PDA

View Full Version : Bike Shop Recommendations

MushiSushi
08-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a bike shop for maintenance?

I was told I need my front fork seals replaced. Honda wants ~$600+, but I figured I'd call around.

Any suggestions would be nice.

Thanks,
Edward

Rocket1k78
08-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Redline has treated me really good.

http://redlinecalgary.com/

Depending on what type of bike and how bad it is ive seen some type of shim kit or something that is supposed to stop the leak. I tried to google for you but couldnt find it but theres an actual product for this. I did find this from revzilla though
https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/this-tip-could-save-you-a-fork-seal-replacement-job

MushiSushi
08-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, Redline is closed but i sent them an email.

Interesting tip on the shim idea, might be something i'll look into in the future. For now, I think i should probably do the replacement (it's an 06' and I doubt it's been done before).

LilDrunkenSmurf
08-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, Redline is closed but i sent them an email.

Interesting tip on the shim idea, might be something i'll look into in the future. For now, I think i should probably do the replacement (it's an 06' and I doubt it's been done before).

I took my forks off myself, and brought them loose, into redline, to do the fork seals on them. I think it worked out to ~310 by doing it that way. I was quoted ~1hr per fork, 1hr to remove/reinstall them, plus the seals and fluid, if I brought the whole bike in. So I essentially saved myself ~1hr of labour by bringing them in loose.

snowcat
08-09-2017, 02:33 PM
I took my forks off myself, and brought them loose, into redline, to do the fork seals on them. I think it worked out to ~310 by doing it that way. I was quoted ~1hr per fork, 1hr to remove/reinstall them, plus the seals and fluid, if I brought the whole bike in. So I essentially saved myself ~1hr of labour by bringing them in loose.

100% the best play, bring just the forks in.