PDA

View Full Version : Simple ingredient healthy recipes

J-hop
07-04-2017, 08:09 PM
Thought I'd start a recipe thread. I often run out of ideas of what to make for meals. I'm getting really bored of stereotypical "clean" eating (chicken broccoli and rice, yum!) but I often find googling results in a 20 ingredient recipe with long prep times.

Tonight I made a decent salad with only a few ingredients I found on bodybuilding.com below is the recipe. I didn't have time to bake the sweet potato so I just pan fried it for a while and it turned out pretty good. I also didn't have garlic salt so I used a combo of garlic powder and table salt.

I will say it was a touch boring so I added plain Greek yogurt. But I would definitely make it again. Was super quick to make and really hit the spot.

Ingredients
 1 can kidney beans
 1 can black beans
 1 can whole kernel corn
 Handful chopped cilantro
 1 large sweet potato, baked and cubed
 1 tsp garlic salt
 1 tbsp olive oil
Directions
1. Pan fry sweet potato in olive oil and set aside to cool.
2. Drain and rinse kidney beans, black beans, and corn and add to a large bowl.
3. Add garlic salt, cilantro, and cooled sweet potato to the bowl of beans and
stir.
4. Enjoy as is or use as a side dish.
Nutrition Facts
Per serving, recipe makes 3 Calories 357
Fat 7 g
Carbs 63 g
Protein 20 g

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/5-healthy-protein-packed-spring-salad-recipes.html

Post up your favourite recipe, and if you have estimated macro counts that would be great!

ExtraSlow
07-04-2017, 09:01 PM
If you want to lower your sodium, use dried beans and just soak them before you cook. Canned beans have tons of salt and shit in them. Dried beans are also cheap as hell and last forever, so handy to have in your pantry.

My breakfast most days (and has been for five years or so.)

I think I posted my breakfast recipie a while back, but took the time to weigh it out and check the nutrition on it.
I have a dry mix of slivered blanched almonds (30g), roasted pumpkin seeds (20g) and steel cut oats (10g). I mix that into flavoured yogurt (80g)

End up with 14.6g protein, 380 calories, keeps me full for hours and it is tasty as fuck. Probably has a decent dose of fibre and other nutrients too.
Using unsweetened Greek yogurt improves things a bit, but I just don't like it.

Brent.ff
07-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Im back on Whole 30 again, so my breakfast are half a spulumbos sausage, a potato and 2 eggs. Pretty hard to beat for easy, clean and healthy. Or i do a 'breakfast bowl' of eggs, banana, nuts, nut butter, dried cranberries and a scoop of hemp hearts.

Pretty well everything whole30 is easy to make, and add a sous vide and you've got some easy good eats.