PDA

View Full Version : picked up a '17 AMG GTS

Buster
06-30-2017, 03:08 PM
Loved the SLS, and love the GTS. I wasn't enthralled with the look of the refresh - too busy....so I picked up a 2017 instead. Was looking at R8s and some other things, but found the market to be a pain to navigate on the used side and a new Gen2 R8 was more than I wanted to spend.

Options:

-Track pack (sport wheel, stiffer setup, aggressive camber, sport steering wheel, active engine mounts and some other stuff.
- diamond white paint
- Matte Carbon interior
- night package
- forged wheels.

I'll throw up some interior shots, but it's the silver/black two tone.

Paperwork is done, delivery tomorrow AM.

First AMG - makes me feel like a real beyonder!

http://i.imgur.com/ElnoiHk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ltE68aR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LOqMkxc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3AiF7ew.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QUmPH9m.jpg

rage2
06-30-2017, 03:17 PM
:drool:

Nice pickup!

infamous
06-30-2017, 03:20 PM
they look gorgeous in white! :drool:

dj_rice
06-30-2017, 03:25 PM
For a first AMG, you went pretty high up in the list of AMG's though. Nice pickup!!! Too bad no Designo Magno White for this car. Matte white paint job is sexxxxx

G-ZUS
06-30-2017, 03:26 PM
Baller!

sick whip

killramos
06-30-2017, 04:32 PM
Awesome!

That car is so high up my want list right now... Got teased by sitting in one when I was shopping for my C.

Enjoy every minute with it!

Buster
06-30-2017, 04:38 PM
For a first AMG, you went pretty high up in the list of AMG's though. Nice pickup!!! Too bad no Designo Magno White for this car. Matte white paint job is sexxxxx

I'm not actually that picky about color. Although that matter white is amazing. I just have had too many black cars in a row, and I'm sick of the work involved. My second choice was the brilliant blue, which looks amazing as well.

Buster
06-30-2017, 04:42 PM
Awesome!

That car is so high up my want list right now... Got teased by sitting in one when I was shopping for my C.

Enjoy every minute with it!

Your C63S is one of my favorite cars on the market right now. If I didn't have the extra spot, I'd have either that or an E63 in my garage to replace my CTS-V. Mercedes is killing it right now.

D'z Nutz
06-30-2017, 05:04 PM
Fucking nice!!

03ozwhip
06-30-2017, 05:22 PM
wowwww. great pickup Buster

killramos
06-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Your C63S is one of my favorite cars on the market right now. If I didn't have the extra spot, I'd have either that or an E63 in my garage to replace my CTS-V. Mercedes is killing it right now.

Well I certainly like it so far :)

One day when I can justify a summer car the GT S will be on the short list for sure.

schocker
06-30-2017, 06:27 PM
That car is :drool:
Loved the SLS and love the GT.

ExtraSlow
06-30-2017, 06:45 PM
Half the Merc and BMW purchases on this forum are either SUVs or this godawful almost SUV things. This is a proper car. Well done.

Buster
06-30-2017, 06:55 PM
Half the Merc and BMW purchases on this forum are either SUVs or this godawful almost SUV things. This is a proper car. Well done.

Well, my wife's DD is a GL, so I had to get my ratio back to net neutral. haha

max_boost
06-30-2017, 06:59 PM
I just checked the retail on one of those and it's most definitely more than I can afford, pal. haha Congrats. Nice car!

Skyline_Addict
06-30-2017, 11:09 PM
Never been a Mercedes fan, but that is a nice looking car. Congrats.

TomcoPDR
07-01-2017, 12:00 AM
Very nice, enjoy.

Buster
07-01-2017, 12:13 AM
I just checked the retail on one of those and it's most definitely more than I can afford, pal. haha Congrats. Nice car!

haha...you're just a closet baller.

16hypen3sp
07-01-2017, 04:38 AM
Very nice ride. Love the colour. Congrats, have fun.

bjstare
07-01-2017, 07:52 AM
That's awesome. 10/10 better than an R8, IMO. Congrats.

flipstah
07-01-2017, 08:00 AM
Beauty! Personally, I like the original SLS because Gullwing does but man... That shape.

They also look boss in blue. Saw one and lost it.

C4S
07-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Awesome!! I personal love the look of the AMG GT since day 1 .. (GTR is stunning! ) although The R8 is still nicer, but AMG GTS is better value! And it should be as quick as R8 at Calgary's 3,700 ft attitude .. and huge potential to tune that 4L V8!

But when I talk to Lonestar, they said even "tune" the ECU will void the warranty ... and they will check that while servicing?

Darkane
07-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Awesome!! I personal love the look of the AMG GT since day 1 .. (GTR is stunning! ) although The R8 is still nicer, but AMG GTS is better value! And it should be as quick as R8 at Calgary's 3,700 ft attitude .. and huge potential to tune that 4L V8!

But when I talk to Lonestar, they said even "tune" the ECU will void the warranty ... and they will check that while servicing?

Tuning the ECU/TCM is the worst thing for warranty lol. It's not a small thing.

I really like these cars, but I have a soft spot for the 8700rpm 602bhp V10.

White is a great colour though.

civicHB
07-01-2017, 11:27 AM
beautiful car. Congrats :clap:

Sugarphreak
07-01-2017, 12:45 PM

s2k_boi
07-01-2017, 02:15 PM
:thumbsup: Nice! Congrats Buster.

C4S
07-01-2017, 03:08 PM
While after read this thread, saw a nice matte Silver GTS! Sexy!

nismodrifter
07-01-2017, 04:28 PM
Saw one of these ripping around last night in Vancouver, amazing looking car.

Buster
07-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Beauty! Personally, I like the original SLS because Gullwing does but man... That shape.

They also look boss in blue. Saw one and lost it.

The original SLS is amazing. I love it. I'm not even sure which I would rather have. The SLS is a bit more dramatic in person, but the design is a bit behind the GT. And I think the GT is generally considered a "better" car overall in terms of dyamics - unless big oversteer hooliganism is your thing. But them gullwings...

Buster
07-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Tuning the ECU/TCM is the worst thing for warranty lol. It's not a small thing.

I really like these cars, but I have a soft spot for the 8700rpm 602bhp V10.

White is a great colour though.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out if I wanted to get a Gen1 R8 over this. I even had a deal together on a 2015 LMS before the inspection showed some issues. The Gen2 is just in a different class from the GTS. Full stop. I just couldn't get my head wrapped around the price difference at this point. Maybe down the line.

The R8 definitely has more of a "supercar" presence, and a unique engine etc. Although I've been pretty surprised at how much attention the GTS is getting. I thought one of the benefits was that it was a bit less of an attention-grabber. But lots of people video-taping and such so far. Surprising.

cam_wmh
07-02-2017, 01:10 PM
Congrats, on a beautiful car.

Is your CTS-V, a manual wagon?

Buster
07-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Congrats, on a beautiful car.

Is your CTS-V, a manual wagon?

No...auto. Wife can't drive stick.

Buster
07-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Now that this thing is in my garage, I'm trying to figure out what I should do for paint-protection and coatings and such.

Any suggestions?

npham
07-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Thompson Graphics does amazing work. I'd give them a call and see what they can offer you on Tuesday.

Tej.S
07-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Gorgeous ride buster, congrats on the purchase! I would look into getting PPF done. If it were me, I'd also get a ceramic coating applied too. It's totally worth it IMO.

Xtrema
07-02-2017, 08:38 PM
Gorgeous car.

Fits like a glove, definitely a way better driver than the R8.

Congrats, now got burn those run flats off and get some better tires.

ganesh
07-02-2017, 10:22 PM
Now that this thing is in my garage, I'm trying to figure out what I should do for paint-protection and coatings and such.

Any suggestions?

Congrats Buster
I have been looking into this option for my next purchase and from everything i have seen I am leaning towards Xpel and Ceramic Coating.

dj_rice
07-02-2017, 10:34 PM

Any suggestions?

I always see the XPel Ultimate being used on most cars, high end and regular peasant

A2VR6
07-03-2017, 11:13 AM

Any suggestions?

I've been pretty happy with PPF (Xpel, Suntek, etc) with a coating of some sort (Exo, CS-II) on top of it. Cant tell there is PPF on the car at all. That's probably what i'm going to do on everything going forward from now on.

bart
07-03-2017, 05:11 PM
take out those bulging north american license plate tub fillers ASAP

i assume its painted white still underneath

Buster
07-03-2017, 05:29 PM
take out those bulging north american license plate tub fillers ASAP

i assume its painted white still underneath

It's a bit more complicated than that unfortunately. You have to take the bumper off to remove them. Then you have this.

http://i.imgur.com/VWFiSKJ.jpg

bart
07-03-2017, 05:49 PM
oh damn, on the bright side at least the front side markers are in the lights not the bumper

Buster
07-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Gorgeous car.

Fits like a glove, definitely a way better driver than the R8.

Congrats, now got burn those run flats off and get some better tires.

it came with Pilot SuperSports on it. I thought those were some of the better tires out there (until the PS4s came along)

Mitsu3000gt
07-03-2017, 06:41 PM
First AMG - makes me feel like a real beyonder!

You don't take baby steps do you :rofl: Awesome car, congrats.

Xtrema
07-03-2017, 07:10 PM
it came with Pilot SuperSports on it. I thought those were some of the better tires out there (until the PS4s came along)

Glad they didn't pair it with run flat. PSS is great.

flipstah
07-04-2017, 09:48 AM
The original SLS is amazing. I love it. I'm not even sure which I would rather have. The SLS is a bit more dramatic in person, but the design is a bit behind the GT. And I think the GT is generally considered a "better" car overall in terms of dyamics - unless big oversteer hooliganism is your thing. But them gullwings...

Technology-wise, the SLS is archaic compared to the GTS. The transmission alone beats the SLS.

killramos
07-04-2017, 09:53 AM
^ That's the great thing about the GT it really is a car at the pinnacle of technology right now. There is just so little wrong with that car that its impossible not to like it.

Combine that with the fact that the car still has a real personality to it with that incredible V8 and it is one of the best sport car packages on the road today ( can you tell I am on a bit of an AMG GT kick right now? haha )

Buster
07-04-2017, 10:28 AM
^ That's the great thing about the GT it really is a car at the pinnacle of technology right now. There is just so little wrong with that car that its impossible not to like it.

Combine that with the fact that the car still has a real personality to it with that incredible V8 and it is one of the best sport car packages on the road today ( can you tell I am on a bit of an AMG GT kick right now? haha )

PM me your contact details...can grab coffee or something. I want to check out the C63, too.

killramos
07-04-2017, 10:47 AM
PM me your contact details...can grab coffee or something. I want to check out the C63, too.

:thumbsup:

xnvy
07-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Damn. Looks gorgeous. Congrats on the buy!

born2workoncars
07-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Sweet car, had to look up MSRP because I was going to suggest you get this instead:

http://static0.bornrichimages.com/cdn2/683/384/91/c/wp-content/uploads/s3/1/2012/10/15/1350300707.jpg

But it seems the GTS is a bargain and the GTR is... millions.

rage2
07-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Technology-wise, the SLS is archaic compared to the GTS. The transmission alone beats the SLS.
It's the same transmission with updated programming. If anything, the last of the SLS's (GT and BS) had terrific transmission logic. Haven't driven the AMG GT yet so can't tell you how it compares.

Really, the GT is basically SLS v2.0. It's nearly the same chassis with reworked suspension, new engine, and no gullwing doors at a 30% price cut from the SLS. Better car at a better price, it's an awesome deal.

I'm eyeing an AMG GT or 911 GT3 in a couple years when I don't have to drive kids to daycare anymore.

rage2
07-05-2017, 10:30 AM
It's a bit more complicated than that unfortunately. You have to take the bumper off to remove them. Then you have this.

http://i.imgur.com/VWFiSKJ.jpg
Remove, fill holes, spot paint. No different than front license plate covers.

The upcoming E Coupe "bumperettes" as they call 'em are even worse.

Talk about destroying a sexy ass. The C ones can't really be removed, as there are 2 massive holes behind them (in case killramos is wondering).

b_t
07-05-2017, 10:32 AM
That's the hands down coolest car on sale today. Nothing else comes close. Nice, nice nice

Buster
07-05-2017, 10:49 AM
It's the same transmission with updated programming. If anything, the last of the SLS's (GT and BS) had terrific transmission logic. Haven't driven the AMG GT yet so can't tell you how it compares.

Really, the GT is basically SLS v2.0. It's nearly the same chassis with reworked suspension, new engine, and no gullwing doors at a 30% price cut from the SLS. Better car at a better price, it's an awesome deal.

I'm eyeing an AMG GT or 911 GT3 in a couple years when I don't have to drive kids to daycare anymore.

I looked at some GT3s. We're going to see a lot of them dumped on the market with their warranties expiring soon and people being worried about the QC, even with the extended warranty terms. I don't have any connections that would get me an allocation on the new one - maybe you do. If that's the case, that's a good direction to go. Still, when it came down to it, I preferred the drama of the GT to the GT3. No wrong answer there, though.

I never drove the SLS, but I from the sounds of it, the suspension was revised significantly to the GT. The SLS (apparently) was a hot mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Remove, fill holes, spot paint. No different than front license plate covers.

The upcoming E Coupe "bumperettes" as they call 'em are even worse.

Talk about destroying a sexy ass. The C ones can't really be removed, as there are 2 massive holes behind them (in case killramos is wondering).

I would take a Euro bumper in a second. But I don't hate the bumperettes as much as some. I find it completely mystifying that MB can't figure out a bumper design that works globally.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the hands down coolest car on sale today. Nothing else comes close. Nice, nice nice

Thanks!

killramos
07-05-2017, 10:57 AM

Hey now, I am a practical Sedan man now! Gonna need a new thread to figure out how many car seats I can fit in the back :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
07-05-2017, 11:08 AM
I cannot afford a car like that yet, but I love that you can. Enjoy the fuck out of it!

rage2
07-05-2017, 12:51 PM
I would take a Euro bumper in a second. But I don't hate the bumperettes as much as some. I find it completely mystifying that MB can't figure out a bumper design that works globally.
They can make it uglier world wide, or make it pretty in Europe with an add-on to clear the 2.5mph bumper regulations. It's a stupid regulation that saves owners and insurance industry on low speed repair costs. If they didn't move the license plate to the bumper, it would've been a different story. It's the license plate that causes the damage at 2.5mph, but it looks so much nicer with the plate moved from the trunk to the bumper, hence needing ugly bumperettes. Go figure.

flipstah
07-05-2017, 01:03 PM

Can you get the logic updated on the old SLS? If so, drool. I remember reading on here about the transmission issues with the SLS. At least, I think it was here...

rage2
07-05-2017, 01:11 PM
Can you get the logic updated on the old SLS? If so, drool. I remember reading on here about the transmission issues with the SLS. At least, I think it was here...
In Europe, yes. In NA, no. You can 3rd party update it though.

A790
07-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Beautiful- nice purchase!

ercchry
07-05-2017, 03:16 PM

Probably me... that trans shifts so slow in manual

Worst was pulling out of underground parking though... hood so long you can't see a thing till you clear the ramp... alway ass puckering in a car like that :rofl:

blownz
07-05-2017, 04:21 PM
I drove on in Vegas last year and loved it. Of all the exotics I have driven down there over the years, the GTS was the one car that was not only amazing to drive, but it felt like I could drive it daily and never tire of it. Enjoy!

Buster
07-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Probably me... that trans shifts so slow in manual

Worst was pulling out of underground parking though... hood so long you can't see a thing till you clear the ramp... alway ass puckering in a car like that :rofl:

It's weird that they fixed everything with a software update. The GTS transmission is instant shifts...just like any other high end dual clutch I've encountered.

Buster
07-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Couple of shout-outs to forum sponsors:

Car is booked in next week for a full wrap and nano coating with SR International, rlim891

Also, thanks to Masked Bandit for getting me setup on insurance for the GTS fast and at a pretty reasonable rate. I recently switched all of my home and auto insurance to Touchstone, and the savings were a few thousand dollars. Stupid TD Insurance.

Buster
07-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Did you other AMG guys do the pre-paid service thing? Seems like it's a good deal?

killramos
07-18-2017, 10:10 AM
Yup, assuming you plan on servicing at the dealer its a no brainer.

Just the diff service alone is like 300 bucks and its 1,600 ( at least on my C ) for 3 years of one service a year ( inc the diff service according to MB website ) so i think its a good deal. I think its like 30% off or something like that?

rage2
07-18-2017, 10:31 AM
Yup, assuming you plan on servicing at the dealer its a no brainer.

Just the diff service alone is like 300 bucks and its 1,600 ( at least on my C ) for 3 years of one service a year ( inc the diff service according to MB website ) so i think its a good deal. I think its like 30% off or something like that?
That and both LS and Hyatt likes to tack on additional crap to those services without asking which is annoying as hell. They don't do it for pre-paid maintenance because everyone argues it's pre-paid after they do the extra work, so they don't bother anymore trying to squeeze in some high margin work.

As an example of how much work they add, my gf dropped off her B which should have been a $400 service, but with additional non required work, the bill ended up being $900. :eek:

killramos
07-18-2017, 10:34 AM
I got spoiled by the included service on the BMW and honestly I don't think I will ever own an in warranty car any other way after that. So long as the math works out on the costs that is, some places prepaid maintenance can be a rip off but the MB stuff seems pretty good to me.

Buster
07-18-2017, 11:18 AM
I'm really not a fan of how the service departments work at both MB dealerships.

I usually take our cars in, but last time the wife took the GL in, they tried to get her to change the brakes...which as far as I could see had 40-50% pad life remaining and were now where near the wear sensor. I think the quote was $1200.

My only hesitancy is if I flip the car in a couple of years it seems like a sunk cost.

ganesh
07-18-2017, 11:27 AM
My only hesitancy is if I flip the car in a couple of years it seems like a sunk cost.

In that case having the pre-paid service will be a value added feature isn't it? At least that is what my thought process up until now.

rage2
07-18-2017, 11:29 AM
In that case having the pre-paid service will be a value added feature isn't it? At least that is what my thought process up until now.
You're barely going to get your money back on some of the more expensive options, so you definitely won't be getting any money back on pre-paid maintenance.

Buster
07-18-2017, 11:52 AM
You're barely going to get your money back on some of the more expensive options, so you definitely won't be getting any money back on pre-paid maintenance.

It's one of the reasons I went with minimal options. I hate paying for options.

benyl
07-18-2017, 11:54 AM
When the SA seen a female, they see $$$$

Wife brought the car in. $600 service B turned into $1K because they did a brake flush that isn't required yet.

Just a heads up. If your GTS brakes are the same as my E63, prepare for $6,500 to do pad and rotors... :cry::cry:

killramos
07-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Just a heads up. If your GTS brakes are the same as my E63, prepare for $6,500 to do pad and rotors... :cry::cry:

Carbon Ceramic? :barf:

Buster
07-18-2017, 12:02 PM
When the SA seen a female, they see $$$$

Wife brought the car in. $600 service B turned into $1K because they did a brake flush that isn't required yet.

I dont have the Carbon Ceramic brakes, if thats what you mean. Lots of debate on which way to go with them on the GTS forums...but as I mentioned, I prefer to get fewer options on my cars. I would have preferred to not have the carbon interior trim for instance - but stock was limited in the country.

At the end of the day, I'm still a cheap scottish penny pincher. lol

benyl
07-18-2017, 12:26 PM
No, these are the regular red caliper brakes.

Front rotors, $1,500 each = $3K
Rear rotors, $800 each = $1,600
Pads, $750 ish
Sensors, $50.
Labour was $800 or something.
GST
~$6,500

It's fucked.

I ordered everything out of the US. Even with out shitty exchange, did it myself and saved many many dollars. That's after 35K kms by the way.

Carbon ceramic would only require a pad change.

killramos
07-18-2017, 12:33 PM
i'll get the gofundme started

rage2
07-18-2017, 12:40 PM
Remember that benyl drives a 5000+ pound beast. With the wagon front heavy it'll kill the front brakes. Because he drives like a pussy with ESP on, the traction interventions destroys his rear brakes.

Buster
07-18-2017, 12:43 PM
i'll get the gofundme started

my baby needs new shoes.

- - - Updated - - -

No, these are the regular red caliper brakes.

Front rotors, $1,500 each = $3K
Rear rotors, $800 each = $1,600
Pads, $750 ish
Sensors, $50.
Labour was $800 or something.
GST
~$6,500

It's fucked.

I ordered everything out of the US. Even with out shitty exchange, did it myself and saved many many dollars. That's after 35K kms by the way.

Carbon ceramic would only require a pad change.

You sure you needed new rotors? MB seems to sell them as a package, but lots of people don't bother if the spec is okay.

If so, I would maybe consdier a CCB conversion for the extra dollars.

In any case, I'd love to have the problem, as it means I've gotten to drive enough to rack up the miles. Sadly, I think I won't even get to a brake job during my ownership.

killramos
07-18-2017, 12:43 PM
The way I look at it, the AMG is just getting me ready for if I ever decide to have kids :rofl:

At least I don't own a boat.

Buster
07-18-2017, 12:46 PM
The way I look at it, the AMG is just getting me ready for if I ever decide to have kids :rofl:

At least I don't own a boat.

The brake job is a month and a half of my nanny's salary. Kids cost a shit ton more than cars.

killramos
07-18-2017, 12:48 PM
truth

benyl
07-18-2017, 01:37 PM
MB won't do a pad only change.

The car is stupid. Even with AWD, an LSD and ESP off, you still get brake management on the rear wheels.

I always think about how stupid it is to own an AMG. Depreciates like a Volvo, maintenance and tires are fucking expensive and it drinks fuel. I keep threatening to get an economy car like a Civic Type R.

Then I unleash 600hp from the stop light, leave two strips of black on the road, watch the gas needle move an 1/8th and and burn some brake pad. All becomes well in the world and I say, fuck Honda.

Buster
07-18-2017, 01:43 PM
I'm pretty sure you can buy just pads for the car?

And yes... The price of admission is worth it. I don't think I would bother with an economy performance car.... Z are you going to be excited by one? If I'm not going to be excited I may as well get a truck and be functional

94boosted
07-18-2017, 01:44 PM
Beautiful car, love the color combo :thumbsup::thumbsup:

max_boost
07-18-2017, 01:49 PM
oh man if more manufacturers would just include the service into the pricing like BMW it would be great.

Maybe I'm just frugal now haha

rage2
07-18-2017, 02:15 PM
The car is stupid. Even with AWD, an LSD and ESP off, you still get brake management on the rear wheels.
Weird, I never had that. Even on my GLA45, my rear brakes are like new. 90% remaining last service check. Then again I don't have 600hp...

I'm pretty sure you can buy just pads for the car?
You can ya, dealer won't do it. 2nd set of pads on worn rotors eat up pads faster since you can't resurface the rotors, heats soak earlier, so it's not recommended.

On a related note, 1st year warranty covers pads and rotors replacements. There's a C63 BS owner out east that tracked his car extensively and had brakes replaced twice under warranty for free. I couldn't come close to wearing out my brakes the first year with only 7-8k of mileage a year. :(

Sugarphreak
07-18-2017, 02:27 PM

killramos
07-18-2017, 02:44 PM
I am making a concerted effort to drive this car more than the last so I will actually consider myself lucky if I keep it long enough to need to change the brakes. Reality is I have never kept a car long enough to even need new tires :rofl:

And I am not even Shakalaka bad, 3-4 years of light-moderate usage year round DD for my last two cars :dunno: ...

shakalaka
07-18-2017, 03:00 PM
Haha the brakes on my C63 were the same thing; were going to cost around $6K cause of the performance pack. I was getting close to the change at 65'ish K km's and instead I just decided to switch the car. If you guys don't keep the cars long enough, you don't have to worry about brake changes etc. Just a tip. lol.

benyl
07-18-2017, 03:47 PM
Wear and tear warranty is the first 2 years.

Buster
07-18-2017, 05:31 PM
Car is in with rlim891 getting a wrap and the magic coating. I asked him to send me some progress pics just for fun.

Here's the jizz cannon at work:

http://i.imgur.com/SFydsML.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FIa768E.jpg

rage2
07-18-2017, 05:39 PM
Dat ass! :drool:

Darkane
07-18-2017, 10:18 PM
Couple of shout-outs to forum sponsors:

Car is booked in next week for a full wrap and nano coating with SR International, rlim891

Also, thanks to Masked Bandit for getting me setup on insurance for the GTS fast and at a pretty reasonable rate. I recently switched all of my home and auto insurance to Touchstone, and the savings were a few thousand dollars. Stupid TD Insurance.

Really?

I also switched and multivehicle and home policy I saved about 5% (total) with touchstone. Definitely nowhere close to thousands.
I also had TD.

I have better (above and beyond) coverage for home through touchstone, but they couldn't match TD for home price. Was about 8% cheaper through TD. my savings were all auto.

Buster
07-18-2017, 10:55 PM
Really?

I also switched and multivehicle and home policy I saved about 5% (total) with touchstone. Definitely nowhere close to thousands.
I also had TD.

I have better (above and beyond) coverage for home through touchstone, but they couldn't match TD for home price. Was about 8% cheaper through TD. my savings were all auto.

I'm the opposite.

But I think TD basically screwed up my policy....their loss. I like dealing with Masked Bandit, too.

shadowz
07-25-2017, 09:52 AM
Congrats on the purchase,

How much of the car did you get wrapped, also would you mind posting a video or sending one to me post coating, I'd love to see how well it works. Really want to get it done to both cars.