PDA

View Full Version : First 2018 C63 AMG S Coupe In NA, Dealership Wants It Back

dj_rice
07-22-2017, 03:37 PM
Stumbled on this video on Youtube and wanted to share this. How does this happen? Most of the 18's are still sitting at the docks waiting to be regulated

Coles Note:
Guy pre-orders 2017 C63S AMG Coupe from Halifax MB dealer
Dealerships calls him and says they can upgrade him into 2018MY for $10/month more
He takes delivery
Dealership says they messed up and want the car back, his 18MY isn't regulated to be on road yet
They will give him SL63 loaner in mean time while his car gets regulated
He doesn't want to give it back

8l1Pb1-aPTk

Theres an after video saying the Mercedes VP Canada called him and they worked out a solution. $$??

benyl
07-22-2017, 04:21 PM
Likely someone at the dock released the wrong car.

He got a loaner SL63 until the C63S is road worthy. He alludes to a discount as well.

RickDaTuner
07-22-2017, 06:23 PM
I think the dealer is worried more about the fine they're about to receive from transport Canada, more than anything else.
The owner is looking at possible destruction of the vehicle as well.

That situation sucks for sure, and I wouldn't hesitate going after the dealer if anything goes further south.

Buster
07-22-2017, 06:28 PM
I would offer to sell the car back to the dealer.... For a tidy profit

npham
07-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Shitty situation, but this guy seems like a bitch. Just take the loaner, get some cash back from the dealership/corporate and move on. It doesn't have to be a big deal; clearly MB fucked up, but he was pressuring them for a delivery date which likely caused the fuck up in the first place. I see that in the latest video he got the loaner and a deal. I suspect he was just blowing this up for his YT/IG followers, but in reality he was just going to take the deal like any normal person would.

zhao
07-22-2017, 11:13 PM
I was about to say, This (this guy) is whats wrong with the world and boohoo. .... Plus he doesn't get his car on the day he thinks he should so he drives to the fricken port looking for it? wtf.... no one normal does that.... You're not someone special, the port does what it wants with what it wants when it wants and you get no say, so sit down and shut up and wait for them to do their things. shit happens. they randomly inspect shit all the time (2-3%) and when that happens boom, instantly 3-4 week delay every time it happened to me.

But watching the entire video he convinced me he's not as out to lunch as he sounds in the first 4 minutes; there is some legitimacy to his bitching. SL63 is technically a good offer to drive while things get sorted out, but if it does nothing for him, it does nothing for him. It wouldn't do anything for me either. That I get. I dont like that car either as it is a totally different type of vehicle (If i bought a base 911, i probably wouldn't want a panamera turbo as a substitute), and I wouldn't want to be responsible for damaging it, but if they offered that deal and some additional discount, i'd take it because why not mile out a loaner for 2-3 months that costs over twice as much new?

I believe him and agree with him too that if they are not going to put anything in writing then he's going to get screwed when he tries to collect. If your offer is going to be honored, why not put it down on paper? If you're going to offer the guy something knowing its not going to be likely honored... that's when u dont want to put it down on paper.

JordanLotoski
07-23-2017, 10:50 PM
My 18 E63s has been sitting in Halifax for almost 3 months now..very frustrating

rage2
07-23-2017, 11:22 PM
My 18 E63s has been sitting in Halifax for almost 3 months now..very frustrating
Blame VW and their diesel cheating. Canadian certifications relies on EPA. If they're behind, we're behind.

tonytiger55
07-23-2017, 11:57 PM
Daaang... I think is this guy related to my Goomba face friend in the UK.

acedia
07-24-2017, 12:52 AM
Well, he gets to mile out a nice loaner while most people waiting on that car have shit-all.... so I guess that's a plus.

BTW, props to OP for sitting through a 17+ minute video of a guy talking. I can't sit through that stuff personally. :)

benyl
07-24-2017, 10:36 AM
Blame VW and their diesel cheating. Canadian certifications relies on EPA. If they're behind, we're behind.

CETA can't come soon enough...

Tej.S
07-24-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but he still has to make payments while he awaits for the car to receive regulation. That's probably one of the main reasons he's so salty lol, plus he's getting A LOT of shit from the guys over at MB world lol.

killramos
07-24-2017, 09:26 PM
Meh when my delivery got messed up they gave me a glc300. At least he gets an amg, one twice the price, to bomb around in until he picks up his car.

Honestly this sounds like a dealership who keeps going above and beyond for their client who's hands are tied by an issue that is so far removed from them who are doing everything to get him through this.

aka. He's being a little bitch dragging them through the mud on the internet like this.

dirtsniffer
07-24-2017, 11:52 PM
It's his car right? Registered and insured? If so, the asking price just became 1 million.

30 seconds in to the video and he says cAR with a hard argh like an easterner and then says coupe like a Brit. Fuck him.

My opinion remains the same after the video. Whiny fucker. Deal sounds pretty good. See how many miles he can put on a sl63.