PDA

View Full Version : Daily email newsletters - oil and gas - camtrader, JWN Energy, DOB, EnergyNow etc

ExtraSlow
07-18-2017, 10:59 AM
Not sure if this belongs in the careers section, but wanted peoples thoughts on the various daily email newletters that you can get for the petroleum industry. I use to be a huge fan of the Daily Oil Bulletin, and truly thought it made me better informed if I read it. I was finding interesting stuff every day.
These days, there are more options, and many of them are free, but I'm finding them less useful. Not sure if it's them or me that's changed.

Here's a list of everything I can think of. Daily Oil Bulletin, JWN Energy news, EnergyNow, BOE report, CamTrader. Did I miss any?

Which of these do you like best, and do you agree with my assessment that they are less useful now then they used to be in the past?

I do find value in the ARC Energy charts that I get once a week, but that's a very different thing.

lasimmon
07-18-2017, 11:36 AM
I used to get the DOB, but no longer do.

I currently just get the BOE Report which is ok. Some reading in the morning if I so choose.

SKR
07-18-2017, 12:38 PM
I read Pipeline News every month, but that's it. It's mostly about Saskatchewan and Manitoba, and a little bit about Lloydminster, Cold Lake and Bonnyville. It works for me. I don't much care about what goes on in Alberta as I rarely work there.

Edit: It's less informative now than it was before. Not so much that the quality has gone down, more the quantity. Which is understandable now when no one wants to spend money on anything so there's probably not much advertising money coming in.

killramos
07-18-2017, 12:40 PM
Just sign up for marketwired and you will get everything you ever need. Between that, BOE Report, and the odd pop onto BNN you aren't missing much.