PDA

View Full Version : Speaker wire by the foot?

b_t
08-18-2017, 02:51 PM
Anywhere in Calgary still selling big gauge (4, 2, 0/1) power wire by the foot? I want to do a battery relocation and the stuff intended for audio is a lot prettier than going out for welding cables from Princess Auto

Disoblige
08-18-2017, 02:56 PM
London Drugs or maybe Home Depot? Could call and ask.

G-ZUS
08-18-2017, 03:08 PM
welding wire from princess auto works

eglove
08-18-2017, 03:12 PM
welding wire from princess auto works

a lot prettier than going out for welding cables from Princess Auto

:rofl:

Autotemp might sell it by the foot

G-ZUS
08-18-2017, 03:33 PM
:rofl:

Autotemp might sell it by the foot

My bad, missed that last bit :facepalm: Visions might also sell it

BokCh0y
08-18-2017, 04:26 PM
Honestly...i don't know where would be selling that stuff anymore. With Soundsaround closed, I don't know where to get it - maybe Autotemp?

How much are you looking for? I might have some lying you can just have. And worst case, try the wreckers - bucks. Most of the time that stuff is just left in teh cars anyway, just some exstallation and that's it.

ianmcc
08-18-2017, 05:18 PM
Go to Pick n Pull and grab some from a BMW with a trunk mounted battery; they have battery terminals pre-done as well. They have maxi fuse holders as well.
They charge $4.29 per cable. A bit of a chore to pull it out complete as it runs through the trunk and under the carpet.

b_t
08-19-2017, 07:03 PM
Honestly...i don't know where would be selling that stuff anymore. With Soundsaround closed, I don't know where to get it - maybe Autotemp?

How much are you looking for? I might have some lying you can just have. And worst case, try the wreckers - bucks. Most of the time that stuff is just left in teh cars anyway, just some exstallation and that's it.

I'm looking for like ... 15, maybe 20 feet of translucent red wire?

but I went and measured everything up and the battery doesn't fit where I wanted to put it, so the whole project is on hold until I decide I do not, in fact, mind stripping half my interior for extra clearance