PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Formula 1 Pirelli Belgian Grand Prix

phreezee
08-24-2017, 10:23 AM
Some news coming off the break:

Kimi resigned for 2018 and a part of me hopes he wins this weekend.

Stoffel resigned for 2018 and gets 35 grid place penalty for engine replacement.

Hopefully the low downforce package does well for McLaren.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH_Ik7VXoAAiogz.jpg

tonytiger55
08-24-2017, 10:41 AM
Holy shit, thats this weekend. I totally forgot.

I think the shock of defeat in the last race was a bit much for the Goomba. I heard rumours he was visiting places where he grew up whilst listening to Johnny Cash's Song 'Hurt'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ta7mkgrOU

Im a bit split on this race. The track favours Mercedes but the Red baron has been conistant.

I better start writing the next chapter of the Count Von Messerschmidt Vs Goomba Chronicles....

rage2
08-24-2017, 10:41 AM
Ilmor has been working with Honda and have found a ton of performance on the dyno (for next year). Toro Rosso Honda talks failed, Sauber Honda talks done, and McLaren is in a tough spot so they'll probably end up with Honda again next year.

So glad summer break is over.

flipstah
08-24-2017, 01:43 PM
Hondddddaaaaaaaa

rage2
08-26-2017, 07:09 AM
Over 300km/h through downhill Pouhon.

revelations
08-26-2017, 02:15 PM
Some news coming off the break:

Kimi resigned for 2018 and a part of me hopes he wins this weekend.

Hopefully the low downforce package does well for McLaren.

Um. you mean RE-SIGNED .... not resigned.

HUGE difference there.

eblend
08-26-2017, 06:35 PM
Um. you mean RE-SIGNED .... not resigned.

HUGE difference there.

Haha, I thought he resigned end of season based on this post as well. Today when watching the qualifier I am like...oh....he is good for another year...wtf..hahah

npham
08-26-2017, 07:14 PM
Jesus, Lewis went beast mode in Q3. I didn't think we were going to see mid 1:42's...Vettel had a monster of a lap to be P2 as well.

phreezee
08-26-2017, 11:34 PM
LOL, nobody resigns from Formula 1, retire maybe.

Really disappointed Vettel got 2nd, but he must have been pumped from being RE-SIGNED with Ferrari for 3 years.

phreezee
08-27-2017, 01:23 PM
I thought we'd miss out on inter-team fireworks with Nico's retirement, but Force India delivers! Unbelievable stuff from Perez.

Poor Max and unbelievable luck for Daniel.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIPO_vXWAAE1qAT.jpg

cloud7
08-27-2017, 02:10 PM
McLaren has got to make a decision on engine supplier soon but the only realistic choices are Honda and Renault. You are pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place. There are no guarantees with Renault as Red Bull has been complaining about Renault power and reliability lately. However, with Alonso seemingly pushing for a change, it seems like McLaren will have to make a change to Renault if it wants to keep Alonso unless Honda delivers more pace with the next engine specs in the next few races. It is not going to pretty in Monza next weekend either for the team.

flipstah
08-28-2017, 12:39 AM
Honda needs to reevaluate life if Alonso killed the car by doing his job and going flat out on a corner

tonytiger55
08-28-2017, 02:21 AM
This shit at Honda is not funny. Someone needs to find the lead design engineers and managers at Honda, put a fat chunk of Wasabi in their ass and sow up their buttholes. The pain might force them to alternative forms of thinking and motivate them to do better.

What the fuck is happening between the Force India drivers?

I just find it Ironic that it's Force India. Life imitates art kinda thing. Reminds me of the local Temple my sisters inlaws go to in Forest Lawn. They are working on the place to be a force for good in the community. But there is so much infighting, its never going to happen. I wonder if the stakeholders in the temple have connections to Force India..?

Where is R154? I bet he is is BBQ hunting for the upcoming F1 Brockwurst fest.

rage2
08-28-2017, 07:40 AM
If you're going to make that comparison, Ocon is clearly in the wrong based on Indian driving rules and standards. Car in front has right of way at all times haha.

flipstah
08-28-2017, 08:35 AM
This shit at Honda is not funny. Someone needs to find the lead design engineers and managers at Honda, put a fat chunk of Wasabi in their ass and sow up their buttholes. The pain might force them to alternative forms of thinking and motivate them to do better.

What the fuck is happening between the Force India drivers?

I just find it Ironic that it's Force India. Life imitates art kinda thing. Reminds me of the local Temple my sisters inlaws go to in Forest Lawn. They are working on the place to be a force for good in the community. But there is so much infighting, its never going to happen. I wonder if the stakeholders in the temple have connections to Force India..?

Where is R154? I bet he is is BBQ hunting for the upcoming F1 Brockwurst fest.

I like you. You're cool shit.

schocker
08-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Perez is a real douche. Tries to push ocon into the wall twice because he is faster and won't ever let his teammate past him willingly. That and he still thinks he is going to get a seat at a top tier team.
I enjoyed the race though, some nice passes I thought. Was hoping for a sneak vettel DRS, but it never materialized. Three more years at ferrari though, so now no more secret backup mercedes contract.