Is it the GT350’s voodoo or is it another supercharged coyote brought to 5.2?

rage2
01-14-2019, 03:42 PM
wecVzPzf8R4
Needs a so scare decal.

SkiBum5.0
01-14-2019, 03:52 PM
I think at that price (100k++) there are a lot of other cars I would rather buy.

Is it the GT350’s voodoo or is it another supercharged coyote brought to 5.2?

The noise tells me it's a voodoo

killramos
01-14-2019, 03:59 PM
At least that is cool then if so.

Fuck that much money for a tricked out Coyote.

That being said I want a TT coyote (or voodoo lol idk) raptor lol.

mikestypes
01-14-2019, 04:15 PM
At least that is cool then if so.

Fuck that much money for a tricked out Coyote.

That being said I want a TT coyote (or voodoo lol idk) raptor lol.

A voodoo is already a tricked out Coyote so I am not sure why you like one over the other? The GT500 will have a conventional crossplane crank as it won't be able to take advantage of the benefits of a flatplane crank (ie: high rpm tuning), and boost would make crank harmonics even worse to deal with.

Darkane
01-14-2019, 04:19 PM
A voodoo is already a tricked out Coyote so I am not sure why you like one over the other? The GT500 will have a conventional crossplane crank as it won't be able to take advantage of the benefits of a flatplane crank (ie: high rpm tuning), and boost would make crank harmonics even worse to deal with.

Aye. That said it will still spin pretty high, 74-7500.

I’m not 100% sold on this thing; rumours are suggesting 41-4200 lbs! Puke.

SkiBum5.0
01-15-2019, 03:14 PM
Aye. That said it will still spin pretty high, 74-7500.

I’m not 100% sold on this thing; rumours are suggesting 41-4200 lbs! Puke.

Porky. I'll take one in Highland Green

killramos
01-15-2019, 03:23 PM
I’m hoping it makes GT350 prices crash. But ffs I need it in a vert...

Buster
01-15-2019, 04:15 PM
So... why not?? Also that’s 80 USD. We’ll see it in the 100-110 ballpark as a guess.

Because if I'm spending big dollars on a car, at some point performance becomes secondary to other minimum requirements in terms of design aesthetic and luxury.

ercchry
01-15-2019, 04:21 PM
Because if I'm spending big dollars on a car, at some point performance becomes secondary to other minimum requirements in terms of design aesthetic and luxury.

And now this thread has come full circle :rofl:

Buster
01-15-2019, 04:31 PM

Haha..I didn't read back thru the thread.

ExtraSlow
01-15-2019, 05:46 PM

schurchill39
01-22-2019, 11:44 AM
Hmm about tree fiddy

Tik-Tok
01-22-2019, 12:01 PM
Needs a so scare decal.

And maybe an International Motor Cars license plate holder.

Darkane
01-22-2019, 12:07 PM
Been following fairly closely and interestingly enough, chief engineer Carl Widdman has stated they’re not done calibrating and testing yet!

Rumours suggest the Redeye hellcat made Ford scramble a bit. The DCT is only good for 664 torque, therefore more rpm required.

This is a high revvving belt driven supercharged engine. Slightly less technologically advanced than the current base mustang GT coyote. No DI.

Misterman
01-22-2019, 12:43 PM
rumours are suggesting 41-4200 lbs! Puke.

Honestly though, the days of uber lightweight cars outside of the super car realm is gone. With regulations what they are it's damn near impossible to build a 3000lb Mustang when you are required to have 8000 different airbags in it and whatever else.

mr2mike
01-22-2019, 01:14 PM
Watched the new Grand Tour showcasing the new American Muscle.
All I see is that you get to pay up big $$$ to get that old school muscle car feeling in a new car.

Tik-Tok
01-22-2019, 01:19 PM
Watched the new Grand Tour showcasing the new American Muscle.
All I see is that you get to pay up big $$$ to get that old school muscle car feeling in a new car.

I'm only half way through that episode. It really feels like a American pandering contract with Amazon, just like Mike Skinner in the first season.

Sugarphreak
01-23-2019, 12:37 AM

Misterman
01-23-2019, 09:04 AM
I agree

At first I thought it was a lame episode, but then I realized I just don't care at all about 1000hp muscle cars that cost 100K+

I mean they must have run out of ideas when they started using a Db meter to see which one was loudest.... who fucking cares. If you've seen one production muscle car that costs more than even 50K, you've basically seen them all. Once you reach that 400~500hp threshold, adding another 200hp or 400hp doesn't even do anything for the experience of driving it around.

I keep trying to imagine who would be impressed by one of these cars.... and all I can picture is some hill billy that doesn't know shit about cars salivating pointlessly over the horsepower figure.

Well I wouldn't say that. Of course enthusiasts like us probably prefer something well balanced that is a dream in the twisties. But when you use something as your daily driver, having 700hp to blast the 1/16th mile of space you have from every red light you stop at makes for about as much fun as one could hope to have driving around in traffic. My SRT8 is about 560hp, I enjoy it, but I feel like it could be fun to have some more.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-23-2019, 10:19 AM
I agree

At first I thought it was a lame episode, but then I realized I just don't care at all about 1000hp muscle cars that cost 100K+

I mean they must have run out of ideas when they started using a Db meter to see which one was loudest.... who fucking cares. If you've seen one production muscle car that costs more than even 50K, you've basically seen them all. Once you reach that 400~500hp threshold, adding another 200hp or 400hp doesn't even do anything for the experience of driving it around.

I keep trying to imagine who would be impressed by one of these cars.... and all I can picture is some hill billy that doesn't know shit about cars salivating pointlessly over the horsepower figure.

BC has changed you, man.

HiTempguy1
01-23-2019, 10:40 AM
you reach that 400~500hp threshold, adding another 200hp or 400hp doesn't even do anything for the experience of driving it around.

Disagree. 400whp gets boring pretty quick. 600+whp is living the good life, spinning tires on the street 1st/2nd/3rd if you want always makes life entertaining.

400whp is kind of yawn after a bit. Big enough meats on the back can contain it no problem, that's like base model vette with a tune territory.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-23-2019, 10:41 AM
Disagree. 400whp gets boring pretty quick. 600+whp is living the good life, spinning tires on the street 1st/2nd/3rd if you want always makes life entertaining.

400whp is kind of yawn after a bit. Big enough meats on the back can contain it no problem, that's like base model vette with a tune territory.

Yep. Put a cam and some other work with 4.10s in my Vette in November, put 100km on it and I’m ready for another 150+whp already.

mr2mike
01-24-2019, 07:45 AM
I keep trying to imagine who would be impressed by one of these cars....
I would think a lot of tire biters in small town AB would.

Misterman
01-24-2019, 10:48 AM
I would think a lot of tire biters in small town AB would.

Along with a good portion of youtubes audience. Guys have full channels of them just hooning their Hellcat around and make a living on those views.

94boosted
01-24-2019, 02:25 PM
If this thing ends up costing $100-110CAD then Ford must be smoking crack. On performance metrics alone the GT350R at $85K is already overpriced IMHO considering a ZL1 1LE absolutely curb stomps it for less money. If this new GT500 ends up costing $30K more than a ZL1 1LE it better be quicker on a track than a Ford GT (seeing as the ZL1 1LE effectively matches a Ford GT at C&D's Lightning Lap).

Agreed.

SkiBum5.0
01-24-2019, 03:21 PM
If this thing ends up costing $100-110CAD then Ford must be smoking crack. On performance metrics alone the GT350R at $85K is already overpriced IMHO considering a ZL1 1LE absolutely curb stomps it for less money. If this new GT500 ends up costing $30K more than a ZL1 1LE it better be quicker on a track than a Ford GT (seeing as the ZL1 1LE effectively matches a Ford GT at C&D's Lightning Lap).

Agreed.

I believe the Ford GT beat the 1LE by 2.5 seconds around VIR - your point still stands the 1LE bats above average.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23319884/lightning-lap-times-historical-data/

94boosted
01-24-2019, 03:50 PM
I believe the Ford GT beat the 1LE by 2.5 seconds around VIR - your point still stands the 1LE bats above average.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23319884/lightning-lap-times-historical-data/

Weird I wonder why there's two lap times for the Ford GT (a 2:43.0 and a 2:45.5).

Edit: I guess they re-ran it a year later but it was warmer and the GT got slower

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23132424/2017-ford-gt-lightning-lap-2018/

Darkane
01-24-2019, 04:08 PM
Rumour is (posted by an insider):

What if the GT500 is faster than the GT on certain tracks?

That’s what he said. So I believe it can match or beat the 1LE.

It will be 110k cdn, no doubt.

Base probably starting at 85k.

Really hope I’m wrong.

mikestypes
06-19-2019, 08:19 AM
760 hp and 625 ft-lbs. Still no pricing.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a28090168/2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-horsepower-torque-specs/

Shlade
06-19-2019, 09:31 AM
760 hp and 625 ft-lbs. Still no pricing.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a28090168/2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-horsepower-torque-specs/

I'd guess itll be around the 120k mark or so. Close to the z06 for sure.

Masked Bandit
06-19-2019, 09:37 AM
The numbers are still below the Hellcat Redeye, those sticker $100K - $110K depending on options.

Darkane
06-19-2019, 07:16 PM
I’m quite happy with ford. Their number is just right, offends no one.

Some were hoping for 800, but rumours (true now) confirmed it would be lower.

9.5:1 CR, Port injection only, 12 psi.

7500rpm.

It’s not a monster via displacement, it makes a fat power curve and will shine on corner exits. That’s my hope.

The carbon track package will push this car to a 110-115k cdn msrp, and I’m guessing most dealers will ask 149,999! Lol.

Camaro has 25 more torque, and will weigh about 100lbs less auto vs DCT.

battle on.

mr2mike
06-20-2019, 02:51 PM
You gotta be Upper White Trash to be qualifying for the financing on these new muscle cars.

Masked Bandit
06-21-2019, 09:59 AM
You gotta be Upper White Trash to be qualifying for the financing on these new muscle cars.

The people I know that buy this kind of toy don't finance.

Buster
06-21-2019, 10:22 AM
The people I know that buy this kind of toy don't finance.

Mostly that's because Canada has absolute garbage for high net worth individuals to borrow money for things like this. In the US, many people who have the cash position to buy this type of thing actually lease it because the options for credit are so much better down there.

ercchry
06-21-2019, 10:37 AM
There are lots of options for high net worth people, so many different products out there. Even borrowing against private company ownership

BavarianBeast
06-21-2019, 11:30 AM
Options are even better when your considered “ultra-high net worth” :devil:

Are they going to produce a 6/7 speed manual?

Buster
06-21-2019, 12:02 PM
There are lots of options for high net worth people, so many different products out there. Even borrowing against private company ownership

Show me an equivalent to Pen Fed, and I'll agree with you.

ercchry
06-21-2019, 12:09 PM
Show me an equivalent to Pen Fed, and I'll agree with you.

A credit union for regular people?? Is this a test? :rofl:

Buster
06-21-2019, 12:10 PM
A credit union for regular people?? Is this a test? :rofl:

No, I mean I don't think there are Canadian lenders that provide the ultra-competitive rates on exotic cars.

ercchry
06-21-2019, 12:17 PM
No, I mean I don't think there are Canadian lenders that provide the ultra-competitive rates on exotic cars.

Pen doesn’t seem to either... those ultra low rates are only for new cars, and up to $100k which can be had at any dealership. We have bespoke leasing for any sort of exotic you can think of through companies like Pfaff leasing.

ercchry
06-21-2019, 12:23 PM
Rate is also meaningless without context. What matters more is untraditional proof of income... A lending with great rates requires the use of provable, taxed income... which means up to about 40% of your income needs to go to the gov... where as for 100-150bps more in rate, you could write off every damn dollar you made, savings there alone outweighs any sort of interest charges. Plus being able to hold the secured asset in a Corp name vs personal...

Buster
06-21-2019, 02:24 PM
Pen doesn’t seem to either... those ultra low rates are only for new cars, and up to $100k which can be had at any dealership. We have bespoke leasing for any sort of exotic you can think of through companies like Pfaff leasing.

AFAIK (havne't looked in a while), Penfed or even Lightstream will do used exotic loans...at those low rates. Maybe things have changed. PFaff is not great in terms of structures or rates.

- - - Updated - - -

Rate is also meaningless without context. What matters more is untraditional proof of income... A lending with great rates requires the use of provable, taxed income... which means up to about 40% of your income needs to go to the gov... where as for 100-150bps more in rate, you could write off every damn dollar you made, savings there alone outweighs any sort of interest charges. Plus being able to hold the secured asset in a Corp name vs personal...

Generally not a good idea to have an exotic car on your corporate balance sheet. The CRA doesn't like it, and it still costs you a ton in standby charges and such.