PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gen Preludes

Zoom_Zoom
03-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Im looking to buy an 1988 Prelude Si 4ws. Are these cars reliable? Does anyone have experience with them? Any major problems since its the first year of that gen?

Thanks

AutodreamMarvin
03-23-2004, 11:06 PM
wasn't there another post EXACTLY like this?
if it isn't, and you don't want to search, i'll tell you the exact same thing I told the other guy.

3RD GEN PRELUDES ARE PIECES OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

on that same note, I have one for sale.

3G
03-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by brbHPR
if it isn't, and you don't want to search, i'll tell you the exact same thing I told the other guy.

My friends is pretty solid but can you post some specs on yours? Im interested if the price is right

Jynx
03-24-2004, 07:08 PM

good luck sellin a car when ure slammin ure own ride

ExtremeSi
03-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Mine has been decent to me for the past two years. One thing you'll want to do is replace the timing belt because you don't want it to break! Cost me about $1000 to fix everything when it broke because I couldn't do all the labour. It's about $400 to change the timing belt or much cheaper if you do it yourself. But overall I've been quite happy with this car. Rust on the rear quarters is an issue, but they seem pretty mechanically sound. However, it's always best to look for the lowest km's. From what I've heard the 4WS system does not make that big of a difference. But I've never driven one with it so I'm not sure. If it ever breaks though it's quite pricy. But the 3rd gen mechanical systems are supposed to be pretty good. It's the 4th gen electronic-controlled systems that were more prone to problems.
And lastly, if you want to mod the car it's not a good platform only because there is nothing avaliable for it! You can get a header and exhaust, but even an intake is very hard to come by. Good luck

boostless
04-14-2004, 09:38 PM

haha, bump for his ride since i know its in WICKED shape, i was thining bout buying it for a winteer beater, but alas shcool fees, still really solid ride n he takes care of it too really well, if ur buyin on id get this one for sure :thumbsup: