PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Recomendations For A Car Shipping Company?

brucebanner
08-02-2017, 09:29 AM
Hey guys, wondering has had any experience lately with any car shipping companies or can make a good recommendation. I have a bid put up on uship.com but don't really know any other good options to track down as well.

Looking for a car to be picked up in New Brunswick and delivered to Alberta, Red Deer area preferably.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Oh and incase anyone is wondering, it's for this car:

SkiBum5.0
08-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Awesome pick up! I've used Hanson's Forwarding for train shipments twice.

thinmyster
08-02-2017, 05:03 PM
My wife works for jack cooper. Maybe give them a call they do personal shipments.

A2VR6
08-02-2017, 11:27 PM

+1 on Hansen's. Used them and was happy.

Team_Mclaren
08-03-2017, 01:30 AM
are you just looking for any regular car shipping company or EVT? huge different. Just shipped a couple of cars through Thorsons EVT from Ontoria and they are due to arrive tomorrow. I'll let you know how that went.

brucebanner
08-03-2017, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'd prefer EVT but prefer the pricing of an open car hauler seems to be more attractive. Still waiting on some more quotes to come in.

G-ZUS
08-03-2017, 09:04 AM
My wife works for jack cooper. Maybe give them a call they do personal shipments.

Used Jack Cooper twice, and good experience both times :thumbsup:

Team_Mclaren
08-03-2017, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'd prefer EVT but prefer the pricing of an open car hauler seems to be more attractive. Still waiting on some more quotes to come in.

the vehicles arrived today with Thorsons and they are very professional. Cost was just under 2k per vehicle from TO to Calgary. It took about a week to get here.

Honestly if you are shipping anything of value, I'd go with EVT.

killramos
08-04-2017, 10:16 AM
We shipped our FJ crusier from Halifax a few years back through Hanson's ( honestly there were a few partnered companies involved i think but they took care of the logitistics ). Took a while and was not cheap but can't say there were any red flags from the process?

HiTempguy1
08-04-2017, 12:09 PM
I'm going out that way in November with a two car enclosed trailer. Doesn't sound like you want to wait that long though.

brucebanner
08-04-2017, 12:53 PM
Trying to get the car out here within a couple weeks to enjoy it for the rest of the season. I think I found an option even though it's open carrier. I'm going to insure it to the 9s just in case.

Thanks for the offer HiTempguy1

The other option I was considering was meeting up in Ontario and pull it back myself but that's a last resort option haha.

I'll let you guys know who I go through after booking and receiving the car.

TYMSMNY
08-04-2017, 08:12 PM
are you just looking for any regular car shipping company or EVT? huge different. Just shipped a couple of cars through Thorsons EVT from Ontoria and they are due to arrive tomorrow. I'll let you know how that went.

Do they stop by the side of the road and overfill the engine oil reserve while getting a cup of coffee? :angel:

brucebanner
08-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Do they stop by the side of the road and overfill the engine oil reserve while getting a cup of coffee? :angel:

I feel like there's a story here.

On a positive note. Car was picked up this morning and is on its way to Ontairo, where it'll transfer trucks and head to Alberta. Should be here during my next days off. Very much looking forward to that.

Sorath
08-08-2017, 07:49 PM
I feel like there's a story here.

:(

max_boost
08-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Wow GT3 Sorath. BO$$

zhao
08-08-2017, 09:02 PM

Screw that company. They destroyed the front bumper on a bmw I shipped. All the damage lined up with their ramps, and it looked like the bumper had been cheese graded in both those spots. I had pictures of it before they picked it up showing an undamaged bumper. I complained in the yard about the damage while picking it up. Took pictures of it in their yard. Submitted everything to their claims department.

Paraphrasing, they told me to go fuck myself as they had their own internal check list done by the driver saying it was fucked like that already.

You'd be better off using this guy:

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/97x.com/files/2015/04/ferris-630x354.png

I started using livingston/searail after that and never looked back. I've shipped 3 digit figures worth of cars with them and they haven't damaged a car yet.

tehwegz
08-10-2017, 05:37 PM
I work near Livingston and watched them load up a new Cayman GT4 (easily my fav modern Porsche) in to a train. They had a person watching the bumper and undercarriage clearance, they got an operator on the hydraulic ramps to adjust the height/tail angle, and that wasn't enough so they grabbed a couple 1" thick boards.

brucebanner
08-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Shit Sorath that's brutal.

On a positive note, I received confirmation today that my car arrived in Calgary(well ahead of schedule). On the downside, I don't get home until Wednesday evening. Will receive the car Thursday morning, I'll keep you guys posted and let you know who the company I used was once the process is complete.

TYMSMNY
08-14-2017, 11:43 PM
Shit Sorath that's brutal.

On a positive note, I received confirmation today that my car arrived in Calgary(well ahead of schedule). On the downside, I don't get home until Wednesday evening. Will receive the car Thursday morning, I'll keep you guys posted and let you know who the company I used was once the process is complete.

beauty. Did you end up using an EVT

brucebanner
08-15-2017, 05:09 PM
TYMSMNY I went with an open transport. Didn't like the scheduling + cost of EVT. I'm sure everything will be fine, but I'll know for sure Thursday when I receive the car.

brucebanner
08-17-2017, 11:46 AM
Car is in my possession safe and sound. A little dirty from the open transport but cleaner than I expected. Overall pretty happen with the cost and overall experience.

The company I used wad "Auto Moves Ltd."