PDA

View Full Version : New Mercedes Dealer

killramos
07-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Anyone else make it to the new Mercedes showroom at the airport for the grand opening yesterday?

Its fucking HUGE and very nice inside, amazing what 50 foot floor to ceiling windows do to the place.

My buddy's girlfriend is a service coordinator there so I said I would come check it out.

Same old sales douche's who don't have a clue who their real customers are compared to the tire kickers who will never buy. Always a good time visiting a high end car dealership in Calgary :facepalm: .

Supposedly it will have a full bistro restaurant and a spa inside but neither were open yesterday. I would have also preferred the AMG section to be bigger but instead they were mixing them in pretty liberally across the showroom. Loved the S63 Coupe they had on feature though, fuck that car...

Will be interesting to hear what beyond thinks of them vs DT and Lonestar.

flipstah
07-04-2017, 09:12 AM
Restaurant? Interesting...

I wonder if it's owned by Hyatt so they can move out of downtown.

killramos
07-04-2017, 09:16 AM
My response to the whole restaurant and spa thing is that since service is basically only open weekdays I am usually just trying to GTFO and to work so dealership amenities are meaningless to me.

I think this level of "destination" dealerships is more common in the states though. I can get my wife to take the car in and hit the spa I guess....

flipstah
07-04-2017, 09:20 AM
Not open weekends? That's a fail.

That's the busiest times. Look at CH Toyota. A gongshow on Saturdays!

killramos
07-04-2017, 09:32 AM
I dunno if that is actually the case, I have never really considered servicing to be an option on weekends I guess...

As for ownership looks like its a third peg, owned by these guys ( same as Mercedes Edmonton West, Varsity Chrysler, Royal Oak Nissan etc. )

http://www.mcmanesautomotive.com/our-dealerships/

Might be able to get some competition going in this city!

dj_rice
07-04-2017, 04:07 PM
Not open weekends? That's a fail.

That's the busiest times. Look at CH Toyota. A gongshow on Saturdays!

They literally just opened Monday first day. They probably don't have the structure yet to fully open or their website hasn't been tweaked yet. My ex co-worker left Benz here in Edmonton to go there. Hes doing the back-counter side. Not sure if they have staff yet for front Parts etc etc. But being first year open, theres going to be alot of hiccups while they figure things out. For ex, my co-worker msging me asking how to receive parts or giving him PN#'s for certain thins LOL

We'll see how it goes in the first year.

For comparison to show how big they are, I did training at the MB Canada West Region Corporate Store in Vancouver @ MB Boundary Road. Biggest on the West Coast MBs. I thought they were huge @ 95K square foot dealership. I believe MB Country Hills is 140K square foot in size.

As for the restaurant thing, must be the ownership idea as theres a bistro in the Mercedes West Edmonton dealer as well. My owners opted out of that and dedicated a whole AMG Driving Simulator in the basement of the AMG showroom which is under-utilized and big waste of money.

killramos
07-04-2017, 04:09 PM
I maintain more competition can only help things in Calgary. Looking at you Calgary BMW.

Xtrema
07-04-2017, 04:12 PM
I maintain more competition can only help things in Calgary. Looking at you Calgary BMW.

So this is a 3rd group with a MB dealership?

I have seen that building coming up over the last year. It does help not to drive all the way down to Lonestar if their service is good. Although Lonestar hasn't really pissed me off yet so far.

killramos
07-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Seems like it is a third ownership group yup.

ganesh
07-04-2017, 04:18 PM

More BMW dealerships in Calgary? Wishful thinking. I was hoping for that for sometime and I have given up. The Dilwari group experience has completely turned me off from BMW.

flipstah
07-04-2017, 04:24 PM
They literally just opened Monday first day. They probably don't have the structure yet to fully open or their website hasn't been tweaked yet. My ex co-worker left Benz here in Edmonton to go there. Hes doing the back-counter side. Not sure if they have staff yet for front Parts etc etc. But being first year open, theres going to be alot of hiccups while they figure things out. For ex, my co-worker msging me asking how to receive parts or giving him PN#'s for certain thins LOL

We'll see how it goes in the first year.

For comparison to show how big they are, I did training at the MB Canada West Region Corporate Store in Vancouver @ MB Boundary Road. Biggest on the West Coast MBs. I thought they were huge @ 95K square foot dealership. I believe MB Country Hills is 140K square foot in size.

As for the restaurant thing, must be the ownership idea as theres a bistro in the Mercedes West Edmonton dealer as well. My owners opted out of that and dedicated a whole AMG Driving Simulator in the basement of the AMG showroom which is under-utilized and big waste of money.

I know. I'm just going off of information in this thread and would be a mistake if they're just open on weekdays. It'll take time for them to get into the groove, but I'm excited for competition in the MB world so there's more incentive to provide good prices and quality service.

killramos
07-04-2017, 04:46 PM
I really wasn't making a particular statement on this new dealers service department being not open on weekends as much as a general statement of dealer service departments having less availability and times on weekends in general ( ie anything taking too long is a mandatory multiple day due to them closing early and no techs in Sundays etc. ).

My bad, I wasn't trying to call them down in that regard, I'm sure they are open on Saturdays similar to any other dealer...

schocker
07-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Really wish this was at royal oak so they could have the trifecta.

Tej.S
07-05-2017, 08:04 PM
If anyone ends up going here for service within the next few months, please post your experience. I'm due for A service in about 5k kms. I would rather go here than drive all the way to lonestar.

Now that I think about it, I've had a mildly unpleasant experience with the service manager at LS. Hopefully the one at country hills is better.

s2k_boi
07-05-2017, 10:06 PM
If anyone ends up going here for service within the next few months, please post your experience. I'm due for A service in about 5k kms. I would rather go here than drive all the way to lonestar.

Now that I think about it, I've had a mildly unpleasant experience with the service manager at LS. Hopefully the one at country hills is better.

X2 I would make the drive there vs. Going to DT or LS if it's better.