PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Media needs your help! - Sign the petition!

sxtasy
08-17-2017, 07:03 PM
https://youtu.be/c3UKAivWrio

Rebel Media loses 300 advertisers: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/08/17/rebel-media-has-lost-300-advertisers-in-past-3-months-group_a_23081721/

UCP members distance themselves from the Rebel: http://globalnews.ca/news/3678596/united-conservative-partys-brian-jean-jason-kenney-distance-themselves-from-rebel-media/

Poor Ezra, rough past couple days.

kertejud2
08-17-2017, 09:07 PM
Adding to the exodus is Gavin McInnes, I thought he'd go down with the ship.

Faith Goldy was fired today, so even Ezra has a line that you can go too far right of.

Is there anybody left?

Seeing The Rebel in such a downward spiral is even funner to watch than Fildebrandt's fall from grace. Maybe him and Ezra should start a support group.

J-hop
08-17-2017, 09:33 PM
The rebel is the right wing version of the young Turks. Just hyper opinion pieces not news. In fact to try to avoid libel charges Ezra has specifically stated in the past that he does not report news.

Looks like their site is down? I can't open it

Xtrema
08-17-2017, 09:34 PM
Sad that it took almost 4 days for Jean and Kenney to distance themselves tho. From we need more media like The Rebel on Monday to we ain't going back to The Rebel on Thursday.

The rebel is the right wing version of the young Turks. Just hyper opinion pieces not news. In fact to try to avoid libel charges Ezra has specifically stated in the past that he does not report news.

Looks like their site is down? I can't open it

Poison on the left doesn't justify poison on the right. Extremism is bad on either side spectrum. But at least I don't think the left has promoted hate and violence yet. Their website is up but sounds like they may have to go to the dark web soon like Daily Stormer at this pace.

Speaking of Daily Stormer:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-daily-stormer-shafted-by-wang

J-hop
08-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Poison on the left doesn't justify poison on the right. Extremism is bad on either side spectrum. But at least I don't think the left has promoted hate and violence yet. Their website is up but sounds like they may have to go to the dark web soon like Daily Stormer at this pace.

Agreed, I used to watch Ezra and the young Turks for entertainment but after a while it becomes pretty toxic.

Yea my phone was the problem getting on their site

Xtrema
08-17-2017, 10:12 PM
Agreed, I used to watch Ezra and the young Turks for entertainment but after a while it becomes pretty toxic.

Extremism happens when journalism follow the $. It took cable news decades to get there but it only take years or only months to get there on internet.

Everyone subscribes to their pockets instead of having a happy middle feeding you info and understanding both side of the issue. Tolerance is lost.

googe
08-17-2017, 10:32 PM
This kid isn't worse than Ezra, but he sounds like kind of a shitbag too. It's like him and Ezra were made for each other.

Glad to see the rebel fall though. Can't stand seeing him knowingly lie to gullible people.

Gestalt
08-17-2017, 11:08 PM
Scheer left the door open.

dirtsniffer
08-17-2017, 11:16 PM
Extremism happens when journalism follow the $. It took cable news decades to get there but it only take years or only months to get there on internet.

Everyone subscribes to their pockets instead of having a happy middle feeding you info and understanding both side of the issue. Tolerance is lost.

It's what the CBC should be because they're funded by us. The should be the least biased source in theory.

Buster
08-17-2017, 11:25 PM
Sad that it took almost 4 days for Jean and Kenney to distance themselves tho. From we need more media like The Rebel on Monday to we ain't going back to The Rebel on Thursday.

Speaking of Daily Stormer:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-daily-stormer-shafted-by-wang

What?

Antifa and BLM are both "from the left" and highly violent. The Berkeley riots earlier this year were leftist. I could go on.

max_boost
08-18-2017, 12:55 AM
Amen buster rhymes.

J-hop
08-18-2017, 06:24 AM
What?

Antifa and BLM are both "from the left" and highly violent. The Berkeley riots earlier this year were leftist. I could go on.

I missed that comment, maybe he's talking about media sources? Like the rebels release of "the 10 things I hate about Jews"

The left extremists are no better.

Funny as I thought the rebel came up several months ago and there were quite a number of supporters on here, I wonder where they went?

sexualbanana
08-18-2017, 09:51 AM
What?

Still not Nazis.

ZenOps
08-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Turks seems reasonable most of the time to my sensibilities. They do have the occasional whacked out conspiracy theory, as does the right news like rebel.

Personally I think I'm right 100% of the time though...

dj_patm
08-18-2017, 10:42 AM
What?

Difference being they have some semblance of a cause besides "I really hate jews and other minorities"

(Not that I support their methods at all)

Phenix
08-18-2017, 11:17 AM
there are two replies to this video from the two people involved. not a good situation.

A790
08-18-2017, 11:32 AM
What?

I'd be curious to know how many those groups have killed.

HiTempguy1
08-18-2017, 11:56 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_shooting_of_Dallas_police_officers

Uh, do you really need me to go find you more? Derpity derp. :rolleyes:

Buster
08-18-2017, 12:47 PM

Stalin is currently the all-time body count record holder.

The violent left in Charlottesville were, essentially, Stalinists.

finboy
08-18-2017, 12:52 PM

The violent left in Charlottesville were, essentially, Stalinists.

I thought Mao had the number one spot, then Stalin

Per the whole body count issue, there was a guy cracking people in the head with a bike lock, and there is footage of many people hitting others in the head with flag poles at the Berkeley incident. Just because hey didn't successfully kill someone doesn't mean it they weren't trying.

Brining any level of violence to a protest is stupid, and both sides are awful for doing so.

Antonito
08-18-2017, 12:56 PM

The violent left in Charlottesville were, essentially, Stalinists. in what way?

Edited because I'm too lazy to google

Xtrema
08-18-2017, 01:10 PM
What?

BLM is a protest against cops and racists that happen to have thugs among them.

Nazi-ism is all thugs saving the right to be racists.

Again, yin, yan. You won't have one without the other and feeding each other off. The stronger is one, the stronger is the other.

Buster
08-18-2017, 01:21 PM
BLM is hardly a protest movement any more. It's essentially a a racial collectivist movement - which is abhorrent.

01RedDX
08-18-2017, 01:22 PM

Buster
08-18-2017, 01:28 PM
in what way?

Edited because I'm too lazy to google

Well, their ethos is essential a "pro worker", communist. (I'm not particularly interested in parsing the differences between bolshevism and stalinism/communism).

In terms of symbolism, they embrace this - the hammer and sickle is ubiquitous within the Antifa actions

sexualbanana
08-19-2017, 12:11 AM
Well, their ethos is essential a "pro worker", communist. (I'm not particularly interested in parsing the differences between bolshevism and stalinism/communism).

In terms of symbolism, they embrace this - the hammer and sickle is ubiquitous within the Antifa actions

Still not Nazis.

Buster
08-19-2017, 12:30 AM
Still not Nazis.

Careful not to over-use the term. Nazis pretty much hate the leaders of the alt-right...and that was more or less the acknowledged organizing group of Charlottesville.

Xtrema
08-19-2017, 08:28 AM
Careful not to over-use the term. Nazis pretty much hate the leaders of the alt-right...and that was more or less the acknowledged organizing group of Charlottesville.

That said, Nazism disguising as and hiding behind free speech is a troubling trend.

Antonito
08-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Careful not to over-use the term. Nazis pretty much hate the leaders of the alt-right...and that was more or less the acknowledged organizing group of Charlottesville. and yet there they were at the rally.

It's funny that you purposely disregard the difference between antifas and Stalinists while nitpicking every possible link between alt-right and literal nazis, despite the indisputable evidence from the last week or so. Sure the nazis dislike the alt-right, it would be weird if they didn't. The entire existence of the alt-right is based on a bunch of people that are bitter that nobody likes them

Maxt
08-19-2017, 10:39 AM
Difference being they have some semblance of a cause besides "I really hate jews and other minorities"

(Not that I support their methods at all)
And what a cause that is,hating capitalism, conservatives and free speech.

Gestalt
08-19-2017, 11:01 AM
White supremecist sympathizers right here. :facepalm:

Buster
08-19-2017, 11:55 AM
And what a cause that is,hating capitalism, conservatives and free speech.

And the educated/intellectual/professional class

Buster
08-19-2017, 01:50 PM
White supremecist sympathizers right here. :facepalm:

failure in logic

Gestalt
08-19-2017, 02:32 PM
failure in logic

Gotta hand it to Trump. Delivered a master class in Sun Tzu and got the nazis to come out of the closet, got the kkk to take off their cowrd hoods , exposed them and mobilized the whole world against these monsters.

:thumbsup:

sexualbanana
08-20-2017, 05:18 PM
Gotta hand it to Trump. Delivered a master class in Sun Tzu and got the nazis to come out of the closet, got the kkk to take off their cowrd hoods , exposed them and mobilized the whole world against these monsters.

:thumbsup:

So you believe he's sacrificing his reputation in order to draw out white supremacists/nationalists and alt-right supporters?

Gestalt
08-21-2017, 12:24 AM
So you believe he's sacrificing his reputation in order to draw out white supremacists/nationalists and alt-right supporters?

What reputation are you referring to?

He is dimantling corrupt american politics like a master. He is exposing everything rotten.

J-hop
08-21-2017, 08:05 AM
What reputation are you referring to?

He is dimantling corrupt american politics like a master. He is exposing everything rotten.

do you really think Trump is not corrupt?

Gestalt
08-21-2017, 08:10 AM
do you really think Trump is not corrupt?

Do yo u have prrof that he is?

Gestalt
08-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Turns out rebel media was hosted my the nazi website the daily stormer.

GoDaddy pulled the plug on the stormer, taking Rebel Mews down with it.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/the-rebel-disrupted-as-it-loses-its-domain-provider/

googe
08-21-2017, 09:56 PM
Turns out rebel media was hosted my the nazi website the daily stormer.

GoDaddy pulled the plug on the stormer, taking Rebel Mews down with it.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/the-rebel-disrupted-as-it-loses-its-domain-provider/

No, that is not what happened. Rebel was pulled separately. Don't spread fake news, or you're just as bad as the rebel.

J-hop
08-21-2017, 10:18 PM
No, that is not what happened. Rebel was pulled separately. Don't spread fake news, or you're just as bad as the rebel.

This.

Don't know why Ezra is suggesting it is censorship. I would have thought he would be the first person to stand up and promote a free market economy. In a free market providers can decide to distance themselves from the fuckery if they want to, that is their right. What a baby.

Is kind of scary the article reminds us how successful the Rebel was before this shit storm. Either there is a significant population with a screwy view of the world or (hopefully) one that thinks it's hilarious.

sexualbanana
08-22-2017, 01:46 AM
This.

Don't know why Ezra is suggesting it is censorship. I would have thought he would be the first person to stand up and promote a free market economy. In a free market providers can decide to distance themselves from the fuckery if they want to, that is their right. What a baby.

Is kind of scary the article reminds us how successful the Rebel was before this shit storm. Either there is a significant population with a screwy view of the world or (hopefully) one that thinks it's hilarious.

Because they have no problem playing the victim card when it comes to people they are perceiving to to censor their right to free speech. The problem being, they fail to see (or refuse to acknowledge) that although they have the right to free speech, that doesn't mean they are entitled to have a channel.

J-hop
08-22-2017, 07:50 AM
Because they have no problem playing the victim card when it comes to people they are perceiving to to censor their right to free speech. The problem being, they fail to see (or refuse to acknowledge) that although they have the right to free speech, that doesn't mean they are entitled to have a channel.

No kidding,

The far right- "at least we aren't whiney little babies like those stupid leftist SJWs"

Also the far right - "WAAAAAHHHHHH, WAAAAAAHHHHH

Xtrema
08-22-2017, 08:36 AM
This.

Don't know why Ezra is suggesting it is censorship.

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/free_speech.png