PDA

View Full Version : North Korea videogame "Hunting Yankee"

ZenOps
08-28-2017, 03:47 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/27/north-korean-firm-releases-hunting-yankee-computer-game/

About 15 years late, but better late then never.

dj_patm
08-28-2017, 03:52 PM
This thread nicely coincides with them launching a missile that flew over Japan minutes ago....

zhao
08-28-2017, 07:18 PM
I can't get past level one. My guy keeps dying because I can't find out where the food is at; i think developers forgot to add that content. The starting gun blows ass too. fricken wood gun that doesn't fire bullets... I have to TK 2 of my team members before I can get a gun that shoots.

ZenOps
08-28-2017, 07:36 PM
Hah. Its surprising how compelling a survival game is, people absolutely love games where they start out with their bare hands (or rusty dagger) and then have to build things to survive *cough* Ark survival evolved *cough* North Korea reality has far more entertainment capacity than any other genre of videogame if you ask me.

Start out with bare hands, a country burned down to one story shacks, and you have 70 years to rebuild with nukes and take on the US army - sounds like a winner title to me. I mean seriously, no hard feelings but its really way more fun and requires more skill to fight the Roman Empire than to *be* the Roman empire. "Ryse" was a gigantic flop, no one wants to fight as a roman with roman tactics.

Not to compare the Roman empire to the US empire, but if you had to make a comparison - that would be the most accurate.

Playing a videogame as a US soldier? Pretty damn boring and one dimensional - if you ask me.

zhao
08-28-2017, 09:01 PM
I hear the grind is absolutely brutal in the mid game and there is a total lack of content. Lots of barren lands that go on forever with NPC's that dont talk. Absolutely nothing gives you experience or gold either, and when you do get gold ur mandatory guide your forced in to takes it for their guild bank to 'hold for you' or to use for guild funds. we have 16 fricken statues in our guildhall and yet no food or equipment in the guild bank.

Plus almost no one is on the server and Some fag called SupremeUn with godmode keeps hax0ring me too.

A790
08-29-2017, 10:48 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/27/north-korean-firm-releases-hunting-yankee-computer-game/

About 15 years late, but better late then never.

I've killed tens of thousands of Russians and Chinese "bad guys" in who knows how many games over the years. This is a total non-issue.

HiTempguy1
08-29-2017, 12:54 PM
I hear the grind is absolutely brutal in the mid game and there is a total lack of content. Lots of barren lands that go on forever with NPC's that dont talk. Absolutely nothing gives you experience or gold either, and when you do get gold ur mandatory guide your forced in to takes it for their guild bank to 'hold for you' or to use for guild funds. we have 16 fricken statues in our guildhall and yet no food or equipment in the guild bank.

Plus almost no one is on the server and Some fag called SupremeUn with godmode keeps hax0ring me too.

:rofl: A+