PDA

View Full Version : cost to pour new foundation

holden
08-22-2017, 08:15 PM
Anybody have a very rough ballpark for the cost to replace a foundation on an existing home (1800 sq. ft. 2 -story infill)? Like $50K? $100K?

RealJimmyJames
08-22-2017, 08:20 PM
Where are you going to put the house while it's being poured?

superflychief
08-22-2017, 08:34 PM
Give my buddy Arthur a call. He pours foundations for tons of builders in town. He can help you out. Tell him Greg sent you. 403-619-4278

holden
08-23-2017, 10:00 PM
Where are you going to put the house while it's being poured?

I imagine it would be jacked up and the foundation would be done a section at a time. I think they jack up the entire house in place and just pour the whole things at once.

FraserB
08-24-2017, 06:38 AM
Are you the same guy as the one on CP whose plan was to try and make a massive lowball offer on a home with a wood foundation and then pour concrete to try and increase sale value?

ExtraSlow
08-24-2017, 07:42 AM
Are you the same guy as the one on CP whose plan was to try and make a massive lowball offer on a home with a wood foundation and then pour concrete to try and increase sale value?

This sounds like a winning plan. No way you could loose.

jwslam
08-24-2017, 08:12 AM
Reference
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?p=6353526#post6353526

holden
08-24-2017, 04:55 PM

Yup, but I wouldn't say massive lowball, I'd say fair value for what it's worth. I wasn't planning on doing it to make a quick buck, I just wanted the option so I won't get fleeced when I sell. I'd be happy to just get back what I paid for the house (plus whatever appreciation/depreciation has happened in the Calgary RE market for that time period). I just don't want to be that sucker that was the only one that made an offer on a house that everyone ran away from.

Pretty much 80% of the people I've spoken to have said run away or they wouldn't consider buying one. My purely anecdotal survey means that I'd be cutting out the majority of potential buyers (probably why the house has been sitting for 2 months and been through a price drop). Anyways, I've decided not to go through with it as it's more risk than I want to take on.